Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a week , huh ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,345

What a week , huh ?

Jan 13, 2019, 6:26 AM

This era ... and I wonder where we are in it timeline-wise when I think of it ... but this era in Clemson Tiger football has me constantly searching for superlatives .
There isn't enough good language it seems to describe how this all feels .
I consider my child ( Class of '20 ) and that she has been on campus now not 3 full years and has witnessed 2 National Championship seasons . How special is that ?
We may well see another before she graduates in May of next year . That used to sound like dreamer talk ... but Dabo Swinney and this rig he's thrown together gives us all hope that every year now could be the year .

3 time National Champions .
Soak it in !

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: What a week , huh ?

Jan 13, 2019, 6:36 AM

It’s been like a dream Dug, that’s for sure. Couldn’t ask for any more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 6:56 AM

The pleasantness I have in my heart is above average , and that Clemson is on top of all of college football is a big part of it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

If it got any better than this, I'd probably have to

Jan 13, 2019, 7:18 AM

start popping downers just to drop from my ceilings!

You'd think I was 18 again what with all the yelling, cussing, arm waving, foot stomping and jitterbug dancing I've done over the past several days. He1l, I'd even run down the Hill again, if they'd let me. lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it got any better than this, I'd probably have to

Jan 13, 2019, 7:48 AM

They'd probably let you Mr. Hartins . I'll go with you .

DB23

We always want our kids to have it better than we did

Jan 13, 2019, 7:57 AM

I attended CU at a time (class of ‘90) when we had a lot of success in all sports, and in particular football, although we never won a football championship during my term.

My son is a sophomore, so he only has one championship during his term, but he went to Tampa his senior year in high school (and Glendale the year before). I would almost say I expect at least one more football title before he finishes. Would love to add another Sweet 16 and CWS appearance.

Jealous, but SO happy for my son. And even though I wasn’t enrolled at the time, these are my championships, too!

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 8:05 AM

Today is a day of both happiness and sadness. When I awoke this morning I was mentally reviewing every touchdown we made in the championship game. In a few minutes I will start preparing for a trip from Clemson to Mullins to attend the funeral of a long time friend. I don't know yet if he was able to realize Clemson's third national championship.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 8:14 AM

I don't know why but there seems to be a big difference between having 2 championships and 3. Maybe it's just me but we now have a Row of championship trophies. Pretty sure we will add to the row in the next year or two.

Jan 13, 2019, 8:23 AM

A row . I like the sound of that . An entire row .
Heck , we may need to expand the FOC if things keep up .

DB23

Yes, there's a big difference in taking 35 years to repeat

Jan 13, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: What a week , huh ? ]

and repeating in two years!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, there's a big difference in taking 35 years to repeat

Jan 13, 2019, 9:13 AM

High Cotton !

DB23

I was watching a replay yesterday, and on one of the goal

Jan 13, 2019, 9:27 AM

line stands, BOTH Davis boys were on the field. And, I thought, WOW! They actually have some smack talk to their daddy now. "Yeah dad, that was a nice NFL career, I mean 'The Judge'and all that......BUT...WE GOT TWO OF'EM. One for each hand!!"

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,345
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic