Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Georgia wins the SEC championship and Notre Dame stays undefeated is Bama out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If Georgia wins the SEC championship and Notre Dame stays undefeated is Bama out?

Nov 4, 2018, 2:51 PM

I think surely so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Georgia wins the SEC championship and Notre Dame stays undefeated is Bama out?

Nov 4, 2018, 2:52 PM

No

No, based on last year. If Michigan wins the Big 10,

Nov 4, 2018, 2:53 PM

then ND would likely be out and Bama in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a 1 loss B1G champ has to be in. OSU had 2 losses

Nov 4, 2018, 2:58 PM

And one was a blowout at Iowa last year.

Re: No, based on last year. If Michigan wins the Big 10,

Nov 4, 2018, 7:16 PM [ in reply to No, based on last year. If Michigan wins the Big 10, ]

So you would put Michigan in over the undefeated team that beat them?

Re: No, based on last year. If Michigan wins the Big 10,

Nov 4, 2018, 10:48 PM [ in reply to No, based on last year. If Michigan wins the Big 10, ]

Bama got in last year over a 2 loss OSU. If Notre dame is undefeated and a 1 loss B1G team wins the conference then bama is definitely left out

Re: If Georgia wins the SEC championship and Notre Dame stays undefeated is Bama out?***

Nov 4, 2018, 2:53 PM

I friggin hope so. this two team from the same

Nov 4, 2018, 2:57 PM

Conference nonsense is a load of garbage imo.

Re: I friggin hope so. this two team from the same

Nov 4, 2018, 3:32 PM

Having a committee to pick teams is a load of garbage in itself. It should all play out on the field with the 5 power 5 conference champions. If they want to have a committee to pick something let it be one at large group of 5 team for the 6 spot.

Nov 4, 2018, 3:58 PM

You can't have 6 teams in a playoff. It would have to be 8. 6 would be unbalanced. And the ultimate word on that comes from espn, who says never, no, not possible for 8.

they gave Ala. a by week,then 2 teams can get it***

Nov 4, 2018, 6:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I friggin hope so. this two team from the same ]

Wrong. 1 and 2 get byes. Six will be the next number when college teams start playing as many playoff games as the pros.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Georgia wins the SEC championship and Notre Dame stays undefeated is Bama out?

Nov 4, 2018, 2:57 PM

Heather Sandwich isn’t so certain, and that’s new angle to get hype two SEC teams making the playoff.

If...if....if....

Nov 4, 2018, 3:00 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfAiMbgkUeyBACmPOqj5ZA4pk2F2BvxhXCVIydMda3_NfGSFDr

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 3:01 PM

It would be:

1) Clemson
2) ND
3) UGA
4) Michigan

exactly if nd and us are undefeated

Nov 4, 2018, 8:38 PM

uga and mich would get in if they win out..bama would be out of luck...now if nd or mich lost they may get in even if losing to uga

Nov 4, 2018, 3:11 PM

If Michigan also wins out then Bama gets left out. It would be Clemson, ND , UGA & Michigan. With OSU and the Big 10 CG still to play the fighting khakis have ample opportunity to blow it.

Nov 4, 2018, 3:55 PM

Considering that the sec championship loser was left out last year, if bammer was to lose in that game this year, you would think they would be left out this year. However, everyone(mostly) loves bammer and wants to see us play them again for a championship. If they stay no.1 until the sec CG, and uga somehow beats them, I believe there is an outside possibility that the committee, and saban's lobbying, will keep them in at no.4 ....especially if khaki pants takes a dive and its between bammer and big12 loser, excuse me, chumpion.

Worst case scenario, if UGA beats Bama, is for OhSt to also

Nov 4, 2018, 4:47 PM

win the B10. A 1 loss Bama would surely get in ahead of a 1 loss OhSt, considering how bad their loss was. As it looks now, I hope Mich and ND win out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The loss to Bama is excused since Bama is the best

Nov 4, 2018, 4:52 PM

so that would Make uga "really" a 1 loss team. They would be the best one loss team since sec.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 6:26 PM

Unfortunately, I believe that bammer is in a no lose situation. No matter what happens for the balance of the season, bammer will be in the playoff. I know they won the NC last year as a non-conference champion, but I do not think a team that loses in their conference championship game should NOT qualify for the CFP.

shouldn't be a nation champ if you're not com. champ but

Nov 4, 2018, 6:39 PM

what are you gonna do with ND

Re: shouldn't be a nation champ if you're not com. champ but

Nov 4, 2018, 7:19 PM

If you remember, oh st got in a few years ago, even though they were not even in big10 championship. Everyone considered them better than the eventual champion(Penn st i think). Bammer gets in, as no.4, with 1 loss, regardless of anyone elses actions. Too much hype surrounds them.

Agree***

Nov 4, 2018, 8:12 PM [ in reply to shouldn't be a nation champ if you're not com. champ but ]

Depends on how ND looks down stretch and how bad Bama lost

Nov 4, 2018, 6:32 PM

and why. Say Tua goes out with injury, but they think he could play in playoffs, I think Bama gets in. If Tua is out, so is Bama. ND needs to be in conference and committee might push them into one by leaving them out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That SECCG would literally be a playoff game.

Nov 4, 2018, 6:56 PM

In the past, teams that didn’t win conference championships had a chance to get in because the way to determine division champions is somewhat unfair. (It would have been more fair if all games are played at a neutral site.)

And so both Alabama and Ohio State got in because of this.

I’m not saying that fair, but that what it was. I still prefer conference champions no matter how they slice it.

So, if Alabama loses the championship game, they’re out. I’m willing to place a bet on that.

Absolutely.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:00 PM

Bama getting in last year required several weird things to happen:

-Multiple loss Pac12 champ
-Multiple loss Big 10 champ

Not to mention the fact that Wisconsin was undefeated going into the Big 10 championship game and they lost. Their resume wasn’t that great for a one loss team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If not best team in your conf, you can't be best in Nation

Nov 4, 2018, 8:11 PM

Right? I don't think two teams from the same conference should be in the 4 team playoffs. If SEC is allowed to send a team, they should be able to select whatever team they want --- but only one team.

^^^^^^^ THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^^

Nov 4, 2018, 9:17 PM

I totally agree!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 8:18 PM

If JAWJA beats Bama Sabin will be on every show possible lobbying for Bama, just like last year.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 8:25 PM

The committee needs to show Saban the lobby.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:07 PM

Yes. So easy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic