Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UPSET over D players in HS, College & Pro thinking they have to KiLL an O Player with the ball..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,242

UPSET over D players in HS, College & Pro thinking they have to KiLL an O Player with the ball..

Oct 9, 2018, 3:07 PM

Saying, another HS Player (in Ga) has died from a violent hit & I’m sick of it!

A tackling player is suppose to stop or bring down a player carrying the ball in a reasonable manner..and not try to inflict injury or maim or destroy that ball carrier.

We’re seeing D players every weekend trying to hurt a QB & put him out of commission..and our own players occasionally get carried away too (Examples: My fav Bouleware picking uP a player & slamming him to the ground like cattle..and the Cuse D player last year picking KB2 uP and doing the same slamming to the ground technique like a wrestler would which knocked him out like a light & a concussion).

Call me Sissy but these latter in life brain injuries are sickening & cause such mental anguish to the affected player & their families in life & death.

Tackling is just that and not a right to maim!

PS: Warning - Keep this occasional style of play up (intentionally hurting players instead of tackling) and the sport will be reigned in more than ever by legislation, rules, sissy or liberal moms & male sissies! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sissy!***

Oct 9, 2018, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: UPSET over D players in HS, College & Pro thinking they have to KiLL an O Player with the ball..

Oct 9, 2018, 3:20 PM

this is a shame bill, back in my playing days we wanted to knock each other out. It gets intense out there. Luckily I never saw anyone get killed. You never expect to see someone not be able to recover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UPSET over D players in HS, College & Pro thinking they have to KiLL an O Player with the ball..

Oct 9, 2018, 3:58 PM

I've heard it argued, all the protective gear allows players to use their bodies, temporarily, as a weapon. You still had plenty of head injuries in the 'good 'ol days'. but it was arm tackling. It's also a shame some DBs go for the huge hit instead of the sure tackle. How many times do they miss and it results in YACs. Even pros do it.

Sadly I think many coaches rely on knocking players out of the game with cheap shots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would add that

Oct 9, 2018, 4:57 PM

The hard hitting many years ago accentuated the sport for many, but what we didn't know at the time was the cumulative long term effect of all those hits. Now that we know more about the issues with things like head injuries I agree with you.

So I also am apparently a sissy. I like the sport because I like watching world class athletes throw, run, catch and so on. The massive hits don't do anything for me, and I actually cringe at a lot of them.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:15 PM

Spot on. Watched 3 games with my 12 yr old son over the weekend and saw hits with the crown of the helmet in each. I kept asking who in this day and age is teaching kids to 1) launch their body as a missile 2) lower their head to target another player’s head 3) hit with the crown up high? You have a pretty good chance of paralyzing yourself AKA Ryan Shazier, temporarily or not. The youth league I coached in for several years has changed the younger age group to flag football only as of this year and the older age group is down to three teams because parents don’t want to see it happen to their child. We taught hawk tackling (rugby style) the last two years and that is the best hope for the game going forward.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:28 PM

Look i get intentionally hurting them, but people have to realize that you have 2 full grown men bothnrunning either clise to 20 mphs or some players even more weighing anywhere from 180 to over 250 hitting each other. Theres gonna be bad shots, theres gonna be shots the defensive player missed, it happens you vsnt take violent hits out the game, i mean look at the NFL if you sack the qb and land on him its a flag, theres nonway to sack the qb in the NFL without wrapping up and letting them fall on you thus risking injuring yourself. So what do you have now, grown men getting paid millions hitting the qb then pulling up to not get the flag, the qb gets away and coverts a 3 and long. The defensive players are hand cuffed. The only reason todays offenses are so dominant is the fsct its impossible to tackle someone sithout fear of ejection or fine. Things happen to fast to take your foot off the gas. I mean the nfl has turned into how many yards can u oass for inna single game. The defense is just running around basically

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic