Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will readily admit, I am not the smartest tater in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I will readily admit, I am not the smartest tater in the

May 4, 2018, 11:14 PM

bunch, but I don't think Dabo will ever leave Clemson....and I am basing that on my personal experience. You see, my dad was a middle school football and basketball coach in Duncan. He coached 10 years at DR Hill, before becoming the principal at Reidville Elementary, and later at Duncan Elementary. Over the years, I attended many games at Byrnes and I cannot tell you how many men I saw come up to him and warmly say,"Hey Coach" and give him a big hug.. I'm talking about men in their late 60's and 70's before my father passed away last December. Those same men actually voted him in to the Byrnes Hall of Fame even though he never really coached there. And they were HIS delight to see. It absolutely made his day. I know more stories about Robbie Beech and Phil Austin,and Lefty Mullinax than you can shake a stick at. They loved him and he loved them right back. There is just no bond like that of a revered coach. All of us had one and probably have one in mind right now if you played any organized sports. So....the point of all of this rambling is to say....Dabo's legacy is not a filled to the brim Death Valley. It is not the best football operations facility in the land that one day will surely have the name Swinney on it somewhere. It is not a trophy case that the Coots would sacrifice the OBC to get. No sir, in my humble opinion, it is none of that. Dabo's legacy is his PLAYERS. Yessir, and that legacy grows by the year. They come back in the fall,and the spring, and the summer. And now they are beginning to bring their wives and children with them. Dabo can win more trophies any where he chooses to go. But, those boys that he turned into men, well sir, they are Clemson men now, and Dabo can't take them to Alabama.No sir, those men will always be coming back to Clemson. If Bama wanted Dabo, they should have gotten him a long long time ago....when they had the chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will readily admit, I am not the smartest tater in the

May 5, 2018, 3:11 AM

Good stuff Spud

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2018, 3:18 AM

About the best take on the " Will Dabo Go ? " shenanigans that I have seen all week .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 5, 2018, 3:43 AM

You got it wrong in only one way, Spud. You might just be the smartest of us all. Without question, one of the wisest. Great words. Heartfelt and moving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2018, 4:04 AM

Well spoken my friend! I believe his players would have the same aspect as well when it comes to Dabo.

May 5, 2018, 4:52 AM

I agree. Best write on the question I've read. Your dad new what was important in life. I see the parallel with Dabo.
Thanks for sharing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^One smart tater!^^^

May 5, 2018, 7:04 AM

I only regret that I have but one TU to give you, Spud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sounds good and I agree, but...mama...***

May 5, 2018, 7:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but SPuD....

May 5, 2018, 7:22 AM

you are way smarter than most fish you encounter on a day to day basis..imho!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mama never comes before children...is what Spud said.***

May 5, 2018, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Sounds good and I agree, but...mama...*** ]

null

Message was edited by: Tiger1983®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You had me at: “I am not the smartest tater...”

May 5, 2018, 9:43 AM

??

I am hoping you’re reading Dabo right, my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

May 5, 2018, 9:50 AM

Looking at the amount you wrote in that post reminds me of just about anything Joe21 posts

May 5, 2018, 11:21 AM

Well Spud, it appears the attributes you attribute to your Dad has been passed along to you. I don't know how good your Dad was at hammering but you have hit the nail on the head. My Dad died just before I was 16 but I will never forget one thing he stressed, "it's not who you are but what you are". Your Dad and my Dad must have gone to the same school but at different times.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said he'd be here till we run him off.

May 5, 2018, 7:02 PM

He ain't goina runn oft on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a really good post for too many reasons than I feel like posting..

May 5, 2018, 7:12 PM

It really does make sense though. Great post.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic