Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama shouldn’t have been in. Period. And if they had not, we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Bama shouldn’t have been in. Period. And if they had not, we

Jan 8, 2018, 7:33 PM

would be playing UGA for the title right now. This is as screwed up as the BCS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sour grapes

Jan 8, 2018, 7:36 PM

Bama is the best team in the country this year. They deserve it. They showed it last week and will again tonight

They were one of the top 4 teams

Jan 8, 2018, 7:40 PM

BUT, if they were going to get in based on that criterion (i.e., not a conference champion), then they should have been ranked where they REALLY fell within the top 4. For Clemson to be the UNDERDOG tells you that Bama was ranked too low.

The #1 team has perks. But Clemson was dealt a raw hand.

I wouldn't have minded a re-match in the final game. I just don't agree with matching #1 Clemson with a Bama team that should probably have been #2.

They created an frenzied edge and got well for a matchup that should not have been thrown at the #1 team. Had we played in the final game, emotions would have been a bit more matched up, and prep time would have been more equitable.

Re: sour grapes

Jan 8, 2018, 7:47 PM [ in reply to sour grapes ]

The best team in the country don't lose their last game of the season. You think we would have gottin in if we had lost to the coots, H&LL NO NO NO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2018, 8:51 PM

If we were undefeated going into the game and they were ranked in the Top 5 in the country? I think they probably would have.

Jan 8, 2018, 8:36 PM [ in reply to sour grapes ]

It's not about a team taking advantage of the opportunity that they were given. No division championship and no conference championship. My beef is the opportunity should not have been given. It wouldn't have been given to anyone else. No one can argue that. That's the isdue. Without concrete criteria the playoff is never gonna be a true championship! !

Jan 8, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to sour grapes ]

They probably are but they failed to win their division and backed into the playoffs while other teams had to risk losing. A system that allows them in the playoffs after that is flawed....period.

Nothing sour grapes about it...you want in, win your damm

Jan 8, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to sour grapes ]

conference! I don't care if they are the best team, they couldn't even win their division, and played a weak schedule. Who was the best team they beat in the regular season? Miss State? Miss State gave the game to them. I would feel the same way if it were us that failed to win our conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put on your big boy pants. They deserved it, best team in 17***

Jan 8, 2018, 7:38 PM

How can you say they don't belong? They beat us........

Jan 8, 2018, 7:38 PM

and are now in the NC game - they proved they deserve to be where they are.

Re: How can you say they don't belong? They beat us........

Jan 8, 2018, 8:07 PM

Question: Would they allow a 1-loss Clemson in if we didn’t win the ACC? If you’re leaning towards no, then there is an issue.

Re: I Agree With You. Lets Get Technical ---

Jan 3, 2022, 10:49 PM

No Conference Championship.....No Division Championship....but still gets in the playoff. Say what they will about UCF ..but they proved it on the field this year.

Conferences aren’t equal, so that means nothing. Truth is

Jan 8, 2018, 8:40 PM

ACC was not as good as last year either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were damm sure as good as the SEC, from top to bottom!***

Jan 8, 2018, 8:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I would bet your money on that given bowl results***

Jan 8, 2018, 8:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama shouldn’t have been in. Period. And if they had not, we

Jan 8, 2018, 7:45 PM

Exactly what I said to a T, it's just like the BCS system, they will rattle it around to get it the way they want it to be!!! It didn't take them long!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree 100%, this is the snowflake generation

Jan 8, 2018, 7:45 PM

Champions aren't chosen by committee, they win the games they have to win. Bama didn't win that game and therefore should not be in the spot they're in. Are they the best team? Maybe. Maybe UCF is? Maybe Ohio State is? Maybe Clemson is and we didn't get a weekend off like Bama did, so...

They did not win their division, did not win their conference. They skipped ahead like an entitled snowflake.

If the term snowflake offends you, then I'll use the term we used to use: pu$$y! Sorry to offend you, pu$$y

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You are a crybaby snowflake.

Jan 8, 2018, 7:54 PM

Snowflakes cry about rules and laws and fairness, etc. Well by the rule of CFP selection law, they are in,

The CFP has a criteria of which Conference championship is a component but not an absolute.

Go take your snowflake tears elsewhere.

And I will support the the conference championship requirement if they expand the CFP to eight teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only you knew who you were saying that to. Lol.

Jan 8, 2018, 8:17 PM

nm

Jan 8, 2018, 7:50 PM

shouldn't have been in playoffs. they played 1 less game than the others. did not play for conference championship. we and the other playoff teams had a complete extra game to play plus it gave them extra week to get healthy and we had more wear & tear like the others but not Alabama. did not belong.

Re: I Mean Bama Is Really Good And Outstanding ---

Jan 8, 2018, 7:55 PM

But they didn't earn the official stripes to play for it all like others did. Sorry we even lost to them.

Maybe they didn’t deserve to get in...

Jan 8, 2018, 7:56 PM

But they proved they were worthy of being there by spanking our butts. They exposed our OL and proved that Kelly B really DID deserve to ride the pine behind Nick Schuessler last season.

Sorry snowflakes, but that’s reality. Losers refuse to accept reality, and they attack people who point out a reality that makes them sad. Winners accept reality, learn from it, and get stronger. It’s OBVIOUS where we have to get better if we want to get back to the CFP again next season. With the big time losses on defense after this season (comparable to the level of offensive talent lost after last season) our offense will have to step it up in 2018. Our coaches have a big task ahead.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe they didn’t deserve to get in...

Jan 8, 2018, 8:02 PM

Dilly, Dilly!

Looks like there’s a sad melty snowflake in here...

Jan 8, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Maybe they didn’t deserve to get in... ]

:(

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cut the sore loser stuff

Jan 8, 2018, 7:58 PM

Sound like a cry baby. Bama beat us and looking back, maybe we shouldn't have been in there. We looked like crap.

Re: Cut the sore loser stuff

Jan 8, 2018, 8:03 PM

Dilly, Dilly!

Re: Cut the sore loser stuff

Jan 8, 2018, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Cut the sore loser stuff ]

The best team doesn't always win a game....you have to show up and Alabama didn't do that against Auburn. What they've done in the playoffs is irrelevant....never should have been there.

Jan 8, 2018, 8:07 PM

I don’t have a problem with Alabama being in if They had played the same number of ball games as everybody else. Part of this game is attrition. One more game is more chance for a quarterback or a star running back to blow out his knee. This part of the game is partially luck. But it is part of the game And part of the system. It is kind of like a high jumper passing on the lower level jumps and just waiting until the championship round to participate.

They were one of 4 best. Seeding was wrong

Jan 8, 2018, 8:38 PM

Bama and UGA should have played in Sugar, we should have played in Rose

Jan 8, 2018, 8:48 PM

To be the man, you got to beat the man. Talk was that we were taking the crown away from Bama, aND boy did that not work out well at all for us.
Can't say they didn't deserve to be in it, they showed on the field that they did.

they were in bc they are the best coached team. they whipped

Jan 8, 2018, 9:32 PM

Us

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird logic.

Jan 8, 2018, 9:32 PM

Bama too sorry to be in. Had they not been in, a Spurrier team would have got in and we would have beat them????

Jan 8, 2018, 9:33 PM

get over it.....cause that ain't happening this year......we got beat last week......period.....Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic