Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ICYMI (germans?) CBS Sports Clemson Fatigue?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

ICYMI (germans?) CBS Sports Clemson Fatigue?

May 21, 2019, 11:24 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/100-days-out-counting-down-100-things-to-get-you-ready-for-the-2019-college-football-season/

4. Clemson fatigue: It's coming. I just want us all to be ready for it, because it's going to be a new look for the Tigers, and I am fascinated to see how coach, program, players and fans all settle in to this new reality. Clemson was a lovable underdog on the way up the mountain with everyone bringing their own guts, pizza parties in Death Valley and thrilling postseason wins against the blue bloods of college football. But what happened in San Jose, California, was not last-second heroics; it was a landscape shifting #BEATEMDOWN that proclaimed the arrival of Clemson as a modern blue blood, a true bully on the block that sits at the table with Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma without feeling one bit out of place.

While it's nice that they recognize our place at the table, virtually everything else...I saw this on Finebaum yesterday and the discussion/comments about how Clemson will be overhyped and Trevor Lawrence for Heisman will be overhyped and I thought "No one said anything about Alambama fatigue last year when Alabama was overhyped and Tua for Heisman was overhyped..."

(CBS did write about Bama fatigue in 2017, just before we won in Tampa.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why is Georgia at this so-called table?***

May 21, 2019, 11:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fatigue????

May 21, 2019, 11:46 AM

We’re not the least bit tired. We’re just gettin’ warmed up. The folks at CBS should tie kerosene rags around their ankles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson fatigue????

May 21, 2019, 1:31 PM

I don't think it was in reference to us being tired. sorry hth

Re: Clemson fatigue????

May 21, 2019, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Clemson fatigue???? ]

Has the world not noticed? Clemson's place card has been on the table for the last four years. Alabama's place card is the only other one in that group that can match Clemson. So, without having to show one iota of bias, it's Clemson, Alabama and the rest of you'll, or, as Dabo would say, "The ROY bus".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why is Georgia at this so-called table?***

May 21, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to why is Georgia at this so-called table?*** ]

That was my thought, UGA played for one but other than that they've made one playoff appearance. I don't even think Oklahoma should be included at this metaphorical table, but they've at least made multiple playoff appearances.

You could even stretch it to Ohio State not belonging, but they at least did win the playoff and beat Bama a few years ago, so maybe it's a two seat booth and they get to pull up a chair for a beer but leave before dinner gets there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why is Georgia at this so-called table?******

May 21, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to why is Georgia at this so-called table?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Somebody has to clear the table and wash the dishes ***

May 21, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to why is Georgia at this so-called table?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 21, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to why is Georgia at this so-called table?*** ]

Excellent question. Maybe they are on the floor hoping for some scraps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CBS SEC Writer .

May 21, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to why is Georgia at this so-called table?*** ]

UGA is not at the table.

May 21, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to why is Georgia at this so-called table?*** ]

RC Tiger® said:

Can someone explain the "Germans" joke to me?

CU not feeling out of place among UGA, OU, OSU, & Bama?

May 21, 2019, 11:45 AM

You're #### right we're not out of place there

What a STUPUD comment....every one of those teams except ONE has won a national title this millennium. What the heck has UGA done to be considered in that category?

They beat up on a bunch of crappy teams they are supposed to beat, and then ptomptly choke away the 2 biggest games they habe played since 1981.

UGA should feel WAY out of place when mentioned among Clemson, Bama, and heck even OSU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU not feeling out of place among UGA, OU, OSU, & Bama?

May 21, 2019, 11:54 AM

"I wish i was an apple....Hangin on a tree....Cause every time 'ol Kirby walks by....He'd take a biiiiite of me"...

they played bama close and sec and recruiting champions

May 21, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to CU not feeling out of place among UGA, OU, OSU, & Bama? ]

but life's losers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dammmmn, we're cycling out again***

May 21, 2019, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROFL...

May 21, 2019, 11:59 AM

Maybe we'll let Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma sit at OUR table.

At least Bama has earned a place. The others, not so much !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ICYMI (germans?) CBS Sports Clemson Fatigue?

May 21, 2019, 12:02 PM

Alabama fatigue is a known constant for all non-SEC fans and some SEC fanbases (LSU, Georgia, etc ....SEC teams that year in and year out are typically more than mediocre).

If someone is not a Clemson fan, I don't see how fatigue could not start to set in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 12:56 PM

The only reason they are so fatigued is because they keep on thinking of all these excuses.

Must be a huge table to include a team who last won in 1980***

May 21, 2019, 5:44 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 21, 2019, 7:43 PM

Nothing new here. Coots have been suffering from Clemson fatigue for over a hundred years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic