Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the White House complied with the inquiry...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 521

If the White House complied with the inquiry...

Oct 9, 2019, 12:07 PM

And officials did appear for testimony, wouldn't that actually be an opportunity for the White House to offer defense? In other words, does not the refusal to participate constitute a choice to pass on an opportunity to defend the President?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the White House complied with the inquiry...

Oct 9, 2019, 12:11 PM

There IS no inquiry Prod.

Memphis, you may not like it, but there is an inquiry.

Oct 9, 2019, 12:15 PM

There have already been testimonies and document transfers. Saying "There is no inquiry" doesn't mean there isn't one, any more than me saying "I'm a cat" makes me sprout whiskers.

We can debate whether the inquiry is the right thing to do, but you can't debate the straight up fact that the inquiry is literally happening, right now.

Someone better tell Trump's attorney.

Oct 9, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: If the White House complied with the inquiry... ]

“In order to fulfill his duties to the American people, the Constitution, the executive branch and all future occupants of the office of the presidency, President Trump and his administration cannot participate in your partisan and unconstitutional inquiry under these circumstances.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget who's side one is on: if a Pres jumps every time

Oct 9, 2019, 1:27 PM

there is an 'inquiry', we're going to have inquiries coming out of our ### from here on out, a govt by nullification as standard practice. Which, come to think of it, aint so bad. But this isn't how things are done. Impeach or dont.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forget who's side one is on: if a Pres jumps every time

Oct 9, 2019, 3:05 PM

If we didn't have crooked POTUS, there would be no need for inquiries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The police are coming to question you. Because they

Oct 9, 2019, 5:25 PM

dont like you. Should be there around 10:00. Dont worry. If you're not crooked, nothing to worry about.

Sure you want to stick with that answer?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The police are coming to question you. Because they

Oct 9, 2019, 6:31 PM

Yes because I’m not a moron who stands in his front yard and openly asks another country to interfere in our elections.

The police can knock on my door anytime they want. I am not a criminal. I don’t have any contraband.

But this isn’t about me. This is about the President of the United States. He is a con man and a crook and it’s time to pay the price.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The police are coming to question you. Because they

Oct 9, 2019, 6:48 PM

Also you or someone else has asked this dumb what if the police come to you what aboutism crap about 50 times already.

Careful, friend. That is already personal, but this once

Oct 10, 2019, 12:39 AM

we'll say it wasn't. The point is that if the house wants to impeach him, they need to do so, and everyone can get all the information they want, both sides. But no, the President doesn't have to answer any 'inquiries', any more than you do until you are charged with something. And no, you do not actually want the police to search you just because they can; men have died to provide the Bill of Rights, and for reasons worth their lives. Dont go throwing it away because you hate someone.

Disclaimer: did not vote for Trump, not a Trump supporter.

Oct 9, 2019, 12:20 PM

If the house convened to actually vote on an impeachment inquiry like they’re supposed to and they agree to do it, then as far as I know, the republican side will have an opportunity to call witnesses, cross examine UNDER OATH, present evidence, etc. This is when subpoenas actually have teeth. Democrats have no intention of risking this level of exposure so they’re just hyping the impeachment talk knowing full well this isn’t going anywhere. That’s why the Trump administration is daring them to do it.

What is your basis for this statement?

Oct 9, 2019, 12:21 PM

"If the house convened to actually vote on an impeachment inquiry like they’re supposed to and they agree to do it, then as far as I know, the republican side will have an opportunity to call witnesses, cross examine UNDER OATH, present evidence, etc."

Re: What is your basis for this statement?

Oct 9, 2019, 12:23 PM

Trump, Hannity, Jim Jordan, and a magic talking fish told him so.

Is it true, for the testimonies that have already occurred

Oct 9, 2019, 12:25 PM

That Republicans have not been in the room, or were made to sit silently and not ask any questions?

Re: Is it true, for the testimonies that have already occurred

Oct 9, 2019, 12:26 PM

That is not true. They have been there and been given equal time to ask questions like any other Congressional inquiry.

Oct 9, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Is it true, for the testimonies that have already occurred ]

Guess you haven’t been watching. The formal inquiry is required to give voice to every single congressional member. This gets the other sides’ voice AND VOTE on record for the voting public. It’s been nothing but dirty tricks from the left nonstop.

This is all really beside the point. The transcript of the Presidents conversation is public knowledge. There’s nothing found in there to justify impeachment. Are people forgetting this?

Watch:

https://youtu.be/dPIfysPL0VU

Oct 9, 2019, 1:01 PM

Cue Jim Jordan for the facts. LOL.

The full congress is not involved. The individual committees are investigating, most importantly the Intelligence Committee. There are 13 Democrats and 9 Republicans on that Committee. They all get to ask questions of those brought in to testify.

Have you never watched a House hearing?***

Oct 9, 2019, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple of times.

Oct 9, 2019, 12:29 PM

Not very entertaining to me.

I would like to think the closed-door ones are more

Oct 9, 2019, 12:29 PM

substantive, but obviously I've never seen one of those.

Re: I would like to think the closed-door ones are more

Oct 9, 2019, 1:53 PM

Less grandstanding due to no press but the process is the same.

Oct 9, 2019, 12:48 PM

it's not the President who determines what impeachment means or to flesh out the finer details of how it works.

Impeachment is a power granted by the Constitution and by law to Congress. Remember, the division of power is that Congress makes the laws, the Executive branch enforces the laws, and the Judicial branch (the Courts) say what the law means. Importantly, even with all of the expansion of power in recent years through executive orders, the President doesn't really get to say what the law means. That's out of his or her lane.

So a few scenarios:

What should happen is that Congress exercises their power to subpoena and then starts holding people in contempt, arresting them and putting them in jail. That should cause more reasonable minds to prevail.

If not, the next step is a constitutional challenge that will go to the Courts. Even with the conservative judge packing that's gone on, the Courts should side with Congress when something is as black and white as impeachment powers.

At that point, if the Executive branch digs in and refuses to blink, and Republican Senators also refuse to flip on Trump, then we probably have one of if not the most serious constitutional crisis we've ever experienced. We're in a dooms day scenario at that point where the co-equal branches of government have ceased to respect each other's powers, and our system of government quickly unravels.

I would like to think that we won't get to that point, and two of the three bodies of power would gang up to stop a full blown constitutional crisis before we literally destroy our system of government.

I like your funny words magic man

No it wouldn't.

Oct 9, 2019, 1:27 PM

In a perfect world it would serve the POTUS well. Dems can say what they want without the public viewing the facts. Right now it's just two lying politicians arguing about what really happened behind those closed doors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 521
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic