Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Energy drinks in...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Energy drinks in...

Jul 3, 2019, 3:04 PM

Sports. I have heard of high school players using them and have also heard about some young people having problems from drinking so many already in their young lives. How bad or true is this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have heard they are not good for the body long term.

Jul 3, 2019, 3:26 PM

I have not or will not drink any energy drinks. Tend to stay away from stuff like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

High amounts of sugar and caffeine are not good for anyone

Jul 3, 2019, 3:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Energy drinks in...

Jul 3, 2019, 5:16 PM

The problem is which ones they're drinking and how much. The sugar content in normal Red Bull, Monster, Full Throttle, etc. is about as high as a standard soda, but also hits with a coffee-level dose of caffeine and some other stimulants like B-vitamin, Taurine, etc. So they drink them, get extremely buzzed for an hour or so, then have a sugar crash and drink another to counter it. There are plenty of sugar-free options out on the market, and even some newer ones that could arguably be considered healthy. V8 makes both carbonated and non-carbonated energy drinks that have the standard amount of V8 fruit and vegetable concentrate in addition to caffeine and a normal level of B-vitamins rather than the 300%DV amount found in Monster. I stay away from the standard stuff, but I regularly use V8 and Celsius energy drinks because I need something in the morning, and I don't like coffee.

Jul 3, 2019, 5:26 PM

That is the key , drinking one sugar free a day is the equivalent of drinking a cup of coffe. I think it’s funny how people say they won’t drink one due to it being unhealthy and high in caffeine and then drink a large Coffee with Creamer every morning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some good old ginseng is pretty good stuff

Jul 3, 2019, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Energy drinks in... ]

I used to see it in gas stations before the 5 hour energy and energy drink craze hit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like the lo-carb Monster drink

Jul 3, 2019, 6:38 PM

about 40oz of coffee in the morning, not sure why i cant sleep

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some good old ginseng is pretty good stuff

Jul 3, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Some good old ginseng is pretty good stuff ]

I avoid the energy stuff. Black coffee or tea. Five hour makes me feel jumpy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5 Hour Energy for me -- never tried the drinks

Jul 3, 2019, 7:43 PM

After my last rotator cuff shoulder rebuild,I seem to loose some stamina - would get a tired feeling, during a round of golf - since I don't drink coffee, I now down a 5 Hour Energy Extra, before each round and don't get that ""duh / bla feeling"" anymore __ ( and no,it didn't improve my score )

I tried it back in HS when i was playing basketball

Jul 4, 2019, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Some good old ginseng is pretty good stuff ]

It works, but it's basically the same deal where you get a kick for a couple hours and then it leaves you down and jittery. It also tastes awful.

Jul 3, 2019, 8:38 PM

I prefer coffee but if I'm desperate I'll drink an occasional sugar free energy drink to get me thru the night. (I work nights)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 9:56 PM

https://mphprogramslist.com/fda-investigates-monster-energy-drinks-linked-to-5-deaths/

Another example of our FDA at work... Think opioids.***

Jul 4, 2019, 8:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic