Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CBS ranks Clemson athletics top-10 for 2017-18 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,615

TNET: CBS ranks Clemson athletics top-10 for 2017-18 season

Jul 12, 2018, 12:34 PM

CBS ranks Clemson athletics top-10 for 2017-18 season

CBS Sports released its athletic program rankings for the 2017-18 college sports season, where a weighted formula boosted Clemson into the top-10. The Tigers, c Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CBS ranks Clemson athletics top-10 for 2017-18 season

Jul 12, 2018, 1:03 PM

LOL, as if we didn't already know... this puts the coots wimmenz shooty hoops into perspective.

Jul 12, 2018, 3:50 PM

Indeed ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But ... "Director's Cup"

Jul 12, 2018, 1:04 PM

Don't these people even read the news?

In all seriousness tho this makes sense...

Jul 12, 2018, 1:08 PM

If you’re going to rank athletic departments fairly, rank them heavily weighted on the sports that 1) most schools actually have and 2) actually are enjoyed by most college sports fans (and as a result actually generally make money). There’s certainly an argument to be made that this is fairer than the “title ix bowl” that is the directors cup rankings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very reasonable metric

Jul 12, 2018, 1:11 PM

Focuses on FB and Men's Basketball... which are the two that are most widely followed by a large margin. Includes Women's Basketball as a requirement to make sure at least the one women's sport that almost all schools have is included. Only takes the top 2 from other sports... I might could argue for that number being 3 instead of 2 (with at least 1 women's sport being a requirement), but 2 is reasonable.

This looks like a much better representation of how people view the strength of athletic departments than the Director's Cup... and almost definitely is a better metric when it comes to whether an AD keeps or loses his/her job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very reasonable metric

Jul 12, 2018, 3:48 PM

Women's BB is all the coots have to claim with any substance, and they are very Quick to claim it!!! So, it could be a lot of truth to your statement when/where the coots are concerned ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2018, 1:50 PM

The only thing that I have to add is, when your basketball program has a 5 start guard taking a look at your program, things must be looking up for that program. And when it concerns basketball, and your program is being mentioned in the same sentence with Dook, it's a sign that things are looking upwards with that program!!!

https://www.tigernet.com/ticker/recruiting

If he's being actively recruited by Duke and/or UNC and

Jul 12, 2018, 2:43 PM

--- and we sign him, that will truly be an historic moment for Clemson basketball program.

The last 5-star basketball player we signed wasn't given a sniff by Duke or UNC.

Re: If he's being actively recruited by Duke and/or UNC and

Jul 12, 2018, 2:48 PM

CJ Spiller of the bball program. Or at least have that potential because I really think we make 16 or better this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he's being actively recruited by Duke and/or UNC and

Jul 13, 2018, 4:18 PM

Yep, I agree. A genuine 5-star PG coming in next year (even if he's one & done) would be the perfect prescription for jump starting a long-term string of success for Clemson hoops.

Jul 12, 2018, 2:25 PM

Jul 12, 2018, 2:46 PM

I'd have to make an argument that if you're going to include lacrosse, gymnastics, and wrestling then you really have to include m/w golf and m/w tennis. I would argue that more colleges have those teams than do gymnastics, and wrestling. I just love the fact that it's:

5-ACC
4-B1G
4-SEC
1-B12
1-Pac12

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,615
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic