Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wasn't On Board During Game Did People Think Moses Targeted?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Wasn't On Board During Game Did People Think Moses Targeted?

Jan 8, 2019, 12:56 AM

Just curious how many people felt it was targeting and how many people felt it was a good no call. Granted, I know some people just hate targeting in general because they think it has made sport a bit too 'wimpy' or whatever, but not really debating that issue but rather if we'd have gotten called for hitting Tua in a similar way.

Why do you guys think it wasn't called? Only thing I could think of was because maybe it wasn't as hard of a hit as someone running full speed into it since it happened right near LOS but he definitely intentionally led with his helmet IMO. And of course there's the other reason...Bama already being short a LB and them not wanting to 'ruin' the game with such an early ejection.

After that no call, I was nervous we were about to get jobbed big time. But the only thing (besides obvious never called holding) that really bothered me was one time I could have swore Tua intentionally grounded inside the pocket and they didn't throw the flag either.

What did the board think about it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wasn't On Board During Game Did People Think Moses Targeted?

Jan 8, 2019, 12:57 AM

I thought it was targeting and bama never gets called for it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am an outlier

Jan 8, 2019, 12:57 AM

I like targeting as a call. Player safety is important. But this was not intentional, had no effect - so a good 'no call'.

Re: I am an outlier

Jan 8, 2019, 12:59 AM

I think only reason it bothered me was because I feel like we'd have definitely gotten called for the same hit if on Tua...

But honestly, scared me a little bit because the way TL fell after it almost looked like he was knocked out again a lil bit. But then miraculously he hopped right back up and burned them on the next play. I was surprised to see how fast he shook it off.

Jan 8, 2019, 1:02 AM

saw plays like that called ""ALL YEAR LONG"" ________thank goodness it didn't cost us the game !!!

Jan 8, 2019, 1:06 AM

Yep, same here man...I was holding my breath for a second. Did you see the way TL fell after it? Maybe it was just random appearance of it, but he looked so loose going to the ground I initially thought he was knocked out again or shaken up and was like...oh #&#@!

Jan 8, 2019, 1:00 AM

You had your typical 20 odd poasts about targeting. It was a nice break from the ones about holding no-calls. It was arguably targeting but once the QB becomes a runner you are not going to get that call most of the time. It was "let'em play" night for the Big 10 refs.

Jan 8, 2019, 1:05 AM

Yeah I can agree with that. Overall, it was probably one of the fairest called games we've gotten all season. They seemed to let the receivers and defenders battle without being overly biased toward one side or the other.

I'm glad they finally called the one PI on them when it was getting out of hand a bit early because they were hitting Renfrow early on almost every ball thrown to him and then they would never show a replay of it. Renfrow didn't end up having a huge game on stats, but having to cover him so closely definitely opened things up for Ross and Higgins big time. Just too much talent on the field to cover it all..

Jan 8, 2019, 1:02 AM

The zebra crew was good. They let the teams play ball.

Jan 8, 2019, 1:03 AM

I wondered why it wasn't called but thought either 1) no ref saw it or 2) it looked like both of them lowered their heads equally.

Jan 8, 2019, 1:04 AM

I thought there were to targeting penalties that the refs missed. The one on TL and the other on the TD catch and late hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i thought so, but the camera shot from the sideline

Jan 8, 2019, 1:05 AM

didnt look like it to me

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the refs let a lot of calls go tonight

Jan 8, 2019, 1:21 AM

That being said I think they didn’t call it bc it wasn’t all that violent. It was in fact targeting tho but they were swallowing those whistles.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic