Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Musing Muse at LB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Musing Muse at LB?

Jan 9, 2019, 2:45 PM

Why not? Against the better teams, he just doesn't have coverage skill.

After Juedy's TD seems like he disappeared for awhile.. then came back in after a few series and gave good run support.

Certainly he's a better fit at LB than the Davis twins were.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Musing Muse at LB?

Jan 9, 2019, 2:45 PM

Made a great hit on Tua to stop a 4th down

Jan 9, 2019, 4:24 PM

TM absolutely crushed Tua on 4th down.??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might as well, Nolan Turner took his position @ Safety

Jan 9, 2019, 2:46 PM

Jan 9, 2019, 2:47 PM

Huge miss by you on this post.

With the exception of the Juedy's TD, Muse had probably his best game as a Tiger. He was all over the field and was no longer noticed in coverage after that big play because he covered well enough to not have the ball thrown to his guy very often.

Subbing in and out is not a new thing or a result of the bust. We sub players on defense constantly in every game.

Muse played great in the second half but there can be

Jan 9, 2019, 2:50 PM

little doubt BV played Turner over Muse for most of the first half after Juedy beat Muse for better back end coverage of receivers.

Re: Muse played great in the second half but there can be

Jan 9, 2019, 2:55 PM

It will be interesting to see the snap counts if they come out.

I think after Bama's early success in the air, we played a lot with 3 safeties on the field. Muse and Turner played together a good bit.

Love having a 220 lb safety to hammer their QB into the turf

Jan 9, 2019, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Musing Muse at LB? ]

short of the first down on a crucial fourth down try. Other than the great play by Jeudy on the double move, he played an outstanding game and a very good season.

One of the main advantages we had over Bama was our depth. Allowing our corners and safeties to take a break after chasing the NFL wide receivers of the best Bama offense ever is one of the main reasons we won the game.

I also noticed that Bama's high NFL draft pick safeties got beaten repeatedly for big plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not many CB's would hang with Jeudy 1 on 1

Jan 9, 2019, 3:54 PM

Can't really criticize Muse too much for that TD.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was impressed with the speed he showed to catch him

Jan 9, 2019, 3:56 PM

after he realized his error, but then he missed the tackle. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have like 5 or 6 LBs coming in

Jan 9, 2019, 2:48 PM

We'll be fine at backer. He needs to drop a little weight and get faster. Safety is a bigger need for us.

Re: We have like 5 or 6 LBs coming in

Jan 9, 2019, 3:44 PM

Not in 2019. We will be flush with bodies as DB and a little light at LB, it’s inverse of this season. I think him moving makes a lot a sense for the team and his future.

We don't have a few stud LBs coming in?

Jan 9, 2019, 4:24 PM

Plus the Smith brothers with another year, plus Skalski? Pretty sure Patterson and Constantin are going to be filthy.

Time for #5 to step up!!

Jan 9, 2019, 3:02 PM

former 5* LB

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 3:11 PM

That's an excellent suggestion. It's not that Muse is bad in coverage it's that he's asked to cover elite wrs on an island. Muse plays hard and he's smarter than many fans realize. Alot of times Tnet blames him it's an understandable moment if you look at what Clemson is doing on defense. Muse could be the next urlacher type, he has great range, great instincts in the box, and a pretty effective Blitzer.

null

Jan 9, 2019, 3:28 PM

He has average coverage skills as a safety. Those same skills would elite as a linebacker.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 3:37 PM

Is muse a smart and skilled enough player to do it? Sure. Would you trust him to not get emotionally over amped and be mentally engaged every snap enough to direct a defense? I don't know.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 3:52 PM

Who is faster, Muse or Turner?

Jan 9, 2019, 3:55 PM

I thought he got pulled after giving up that second TD to the tightend. I could be wrong but I would like to see the snap count too and see if Turner played more than Muse. Muse lets his emotions get the better of him at times and he goes for the big hit trying to lay guys out instead of bring his arms to wrap up and make a sure tackle. If he would shore up those two facets of his game I think he could be a very good player.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muse could play Will or Sam

Jan 9, 2019, 4:02 PM

But PsychoTea is right on with thoughts on dropping weight and staying at safety. Mike Jones and many more will be vying for LB p.t. Hopefully Simmons returns at Sam.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s where the NFL will play him.***

Jan 9, 2019, 4:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 4:22 PM

He is a real hitter on run defense but seems to lose his man on any sort of deep coverage, though I guess a ton of guys lose Jeudy. Is he big enough to play Will?

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic