Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the OSU situation was to take place here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If the OSU situation was to take place here...

Aug 23, 2018, 7:56 AM

How would you react? if it was on Dabo like it is Urban... what would you say?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo would never put himself in that situation because...

Aug 23, 2018, 8:00 AM

1) He doesn’t hire people that don’t fit our family environment

2) Even if there was an outlier, the second that employee did something of the magnitude of domestic violence, they’d be gone

3) Dabo wouldn’t lie about it

Re: Dabo would never put himself in that situation because...

Aug 23, 2018, 8:10 AM

You may want to check our staff before making such a blanket proclamation.

Do you have an accusation?***

Aug 23, 2018, 8:23 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not an accusation, it was reported

Aug 23, 2018, 8:30 AM

When one of our current staff members was a student/player. I’m not saying he shouldn’t have been hired or that dabo has done anything wrong. I’m merely suggesting we not throw stones and be holier than thou when one of our own was alleged to have done something similar in the past.

gotcha. I do think there is a difference between being perfect

Aug 23, 2018, 8:34 AM

And not being afraid to punish/discipline. My problem with Urban is repeated screw ups and doesn’t do anything about it formally unill it’s in the news. But I’m not sure poor leadership is a fireable offense for some institutions if winning. You do bring up a good point we aren’t perfect, but I’d like to think Dabo would have dealt with it if there had been continued offenses

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not taboo

Aug 23, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Not an accusation, it was reported ]

to call out DeAndre McDaniel. The feelings police can only do so much on a message board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo would never put himself in that situation because...

Aug 23, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo would never put himself in that situation because... ]

Agreed. I happen to know of a situation no where near as involved, but still involving DV and a crazy couple (man still employed by Clemson) You’re never going to hear about it because this is Clemson, not A city like Columbus.

Let’s all just pray that the liberals don’t ever get a sniff of any internal issues here. They’ll be out for blood real quick on a Christian man like Dabo.

Re: If the OSU situation was to take place here...

Aug 23, 2018, 8:02 AM

You drink too much coffee this morning?

I'd say..9 more days till kickoff***

Aug 23, 2018, 8:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

How will you react

Aug 23, 2018, 8:17 AM

when I say kiss my ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 8:19 AM

Fortunately, Clemson wins the right way. We don't need to compromise morality like OSU.

Aug 23, 2018, 1:29 PM

Reasonable question calls for reasonable answer.

If the same story were to start breaking at Clemson and around Dabo I am sure I would take the
following approach:

1. I would not believe the story. I'd reject the idea that Dabo had hired an assistant who worked for him a long time and who was guilty of beating his wife.

2. If an ex-wife said that she had texted Kathleen Swinney, that Dabo's wife knew the story fully and that based on that, she was sure Dabo knew the story, I would not believe the woman. If texts were produced that showed she was telling the truth I would bet a lot that Kathleen Swinney had shared the story with Dabo.

3. If Dabo said he had and Kathleen had counseled the couple and tried to help them through a first rough year of marriage and had been loyal and supportive of the couple, I'd believe it.

4. If allegations came out that the ex-wife had called 911 fifty times, got a restraining order against her husband and ultimately divorced her husband the assistant coach, I'd think the woman was a nut case, was likely exaggerating the situation and that their were unknown pieces of the story.

So far, I'd be reacting just like a typical OSU fan who believed in their coach.

I don't think Dabo would lie in such an open and transparently obvious situation to the press right after he'd fired an assistant coach and try to cover it up. If 1-4 had happened, I think that Dabo would explain what he'd done, why he had done it, apologize for making a mistake in judgement in keeping a bad apple around and ask everyone to pray for the well being of the ex-wife and the troubled assistant coach. I think he'd apologize for embarrassment he'd caused himself, his team and Clemson University.

Of course, I don't think Dabo would have the Florida 31 arrests, the odd medical/mental I quit Florida story in the background either. I don't think he'd have asked people he knew to try to talk the young wife out of filing charges against her husband for beating him. And I think that when he fired the assistant coach, he'd have been completely forthcoming about his own error in keeping the coach around.

I think the truth would have emerged almost immediately and without any sort of denial and that any subsequent investigation would reveal the story Dabo told to be full and truthful. If it went like that, I'd hate it, but I'd forgive Dabo and hope he could survive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.***

Aug 23, 2018, 2:08 PM

This whole situation opens up...

Aug 23, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: If the OSU situation was to take place here... ]

a huge discussion on what the best practices are for a head coach in today's world. Should they be actively searching for the skeletons in the closet? How far does the coach investigate rumors of domestic violence by members of his staff? Who else is held accountable?

Ohio State handled this whole situation terribly, I would just hope to God something like this doesn't happen in Clemson. But all it takes is one bad person to ruin an entire program's reputation. I love Dabo and what he stands for, I would hate for that to be tarnished.

Aug 23, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: If the OSU situation was to take place here... ]

The difference is...(excluding the folks in Columbia) most of the country would also believe Dabo's story as you put it.

No one believes Urban, because they know who he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic