Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if you're a guy, and you buy into this toxic masculinity BS,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

if you're a guy, and you buy into this toxic masculinity BS,

Jan 17, 2019, 3:13 PM

there's at least a 50% probability that you've been pegged or worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worse?

Jan 17, 2019, 3:19 PM

What you got against a good pegging?

Am I right, Greenr ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Sounding is the new pegging***

Jan 17, 2019, 4:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I don't know where all that comes from...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:38 PM

I just live my life trying to be a good dude to people, and I never hear anyone talk about "masculinity" or whatever. I only see it on internet threads like this. Is this something that's talked about on cable news or something?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the liberals are in anguish over their perception of

Jan 17, 2019, 3:44 PM

maleness. as a result, they are waging war on all forms of masculinity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess they haven't brought the "war" to me yet.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:48 PM

I haven't noticed.

Then again, I don't really know any liberals.

This may be hard for some to grasp...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to the liberals are in anguish over their perception of ]

But you can be masculine without treating women like crap or trying to fight every dude you meet who says or does something you don't like.

Toxic masculinity = being a raging ###### bag and thinking it's normal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

you're just describing a bad person. you fall into the

Jan 17, 2019, 4:01 PM

progressive trap by indicting masculinity.

And I think many of you...

Jan 17, 2019, 4:09 PM

Misinterpret the assault on the bad people as an assault on your manhood, and it isn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: This may be hard for some to grasp...

Jan 17, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to This may be hard for some to grasp... ]

You have had your azzzss kicked on a regular basis. You and everyone on here that bashes Fraternities. Bunch of pansies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, I was just thinking, I hope she loses a good quality

Jan 17, 2019, 4:04 PM

lube on poor Cata

Cherry flavored, please.***

Jan 17, 2019, 4:16 PM

Oh, we goin' all Greek now?

Jan 17, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: This may be hard for some to grasp... ]

It's true. It's the height of masculinity when you have to pay your way into a group of friends to get your back when you start fights in bars.

And you know, do all those weird things to each other during the hazing process. I guess I wasn't man enough to want all that.

Re: Oh, we goin' all Greek now?

Jan 17, 2019, 4:15 PM

herpty derpty pay for friends herpty derpty

Says every cuck that lives and went to college and never got any puzzzy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 4:17 PM

I mean, if that's what you want to call your older "brothers" doing to you late at night when you were a freshman...

"Brotherhood".

Objection, your honor.

Jan 17, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, we goin' all Greek now? ]

I wasn't in a frat, and if it wasn't for college puzz, I would have been a self-made millionaire by 25.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, we goin' all Greek now? ]

I always found it to be the other way around. Those that needed the most help to get some generally joined a frat.

Jan 18, 2019, 2:01 AM

My experience is that there are more chicks around when you are in a fraternity. I liked having more chicks around. I liked the parties we had packed with chicks. For some crazy reason, it's easier to get chicks when there are tons around.

Here's the bigger issue........

Jan 17, 2019, 4:06 PM [ in reply to This may be hard for some to grasp... ]

Can we try to solve society's ills without coming up with a shitton of brand new cutesy focus-group approved buzzword labels?

Toxic Masculinity
(Insert group)-shaming
heteronormative
rape culture
(insert group) privilege
microaggression
Mansplaining

blah blah blah......it's just freaking cheesy....if you have real problems, you don't need a marketing campaign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuse me...

Jan 17, 2019, 4:11 PM

If you don't need a marketing campaign for real problems, then how do you explain all the money the Univ. of SC dumps into advertising?

I dunno, but what I do know is that it's advertising,

Jan 17, 2019, 4:12 PM

so Tiggity is immune to it.

Maybe Gillette gave them advertising pointers?

Jan 17, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Excuse me... ]

Because neither has sold me on their product lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the bigger issue........

Jan 17, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Here's the bigger issue........ ]

At one point last year, I heard the word "misogyny" more times in 1 week than I had heard it in the past 4.5 decades.

College roomie and I discussed this drunk as skunks after

Jan 17, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to the liberals are in anguish over their perception of ]

the USC game in the parking lot. You really see it in music today. We both lamented on how music sucks now. I made the comment that music has lost it's "edge", and he agreed. This essentially KILLED rock music totally. It has been replaced by what I call "Pastel Rock", which is what you would hear on The Blend on sirriusxm. Bunch of men singing ##### lyrics in falsetto voice. If you want something that approaches rock music, with an edge, it will be sung by a FEMALE singer. Otherwise you have what they CALL rock now, which is really metal music, and not rock. Pisses me off to no end to listen to the top chart songs today and when you choose "rock" as the genre you get mostly metal.

And then there's even a change in the language itself. The ? sound, which is pronounced "eh", like sex, bet, best, etc. Most younger people now have replaced that traditional "eh" sound with an "?" which sounds like "ah" like bat, cat, alligator, etc.

So my "best frend" is now pronounced "bast frand". It's subtle, but overall it gives a gheyness effect to a lot of words, and it's so common now, especially among teens and young adults, and it's annoying as heck. It takes a masculine sounding word and makes it sound more feminine.

And don't get me started on gender neutral kids meal toys. The toys suck now, but they are also not designed to be gender specific. Except McDonald's. Waiting on that boycott and crisis to arise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s the latest disgusting mutation from identity politics.***

Jan 17, 2019, 4:07 PM [ in reply to I don't know where all that comes from... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, that’s possible.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:50 PM

Another possibility is that you are a person who can recognize obvious social issues, such as the high rate of suicide among men (3.5x that of women) and incarceration (10x that of women). Or, that you think there’s some correlation between toxic masculinity and issues for some women, say, the 20% of who have been raped or victims of attempted rape.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16192494

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why indict men and masculinity for the rape of women?

Jan 17, 2019, 3:59 PM

why can't it just be bad people who did the ######?

As for suicide, same question? Could it not also be "toxic femininity" that places undue stress on en such that they kill themselves? Housewives werent jumping off buildings during the market collapse. Society (and women) expect a lot of men. How does that equate to toxic masculinity?

As for incarceration there are any number of reasons for gender disparity. Men are MUCH more likely to get the death penalty for a crime everything else being equal. Men receive harsher sentences in general and prosecutorial discretion favors women. Hey, we all know men are not favored in custody disputes.

so-called toxic masculinity is a mere scapegoat for other ills, IMO.

So your hypothesis

Jan 17, 2019, 4:16 PM

is that some invisible matriarchy is responsible, rather than a well-documented history of society objectifying women, and our stunting emotional development of boys, beginning at birth? Interesting... I’ve not heard that one before.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the underlying hypothesis he's making, as I

Jan 17, 2019, 4:22 PM

understand it, is that a guy being a gigantic meathead a-hole is no more a product of toxic masculinity than a woman being a world-class bytch is a product of toxic femininity.

As I said earlier, we're already guilty.

Jan 17, 2019, 4:49 PM

If you are a male, you've already been prejudged and found guilty of something. Gillette just put it in a commercial saying it out loud.

Can you imagine the uproar had that commercial that condemned all Muslims for the actions of a few? What if it showed two Muslim their kuffiyeh, one telling his friend to not blow up that Mosque? Chiding his friends for beheading children in the streets and that they should stop?

"Be the best Muslim you can be."

Yeah..that would have gone over big.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was just thinking about that.....I wonder how well it

Jan 17, 2019, 4:51 PM

would go over if they referred to the abusive Catholic priests as examples of toxic homosexuality, or the Chicago gang violence as an example of toxic Afrocentricity?

I wonder if they'd be baffled when all the members of that group got angry, even when told "nooo, you're one of the "good" ones."

But somehow it's ok to paint 50% of the world's population with that broad brush and not feel a whit of remorse.

Real homosexuals or African Americans wouldn't get their

Jan 17, 2019, 4:53 PM

feelings hurt by a commercial.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I read

Jan 17, 2019, 4:54 PM

deweather

must have been in the zeitgeist

Jan 17, 2019, 5:00 PM

;)

Re: if you're a guy, and you buy into this toxic masculinity BS,

Jan 17, 2019, 4:01 PM

Preach

So if I’m reading you correctly, “if you’re a guy and

Jan 17, 2019, 4:06 PM

think toxic masculinity is real, you take it in the ass”

Anyone who dismisses it completely

Jan 17, 2019, 4:13 PM

could be insecure of their masculinity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or just think its all bull chit***

Jan 17, 2019, 4:21 PM

Jan 17, 2019, 4:48 PM

to quote the great Joe Rogan, "Are people even going to have d?cks in the future at this rate?"

wasn't that the guy from the real world who said that?***

Jan 17, 2019, 5:09 PM

Jan 17, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: if you're a guy, and you buy into this toxic masculinity BS, ]

Definitely a concern for modern males

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guilt tactics work man. Look at the concept of white

Jan 17, 2019, 4:48 PM

privilege, if you were to explain what it is to someone like say, The Prodigal(Just messing wit you Prod, kinda), who totally lives in a vacuum and is devoid of any knowledge of or influences from society at large.....They would find it completely ludicrous. It's laughably stupid. Same thing with toxic masculinity....

However, when you are able to apply pressure to people with guilt, they'll buy into some of the most ridiculous things you can imagine. Kids do it to their parents all of the time. Cry, whine, and act pitiful until rational thought is no longer part of the equation. People do it to their friends, and spouses. People don't like to feel guilty, and they'll abandon what they have to in order to free themselves from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this toxic feminininity?

Jan 17, 2019, 6:37 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Gillette is so full of ####.

Jan 17, 2019, 7:02 PM

This commercial stuff is the result of politically aligned special interest groups, who have a disproportionate voice in this country, pressuring organizations to further their narrow agendas. And under pressure of very bad press campaigns, they cave because if you are not a part of the victim class, you can't complain or you are immediately branded as sexist, racist, part of rape culture, etc. Debate is dead.... and with it dies Democracy.

People who take crap like this at face value are living in a friggin matrix simulation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is this toxic feminininity?

Jan 17, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to is this toxic feminininity? ]

Is this a real thing?

feminininity?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you've been talking about pegging for ages on this site***

Jan 18, 2019, 7:27 PM

you've got me pegged***

Jan 21, 2019, 6:09 PM

Jan 21, 2019, 6:44 PM

We all know how to act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkUN_5OymNU

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic