Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,320

If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?

Nov 9, 2019, 2:20 PM

I’m certainly thrilled about it as a Clemson fan, but I don’t understand it from the TV perspective this week.

Any thoughts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

They know that Clemson is gonna lay an egg.

Nov 9, 2019, 2:23 PM

Joking!!!!

Everyone wants to watch the champs!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fox has started making Noon their prime slot and picking

Nov 9, 2019, 2:25 PM

the best possible game to follow their morning show in an attempt to pump their ratings. Penn State/Minnesota at Noon is likely counter programming, plus colder weather up north means the B1G is loathe to play night games in November.

That leaves us as the best matchup for ABC. Other night games this week are even more iffy, with Georgia/Missouri and Oklahoma/Iowa State.

I'd probably have gone with the OU game as Iowa State isn't that bad.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Johnny Conspiracy says

Nov 9, 2019, 2:26 PM

ABC knew that the committee would leave Clemson out of playoff this week , forcing Dabo to take the gloves off and trounce ncsu with 700 yds of offense...lots of scoring good for ratings

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dated Johnny's sister

Nov 9, 2019, 2:30 PM

Iva, once. That was a big mistake!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?

Nov 9, 2019, 2:29 PM

Our game was the best choice ABC had this week. Minnesota vs. Penn State could not be at night. For Big Ten games in November both schools must agree to it for a game to be held at night. Minnesota declined to play the game today at night. Otherwise, ABC would have likely chosen it to be the night game and we would be at noon or 3:30.

Easy Answer

Nov 9, 2019, 2:34 PM

Clemson is a prime time team!

Maybe Saban and SEC didn't want night game?***

Nov 9, 2019, 2:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC only gets one night game per year, and went with UGA/ND***

Nov 9, 2019, 4:19 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should say CBS only gets one SEC night game per year.***

Nov 9, 2019, 4:40 PM

Bama's LED lighting burned out... Ali Express ePack due

Nov 9, 2019, 4:23 PM

...next month

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?

Nov 9, 2019, 4:48 PM

As odd as it seems, the 3:30 game has had the highest ratings over the past several years.

Nov 9, 2019, 4:50 PM

The Bama game is being carried by CBS

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,320
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic