Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson is your dream school, then commit already
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

If Clemson is your dream school, then commit already

May 11, 2018, 9:09 PM

That is all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because when you wake up

May 11, 2018, 9:15 PM

The dream ends...and reality sets in? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Clemson is your dream school, then commit already

May 11, 2018, 9:15 PM

I agree,seems like every time one of these recruits proclaim a certain school is their dream offer they don't seem to choose that particular school.

May 11, 2018, 9:21 PM

They's just being polite and all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 11, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If Clemson is your dream school, then commit already ]

It does seem that way. Like 10 dream schoolers who have not committed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2018, 8:40 AM

In almost eighteen and a half years of college teaching the one negative I see in my male students in particular is a clear lack of true commitment! They are either “entitled” or lazy as they expect “somebody else to do their work.” This generation is entirely to bound to technology as it gives them “all the answers!”

When real life smacks them in the face they want to run from it because in many instances they don’t how to handle it. There is little teaching of values, no real recognition of faith or family as means to overcome their obstacles in life. It is truly sad to see in many situations.

As said in another post those who discuss “dream schools” are thinking of the images they have grown up seeing largely on television or perhaps as children attending a game. They are searching for an ideal and having to make FINAL choice is difficult especially when Dabo explains his terminology of commitment.

Go Tigers!

over used catch phrase where much of the time the true ...

May 13, 2018, 8:16 AM

does not apply=ANNOYING as hell

May 13, 2018, 8:28 AM

I've come to the conclusion this is just "Recruit Speak". The number of offers and, particularly those from elite programs, are nothing more than a means to stoke one's ego. It appears to me if a prospect receives an offer from a "dream school" he knows enough about that school that he would commit immediately. Maybe what they should say, "it's a dream offer", one they can brag about but with no intent to go to that school.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic