Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was watching the 1981 game of CU at UNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I was watching the 1981 game of CU at UNC

Nov 7, 2018, 12:21 PM

Interestingly Chuck Amato's brother was one of the refs in the game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did he have shades and red shoes on?

Nov 7, 2018, 12:27 PM

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: did he have shades and red shoes on?

Nov 7, 2018, 12:37 PM

I spit a loogie in his hair once. It was great.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was watching the 1981 game of CU at UNC

Nov 7, 2018, 12:50 PM

I was at that game. Got assaulted by a liquor bottle thrown by some irate Tar Heel when we recovered the lateral. Haven't been back since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there as well...

Nov 7, 2018, 1:49 PM

one of the most exciting games I've witnessed. There are turds everywhere...met Tarholes that congratulated us and wished Tigers success...did not meet any hostility.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I was watching the 1981 game of CU at UNC ]

OMG - I was there too, and the bottle missed me but I wreaked of Jack Daniel's all day. I met a friend from High School there (who was a student at UNC) after the game. She said, OMG, what are you doing here, and I said, I came to see us win, and she said no, you came to see us lose... when I have totally white hair today, and that game started the process... whew. On the way out of town we were cheering, windows down, and an NC State trooper actually gave us the bird (finger) - I was just glad he didnt stop us and search the car in those days...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big #99 Jeff Bryant on the recovery

Nov 7, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I was watching the 1981 game of CU at UNC ]

I was 13 watching on TV and almost hit ceiling jumping off the couch because it sealed it and Jeff Bryant was my favorite Tiger as a kid.

Nov 7, 2018, 2:05 PM

Until we won the Natty in 2016 that was the single greatest football game I have ever seen. Every down was critical. Clemson people were so packed in we stood sideways on the seats.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 2:39 PM

Whew - u said that. I almost fell out of my seat yelling and then holding my breath. Surrounded by Tarholes...

Clemson and UnCheat put tons

Nov 7, 2018, 3:01 PM

of players in the NFL during the late 70's and early 80's. Lawrence Taylor, of course, but WILLIAM FULLER was a BEAST @ NG for Tarholes during the game you watched. Both guys from Virginia Beach area

Danny has an interview on youtube where he mentions wishing he could've recruited Virginia Beach region but apparently couldn't bc of our AD. He mentions #### Crum had a huge advantage bc he was allowed to recruit Virginia Beach regardless of academics. lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic