Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would love to see Drad announce he's firing Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I would love to see Drad announce he's firing Brownell

Apr 1, 2019, 9:48 AM

today.

That would be, like, the most epic April fool's prank in the history of April fools.

lololol just thinking about it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

DRad is def a fool if he doesn't fire him...***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:49 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DRad is def a fool if he doesn't fire him...***

Apr 1, 2019, 10:15 AM

The rest of the ACC thinks you're the fool for wanting to fire a coach who does so much with so little.

Apr 1, 2019, 11:31 AM

The question might be "Why does he have so little?"

Apr 1, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to DRad is def a fool if he doesn't fire him...*** ]

The rest of the ACC thinks you're the fool for wanting to fire a coach who does so much with so little.

Apr 1, 2019, 10:17 AM

Did u say does so much?

Apr 1, 2019, 10:17 AM

Did u say does so much?

Apr 1, 2019, 10:42 AM

One play per game away from 13--13!!!--ACC wins with the same cast--minus our 2 best players--that was picked to finish 13th in the conference a year ago.

UVa was the only team that could call us a gimme this year, because they out-Brownell Brownell with more talent.

We were in almost every other game, at least until halftime.

Sorry that you entitled folks don't pay attention to anything other than W/L. There's another school of Tigers in the Final Four who would love to have your 'support'. Why don't you join their bandwagon?

Please tell me your post is a joke

Apr 1, 2019, 11:00 AM

That's satire right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Please tell me your post is a joke

Apr 1, 2019, 11:10 AM

If we had won all 13 of those games, would you have bothered to attend one?

He's too lazy to drive all the way down from Ohio.

Apr 1, 2019, 11:12 AM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Well we didn't win all 13 of those games and I

Apr 1, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Please tell me your post is a joke ]

still attended a lot of basketball games. So not sure what your point was with that.

I seem to remember a lot of people making fun of Tommy Bowden's "few plays away" quotes, but now we use them to defend a basketball coach? And on top of that now we're using the 2017-2018 pre-season predictions from the ACC media to defend CBB after the 2018-2019 season?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Well we didn't win all 13 of those games and I

Apr 1, 2019, 10:04 PM

My apologies. I confess that I cannot tell the invested critics from the uninvested.

The "All mouth, no money" fan should be called out when he demands a coaching change, because chances are he won't support the new coach, either.
The "Spoiled by Dabo" fans are well- intentioned but now believe that, if Dabo can climb the mountain in football, anybody should be able to get us up the mountain in basketball. ( incidentally, that mountain is 2.6 times as high in basketball.) We're now entitled. These are the fans that will eventually cause Dabo to leave, because he doesn't want to coach entitled fans like Alabama. If Tiger fans become just like Bama ones, Dabo will be gone, and it will be our fault.

Many are being dishonest with their unhappiness. If we all had known in advance that our Sweet 16 team, minus our leading scorer but with no significant additions, would be competitive in 15 league games and come down to the buzzer on 13, we would have been happy. Even if we had known we would lose 4 of them.

So I think the only thing that has changed from our expectations is our sense of entitlement, which is totally subjective.

A reference to a third party's objective evaluation of our team--last year--is only an attempt to restore objectivity to a discussion sorely lacking it. And yes, I admit the media underrated our team for the same reason everyone else does, including the fans: these kids play hard for Brad. Last year they were not more skilled than the media thought; they just played harder, more intense defense, and Gabe DeVoe reinvented himself as a scorer when we needed him to.

So anybody with a brain should have foreseen a drop off in W-L.

Anyway, the bottom line for any administrator has to be: are you living up to the goals that we objectively established? I'm pretty confident DRad looks at it that way. I doubt he will move the goalposts on Brownell just because Tnet wants him to.

But maybe you guys are right: maybe deriding the coach and team on a bulletin board is the best way to improve our team's performance and recruiting.

Ummm... last time I checked they play additional basketball AFTER halftime.

Apr 1, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: DRad is def a fool if he doesn't fire him...*** ]

And the final result of the game, win or loss, occurs AFTER halftime.

Soooo... why does being close at halftime mean anything when the final outcome is still to be determined?

~JKB

DRad is already a fool for not firing him 4 or 5 years ago..

Apr 1, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to DRad is def a fool if he doesn't fire him...*** ]

He'd be an even bigger fool if he doesn't fire him now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tell me again why he should have been fired 5 years ago?***

Apr 1, 2019, 12:45 PM

The same reasons he should be fired now...

Apr 1, 2019, 3:40 PM

He is a mediocre coach who can't recruit and he should have never been hired in the first place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You act like you said that 5 years ago.***

Apr 1, 2019, 10:10 PM

Was he hired on April 1?***

Apr 1, 2019, 10:32 AM

Re: I would love to see Drad announce he's firing Brownell

Apr 1, 2019, 10:50 AM

Due to lack of interest, tomorrow has been cancelled.

Sincerely,

Men's Basketball Program

Excellence is the standard.***

Apr 1, 2019, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Kinda like Bruce Pearl is a done deal to Clemson?***

Apr 1, 2019, 12:44 PM

A much better April Fools Joke would be if

Apr 1, 2019, 12:51 PM

that coot troll GWPTiger® announced that he is committing bored suicide.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you'll see it after next season***

Apr 1, 2019, 8:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic