Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump tax cut isn’t giving the economy the boost it needs.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 645

Trump tax cut isn’t giving the economy the boost it needs.

Sep 11, 2019, 2:10 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/16/trumps-tax-cut-isnt-giving-the-us-economy-the-boost-it-needs.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package

Sep 11, 2019, 2:17 PM

which was such a success, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way I see it is the economy has gotten a $1 trillion

Sep 11, 2019, 2:22 PM

stimulus this year. EVERY YEAR the net stimulus to the economy by the government equals roughly what we spend in debt. If you take X from the economy in taxes, then spend X+5, then that's +5 for economic stimulus.

Sobering thinking 1/4 of our economy runs on government debt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how very keynesian of you***

Sep 11, 2019, 2:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, well, that makes what Trump did completely fine.***

Sep 11, 2019, 2:22 PM [ in reply to yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, just applying lunge logic here***

Tons of that we wasted, and this leads to what the heck

Sep 11, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package ]

happened to the infrastructure package both promised?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

excellent question. and we're all still

Sep 11, 2019, 2:38 PM

waiting on Bill Clinton's promised middle class tax cut.

will the dems work with him?***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: excellent question. and we're all still

Sep 13, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to excellent question. and we're all still ]

waiting on Bill Clinton's promised middle class tax cut.

So you're saying that if Clinton failed, it's ok that Trump failed?

Is that the relevance? "What about"....

Does Clinton's empty promise somehow make Trump less accountable?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why a "But Obama" response?***

Sep 11, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

could be "but [fill in the blank]"

Sep 11, 2019, 3:47 PM

point is that these attempts at stimulus rarely work and even if they do its short lived.

Calling a tax cut in a bull economy (greatest ever, I've

Sep 11, 2019, 3:51 PM

heard) a "stimulus" is quite a stretch. The net result was a lot of rich people getting richer and a trillion dollar deficit year (in a booming economy, figure that one out).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given the 8 year run of the economy after the stimulus

Sep 11, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to could be "but [fill in the blank]" ]

your point appears to lack support.

Now contrast that to the Trump Tax Cuts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Given the 8 year run of the economy after the stimulus

Sep 11, 2019, 5:31 PM

Liberals always point to that but in truth there was nowhere but up after the meltdown.

That is simply not true. Things could have gotten much

Sep 11, 2019, 5:45 PM

worse. We were staring at a deflationary spiral. Ben Bernanke deserves a ton of credit for helping pull us out of that mess.

Meanwhile, the majority of the Republican Party was screaming that the value of the dollar was being destroyed and inflation would skyrocket. They were wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they weren't.

Sep 13, 2019, 10:02 AM

We diluted our economy by the tune of about $3 trillion with quantitative easing. If you don't think that has influence on our relationships with debt, GDP growth and inflation, I'm not sure what to tell you.

When the economy crashes again, and it will, it will make 2008 look like a blip on the radar.

Sep 11, 2019, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Given the 8 year run of the economy after the stimulus ]

Lol. Is this serious?

Sep 13, 2019, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Given the 8 year run of the economy after the stimulus ]

Tiger1Dad said:

Liberals always point to that but in truth there was nowhere but up after the meltdown.

That is true...to a point. The "up" went far beyond previous levels, before the meltdown. Trump walked into a cyclical increase in a growing economy after the meltdown and he takes credit for it.

And others actually give him credit for it. It's amazing.

^^^loves the bank bailout ^^^***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Given the 8 year run of the economy after the stimulus ]

Yes, it was.***

Sep 11, 2019, 4:43 PM [ in reply to yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package ]

It was? How do you judge "success"?***

Sep 13, 2019, 10:03 AM

No no no...Cash Fer Clunkers***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package ]

Re: yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package

Sep 13, 2019, 3:58 PM [ in reply to yeah, unlike Obama's Shovel-Ready "stimulus" package ]

which was such a success, right?

That's just another 'what about' response. Whenever Trump fails at something the response from conservatives is "what about Obama", which is just a dodge to avoid addressing the point.

I want my $4000 a year the Tax Cut promised. Trump said it a half a dozen times, $4000 in saving or benefits or lower taxes or something. All while he gives himself and his family a windfall.

Obama failed on many fronts, but he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Trump. He's a con man, nothing more.

I want my $2500 per year healthcare cost cut from Obama.

Sep 17, 2019, 2:26 PM

Remember that?

""I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."
Sources: Obama Speech, "A Politics of Conscience," June 23, 2007

That never happened.

The other day I heard Bernie saying his healthcare bill would save me $8K per year, which would really be awesome, cause I'm only spending about $2500 per year on insurance now.

Here's a newsflash: politicians lie.

It wasn't really a tax cut but more of a shuffle if you ask

Sep 11, 2019, 2:18 PM

me. I lost my mortgage deduction (hit) but gained a child tax credit. Ended up a wash basically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a significant windfall with the cut to

Sep 11, 2019, 2:20 PM

business income tax

Results may vary, but it was a wash overall

No huge boost in revenue, or huge hit to deficit. Fed raising the rate from 1.5 to 2.5% added over $100 billion to the deficit.

Re: I got a significant windfall with the cut to

Sep 11, 2019, 11:19 PM [ in reply to I got a significant windfall with the cut to ]

business income tax

Give them bread and circuses...

The increase in the standard deduction made all of that moot

Sep 11, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to It wasn't really a tax cut but more of a shuffle if you ask ]

for me. (Granted - I am at end of my mortgage pay out..)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seemingly.

Sep 11, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to It wasn't really a tax cut but more of a shuffle if you ask ]

They took less out of my check, but I had to pay all that back and then some at the end of the year.

What was the point?

Re: Trump tax cut isn’t giving the economy the boost it needs.

Sep 11, 2019, 2:57 PM

The Trump tax cuts gave the economy a huge boost for awhile. Now the FED needs to lower interest rates and the Congress needs to cut the Capital gains tax so Corporations can free up some cash from assets they hold.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taxes need to be raised, and spending and entitlements

Sep 11, 2019, 4:04 PM

need to be severely curbed.

I mean if you want a viable United States in the next 20-50 years.

raised? They dont need any more $$...they need to cut spend

Sep 11, 2019, 8:08 PM

ing

That alone won't be paying off our debt.

Sep 17, 2019, 1:18 PM

I mean if thats even a goal any more.

Re: Trump tax cut isn’t giving the economy the boost it needs.

Sep 11, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump tax cut isn’t giving the economy the boost it needs. ]

The OZ program did away with any additional incentive from cutting out capital gains. No way cap gains are touched for the next 10 years.

The LAST thing we need is another capital gains tax cut.

Sep 11, 2019, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump tax cut isn’t giving the economy the boost it needs. ]

The federal government needs to stop favoring investment income over labor income. If you want to efficiently grow hiring and jobs, lowering capital gains taxes relative to labor taxes is about as wrong-headed as it gets.

The Trump Tax Cuts are, once again, showing us the fallacy of trickle down economics.

Treating "labor" income the same as "investment....

Sep 13, 2019, 2:01 PM

income. That really makes no sense to me.

There are many reasons why, not the least of which is risk. Someone putting their money in an investment is risking the money in varying degrees. While you can offset gains with losses sometimes, that doesn't appreciably lower the risk. Raising the tax rate on capital gains is social justice level crap that would do much more harm in the grand scheme of things IMO.

As predicted by everyone who understands economics.

Sep 11, 2019, 4:18 PM

Trickle down economics is a fiction that has been sold(and bought by some) since the Reagan years.

it sure aint hurting anything***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:04 PM

Re: it sure aint hurting anything***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:09 PM

Of course it is. These big Republican tax cuts wreck the economy every single time.

Reagan was smart enough to raise taxes to offset the effect. Trump doesn't even understand basic math, much less economics.

how is it wrecking the economy?***

Sep 11, 2019, 8:10 PM

Fake newz

Sep 13, 2019, 8:56 AM

You should know better by now.

Static economic analysis at its best right here.***

Sep 13, 2019, 2:03 PM

Fake News

Sep 15, 2019, 8:03 PM

You’ll learn.

Hopefully