Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's the simple things in life that make you happy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 477

It's the simple things in life that make you happy

Apr 17, 2019, 7:25 PM

Zatarains creole mix, about 3/4 a pound of raw, deveined shrimp and a hot, well-seasoned cast iron skillet.

Marinate shrimp in olive oil and Zatarains for a couple of hours. Cook on medium for about 1 and a half minutes on each side. Flip just once.

Serve with some roasted Okra.

The whole meal is 400 calories and yields 70+ grams of protein. Just a few carbs from the okra and only 8 grams of fat. Well...not counting the olive oil ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for not 7spotsing the story.***

Apr 17, 2019, 7:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Touché, douché.***

Apr 17, 2019, 7:30 PM

Well, where's your "simple things in life that makes you..

Apr 17, 2019, 7:47 PM

happy" post?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m working on a list...

Apr 17, 2019, 7:48 PM

So far all I got is Clemson football, family/jounge, and Beefsteak beer posts.

Re: I’m working on a list...

Apr 17, 2019, 7:51 PM

YUM! Leftover bolognese warming here. ******

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You doing keto bro?

I’ve been praying about it. I don’t want to jump right in without giving it a think, you know.

I thought about it, but I'm past the point where keto would

Apr 17, 2019, 7:33 PM

accelerate my weight loss. I've read some mixed review on using it as a long term strategy.

Me...I actually upped my carb intake, but started doing more cardio (treadmill...walk + run intervals) alongside weight training. Not eating ANYTHING (except coffee) between 8pm and noon the next day. And just eating smaller portions. For example, I'll eat a soup and have some beef jerky instead of eating a big processed hoagie sandwich from a deli.

Drinking...I've only cut back slightly. The difference is that I don't stuff my face with pizza and tacos after 7-8pm.

Oh. And getting your ### up in the middle of the day and moving around makes all the difference. Getting at least 20-30 minutes of light exercise has boosted my metabolism tremendousy.

I've lost almost 20 lbs since January using this approach. And again, I drink pretty heavily and eat more or less what I want to.

Getting your sexy back while drinking.

Apr 17, 2019, 7:36 PM

I like it.

(Wife does not approve however. So we are still in negotiations.)

Put it this way. My resting heart rate in January was 88

Apr 17, 2019, 7:36 PM [ in reply to I thought about it, but I'm past the point where keto would ]

It's now 69 (lol), which is considered pretty good for someone who is 30 and weighs 240 lbs.

I laugh a little because I actually have bradycardia.

Apr 17, 2019, 7:45 PM

I’ve been fat and out of shape for years now and my heart rate doesn’t get much over 60 bpm. I was working out about 6 years ago with this personal trainer, trying to get my sexy back of course, and he asked me, “Do you run marathons?” My response was, “Do I look like I run marathons?” It worried him so much that he wanted me to go get a doctors note before he’d continue to work with me.

Did I just 7spots this story? My bad. I’m not good at stopping stuff.

My heart rate was every bit 90 bpm right before Christmas

Apr 17, 2019, 7:53 PM

Blood pressure...I don't remember what it was, but I know the top number was 150-something. Which apparently is bad.

So. I had to do something. I'd imagie bradychardia is treatable with diet and exercise, no?

Just born with a slow heart rate.

Apr 17, 2019, 7:59 PM

No treatment unless it gets too slow. Then maybe a pacemaker if it causes problems. Doctor says it’s nothing to worry about. But diet and exercise could definitely fix a lot of the other stuff that’s wrong with me.

You're the most interesting man on Tigernet

Apr 17, 2019, 8:01 PM

Nothing wrong with you. You're just a degenerate like the rest of us.

Get healthy and your capacity for beer could increase 2-fold!

SOLD!

Apr 17, 2019, 8:25 PM

- 7spots

- And probably me.

Tell me more about your roasted okra

Apr 17, 2019, 9:57 PM

Seasoning? Sliced or whole?

I’m doing this meal fo sho!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 477
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic