Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was at a small college football golf outing yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,199

I was at a small college football golf outing yesterday

Jun 10, 2019, 8:32 AM

Not a school you would or should have heard of but an interesting story. The coach said they book buses for trips to away games and confirm them. The company had allotted 4 buses for this and the things was booked 6 months in advance. But come game day only one showed up because the local major college had an away game that weekend and apparently the company got more for those hauls. So they used the college fans for the linemen. So they put as many "skinnies" (his term) on the bus as possible. All managers and trainers drove themselves. they used the college's vans for the big linemen. The joys of small college football as he called it. We get our buses but not always with AC as I recall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was at a small college football golf outing yesterday

Jun 10, 2019, 9:13 AM

A reminder that for every advantage the big boys get (including our beloved Tigers), someone else gets the disadvantage.

At lower levels, players, coaches, fans and staff truly participate out of love for the game. Some of those guys not only don't get paid to play, or get their schooling paid for, but many coaches are paying the expenses out of their own pockets.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic