Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The “Omaha” on the back of our baseball hats is stupid.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

The “Omaha” on the back of our baseball hats is stupid.

Jun 2, 2018, 11:26 PM

We haven’t been to Omaha in a long time. Let’s put something more attainable like “Super Regional” on the hats next year.

Putting Omaha on your hats when you haven’t been close in a while is pretty dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

more like

Jun 2, 2018, 11:26 PM

"regional" or nothing at all. They need to earn the right to have Omaha on their hats

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with that.***

Jun 2, 2018, 11:27 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about "HIT THE &*!$#@ BALL"***

Jun 2, 2018, 11:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I would settle for “Team Batting Avg” these days

Jun 2, 2018, 11:28 PM

Can’t win if you can’t score. Can’t score with pop flies all the time.

Agreed!! Should be a Tiger Paw

Jun 2, 2018, 11:33 PM

Omaha is reserved for the best 8 teams, we haven’t been that in years now.

It's always been stupid

Jun 2, 2018, 11:34 PM

it could explain our lackluster performances in Omaha in the past because it's like we are satisfied with simply making it

I feel like we are cursed in omaha when we do make it

Jun 2, 2018, 11:37 PM

The greatest line-up I can ever remember got smoked in omaha. Maybe it's bad mojo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, it has always been stupid.

Jun 2, 2018, 11:56 PM [ in reply to It's always been stupid ]

It just gets worse the more remote our last Omaha appearance becomes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I've got a great hat logo for us. It's from our pumpers...

Jun 2, 2018, 11:59 PM

"REGIONAL HOST (we won't advance because Tanner and umpires hate us)"

Re: I've got a great hat logo for us. It's from our pumpers...

Jun 4, 2018, 1:53 PM

Maybe I'm just bitter, but Tanner and umps can't hurt when Vandy hangs freakin 19 on us...On to the next I suppose...

Re: The “Omaha” on the back of our baseball hats is stupid.

Jun 2, 2018, 11:59 PM

Need to stitch Super Regional on the caps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jun 3, 2018, 12:15 AM

Agree. Haven’t earned the right. It’s kinda embarrassing that it’s there and we can’t even win in Clemson.

Jun 3, 2018, 12:39 AM

We haven’t been to Omaha in a long time. Let’s put something more attainable like “Super Regional” on the hats next year.

Putting Omaha on your hats when you haven’t been close in a while is pretty dumb.

I'm on the fence with you on this.

On one hand, Clemson hasn't been to Omaha in sometime; On the other, best is standard, so Omaha is the goal in mind; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Let's keep in mind when Dabo went with the plain Orange and White combo for home and away games, some fans thought that was dumb. Then the Orange pants for Championships? Years later a good bit of fans stand behind the thought.(I personally don't because I love the purple uni combinations too, but that's me; I also get the benefits of symbolism and motivation and not fixing what ain't broke).

OR how about when Dabo used to reflected on the positives and preach best is standard.... and a bunch of posters on here would mob together in calling him out for moral victories when we had little to show other than records being broken for home games in the rain? I remember the 6-7 disappointment of Kyle Parker returning; the Orange Bowl blowout; 5 bombs from the USuC faithful...yet here we are today with the joys of success in football because he stuck to his guns (best is standard) and it worked out in his favor.

Overall, I think we are all frustrated with tonight's performance. Season ain't over yet; let it ride out. I'm not saying Monte is going to win it all based on what's on the back of a baseball cap, but if best is standard, why would we want to shoot for less?

Regardless, rooting the baseball team goes on a tear starting tomorrow! If not, well, there will be plenty of beating the dead horse posts 'bout how Monte has reached his ceiling; pitching is okay and the bats sucks; we can't possibly get better next year, etc :D

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that best should be the standard.

Jun 3, 2018, 10:36 AM

But "best" for our baseball program doesn't seem to be routine trips to Omaha. Hopefully at some point in the future it will be, but we aren't there yet. Not even close, really. Aside from a few great seasons here and there, it hasn't really been our history either. I think we have made the CWS about a dozen times. Not bad, but certainly not great either.

When our football team finished a 6-7 season with a loss to USF, Dabo wasn't putting national championship stickers on the helmets or stating that the goal was to make the national championship game the following year. At that point, "best" for our program at the time was to win the ACC and make a BCS bowl. Yes, playing for national championships was his ultimate goal, but it wasn't the immediate goal then. The goal changes over time.

For our baseball team, making it to Omaha should be the goal - but that probably isn't attainable in the near future. Hopefully, Monte does have that in his vision as a longer-term plan, but for now, we should focus on smaller goals such as winning our regional. Baby steps.

Dabo could put "Playoffs" on back of his helmets.

Jun 3, 2018, 12:40 AM

But he's smart enough not to do things like that.

I never knew why our baseball team ever started doing that.

Wish they never had.

If they're going to, it should be written INSIDE the hat for something for them to strive for. Not to advertise to others.

THIS!!!!

Jun 3, 2018, 1:53 AM

The hats are coo but holy #### you have to walk the walk sometimes. Let’s turn this into motivation for our potential double header. Gotta win the first one!!

Jun 3, 2018, 2:21 AM

I've always liked it on the back of the hats. Its a constant reminder of what the long term goal is: Omaha should be in the back of your mind because that is what we are striving for.

Jun 3, 2018, 8:10 AM

Maybe we should try “CANTON” next year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must be a great life if your biggest concern is Clemson

Jun 3, 2018, 8:15 AM

having Omaha on their caps. Sorry but that is something the coaches decide not some spectator.

I didn't say it was my decision. It obviously isn't.

Jun 3, 2018, 10:40 AM

But it's pretty stupid to put Omaha on the back of our hats every year when we haven't made it there in a while.

Reality check: we have made it to the College World Series 4 times in the last 20 years, but only once in the last 12 years.

It's not like we are routinely playing in Super Regionals and barely missing out on trips to Omaha.

And yes, it is a great life.

Jun 3, 2018, 11:50 AM

I surprised you want to set the bar so low.

Making it to Omaha regularly should be our goal eventually.

Jun 3, 2018, 11:31 PM

But it's clear that it isn't a realistic goal now. In the future, yes we should absolutely strive for Omaha. But not now. We aren't there yet.

Called ‘goals’... a man’s got to have goals...

Jun 3, 2018, 11:56 AM

.... I learned that in rehab!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jun 4, 2018, 12:00 AM

There is nothing wrong with having team goals and making them as high as you want . Just don't advertise it in a public way , because it can look kind of silly later on .
I would be very surprised if we see our team goals on our uniforms in the future .

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic