Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If AJC Dawg article doesn't make you sick nothing will
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If AJC Dawg article doesn't make you sick nothing will

Jan 2, 2019, 10:42 AM

Some will see this loss as proof that the Bulldogs didn’t belong in the playoff, but there’s no way they’d have been this addled if this had been a meaningful game.

For Georgia, this game was essentially weightless. Had they won, they might have been ranked No. 3 in the final Associated Press poll, but that would have been cold comfort after missing the CFP. Bulldog Nation will hate this – fans get upset when their team loses any game – but no great harm was done here. In 2008, Alabama lost the SEC Championship game to Florida and Tim Tebow and then the Sugar Bowl to Utah and Alex Smith. The next year, undefeated Bama won the BCS title.

Speaking of Texas, Smart said: “They showed to me they wanted it more than we did.” That’s often said after games, usually incorrectly, but bowls are different animals. Ninety percent of a non-playoff bowl has to do with who wants to be there. Texas wanted to be here. Georgia wanted to be in the playoff.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/texas-was-ready-georgia-wasn-end-story/9Gb2YnGjSypScSTllprNUN/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it last night on here.....

Jan 2, 2019, 10:45 AM

The SEC can't say "It just means MORE" and then turn around and say "It didn't mean ANYTHING".

If it means more to you, then show up and play. Otherwise, take your silly saying and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Re: I said it last night on here.....

Jan 2, 2019, 10:47 AM

Its a meaningless statement period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 12:33 PM

If Clemson was in Georgia's position believing they should have been in the playoff, you can bet your sweet patootie our coaching staff and players would have given 110% to prove they belong. The "we really didn't want to be there" attitude demonstrates a lack of character and makes one wonder if this attitude persists with some players during the regular season games. It is a slap in the face of the school's fans who have spent considerable time and money to support them by their presence the game. In addition, it devalues every aspect of the game when the object of the game is to play your best, regardless of the outcome.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 12:41 PM

Couldn’t agee more with you Joe, also you can add to that, I doubt our players would have been running their mouths on twitter claiming to be best team in the universe that lost by 20 to LSU and played a nice half against Bama but ultimately lost as well.

Jan 2, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I said it last night on here..... ]

I don't know if you heard during the game the announcers said they had problems with several players at the start of bowl practice and had to sit them for awhile. That tells you all you need to know about the character of their team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to I said it last night on here..... ]

Lmao! Mapman nailed it.

I guess I now know nothing will make me sick

Jan 2, 2019, 10:50 AM

Relax.

We're in the CFP final. Did you expect UGA fans, coaches, and beat writers to change their tune?

Hope you sickness passes quickly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not just Georgia, every SEC team who ever lost a bowl

Jan 2, 2019, 10:55 AM

only lost because they "didn't want to be there"

when an ACC team loses a bowl it's because "that conference sucks" Tired of the narrative.

Guck Feorgia

Blah, blah, blah.***

Jan 2, 2019, 10:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let them self-soothe the pain with that kind of rat poison.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:53 AM

If they want to believe they only need to show up for CFP games, that is a poisonous culture that I can only enjoy watching.

Meanwhile, we will be laughing all the way to the National Championship, again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason some call him "Bark Madley"***

Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 AM

Re: If AJC Dawg article doesn't make you sick nothing will

Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 AM

He just defined what kind of team Georgia is ...... and teams like that are not play-off teams. I've never played a ping pong match that I didn't want to win!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe UGA should have declined the offer

Jan 2, 2019, 10:55 AM

I guess the $18M payout was too good to pass up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s the kinda of writing you get when newspapers

Jan 2, 2019, 10:56 AM

Hire fans to cover their team.

If they wanted to be in the CFP so badly

Jan 2, 2019, 10:56 AM

maybe they should have planned ahead and beaten LSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 11:08 AM

Winning solves a lot problems.

Texas didn't want it more, they are just a better team***

Jan 2, 2019, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they had won

Jan 2, 2019, 11:13 AM

we would have been hearing how they belonged and are big boy football..but per usual they lost they didnt want to be there

Jan 2, 2019, 11:17 AM

So its gotten so bad now that the Playoffs made a prestigious bowl like the Sugar Bowl meaningless? That's crazy, that's still a Big 6 Bowl. If its going to start getting this bad then they may as well do away with every bowl game except the playoffs. Its all B.S. tho, they are still trying to win....its just an easy excuse to use when you lose in a bowl.

Jan 2, 2019, 11:22 AM

wasn't meaningless to Texas... only to the spoiled SEC team that keeps getting told they were robbed they should get to lose 2 games and still get a shot at the CFP....

Having the playoff games before the bowl games may have had an impact on the fan base, players need to play, coaches need to coach... not rocket science. If Kirby was a great coach he would have his team ready to play. So far he cost them the Bama game and the Sugar Bowl to the second best team in the Big-12... let that sit in...

Jan 2, 2019, 11:18 AM

They did not do anything to reinforce the ongoing post semi's BS that the committee got it wrong and Georgia was clearly one of the best teams. The best teams play to win. Georgia if they really quit; and I think they just got beat personally, is full of players who feel entitled... that won't translate well to the NFL. Simple answer, win your games and you get to keep playing...

What a complete load of Dawg crap !!!!!

Jan 2, 2019, 11:26 AM

The players at Georgia and every other school for that matter are recruited to play games and it is the coaches job to have the team prepared and their heads in every game.

Georgia lost because Texas was the better team last night. The best teams play to win...ALWAYS !!!

Trying to spin this ANY OTHER WAY just makes you look like a whiny little candy a$$ loser.

If Georgia had won, they'd be singing a completely different tune today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: What a complete load of Dawg crap !!!!!

Jan 2, 2019, 12:08 PM

Agree! Texas had a great game plan defensively. They sold out to stop the running attack and Fromm was uncomfortable all night (showed in his accuracy to some open receivers). I do not know the class of the Texas QB, but keep an eye on Fields transfer options. He would be a perfect fit in Herman's system at Texas. He had a birds eye view of it last night!

Jan 2, 2019, 11:29 AM

Well hopefully after he reads what he said in actual print, he will realize just how ridiculous what he wrote sounds. That is coping out for his states biggest college team. Nothing more, nothing less!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If your team doesn't want to play in a NY6 bowl against a

Jan 2, 2019, 11:48 AM

top 15 team, then it's a problem at the program level, players and coaches. Decline the bid, let someone else play it if they have the 'take my ball and go home' mentality of anything other than the CFP. It's a BS excuse and they know it, or they wouldn't have been racing to erase their 21-point deficit in the 4th quarter. If you didn't want to be there, fine, but that's what you get.

Beaten

Clemson

Smart certainly thought they were ready...

Jan 2, 2019, 12:02 PM

Watch the short on field interview with Holly Rowe prior to kickoff. Coach Smart ### goes on about his team’s focus and outstanding preparation for the game.

B.S.

Re: Smart certainly thought they were ready...

Jan 2, 2019, 12:12 PM

yep, he saw they were ready in his team's eyes. lol

Remember when TCU got hosed and left out in 2014

Jan 2, 2019, 12:37 PM

they went and blasted Ole Miss 49-3 (IIRC).

UGa is high on talent and low on Character.

They are an SEC team, fo sho.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 12:38 PM

Its at load of crap, but man does it say alot about the coaching staff that he would say that. I have zero respect for kirby dumb.

Im a fan of expanding the playoff, which would put this argument to rest.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something about writing an article saying the team was

Jan 2, 2019, 12:52 PM

neither ready or wanted to be in the game strikes me as pathetic. Built in excuses are the epitome of poor character and discipline. That is on coaches and players alike, you took the money, get dressed out for the game, but do not care ?? That speaks volumes to the culture.

I am sure that is the easy way out, a cop-out for what transpired. Texas played well and beat Georgia. That is all it proves, Texas beat Georgia. Nothing more. Georgia has 3 losses now, not even close to Championship material.

Always next year is the fight song for the Georgia Dawgs... excuses excuses excuses

But wait...

Jan 2, 2019, 12:59 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/So-apparently-they-DID-want-to-be-there-1871524?tstart=25

Clemson

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic