Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC football teams as fast food restaurants
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

ACC football teams as fast food restaurants

Jul 31, 2018, 9:12 PM

I thought you all would enjoy this one. Not so sure about FSU being the ethical chain but some of the others made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/TheDannyBarry/status/1024098767753101312?s=20

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC football teams as fast food restaurants

Jul 31, 2018, 9:49 PM

I appreciate the guy who corrected him, that Clemson is the ethical Chick Fil A of the bunch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you’re reading it wrong...he meant that people avoid

Jul 31, 2018, 10:06 PM

Chick-Fil-A because of their own ethical beliefs, but at the end of the day you can’t deny they are good. People hate CFL because they have religious ties, close on Sundays, don’t openly support LGBT, etc., but even if you hate or avoid them for those reasons, they are still good and have success.

Same with FSU...lots of reasons to not like them because of your own ethics or beliefs, but they’re still good and have success.

Re: I think you’re reading it wrong...he meant that people avoid

Aug 1, 2018, 7:41 AM

I try not to get into politics on TigerNet because it's always a mistake, but allow me to refute "people hate CFL". Most people who boycotted CFL don't hate CFL. Their religious background doesn't bother most people. Other than playing P&W music in the stores, you wouldn't really know they're a faith-grounded restaurant...and I don't think they do this anymore anyway. (Maybe it's store-by-store.)

People didn't boycott CFL because they "don't openly support LGBT", they boycotted them because CFL actively contributed to anti-LGBT hate groups. (And still might, according to which sources you believe.) There are also a plethora of recent first-person accounts from CFL employees and ex-employees who face(d) widespread anti-LGBT discrimination and hostile work environments--often condoned and even encouraged by the management. That's unprofessional and despicable, not to mention decidedly un-Christian.

(I also remember a time within the last 30 years that CFL would only hire white people, then changed slightly so that they'd hire minorities BUT only white people could work the front counter. They finally fixed that, but it's a stain on their recent history.)

Even people who don't like CFL's politics or religion acknowledge across the board that they have great food and have found a magic formula for customer service--especially drive-through service. Their dedication to serving the customer is impressive. I wish every fast food restaurant would take notice, and I wish more of them would train their employees to give a crap about customers.

As for not being open on Sundays...okay, you've got me on that one. I definitely hate them for being closed on Sundays, especially when I get the jonesing for a chicken sandwich, because I always forget until I'm right up on the restaurant's parking lot. There is inevitably cursing involved. (Fortunately for me there's a Boxcar Betty's less than half a mile from my local CFA to help cure those Sunday cravings.)

Aug 1, 2018, 8:59 AM

You are incorrect on about 5 different statements there buddo. But we appreciate your attempt to put an opinion out there.

Aug 1, 2018, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I think you’re reading it wrong...he meant that people avoid ]

Should have followed your instincts on avoiding that type discussion if you are unable to provide a link to Alpahabet employee mistreatment. I looked, there are none. Not a single link came up, yes there were some about customers saying things but nothing about CFA doing or condoning this action. As to saying they contributed to hate groups, well all I can say is they gave money to groups that had a polar opposite view on what marriage means. Does not make them hate groups, well maybe if you are swayed to the liberal point of view that is if you do not agree with us then you are a hater,bigot or any other silly term they toss out. SO yes in fact libnerals think if they do not openly support the Alphabet agenda then they are being hateful bigots. As to only hiring white folks, well they are selective in hiring, pay better than average and maybe that lies on applicants more so than Company policy. They have standards and I for one am glad they do, never been in a CFA that was dirty, staffed by people that could barely speak or operate a cash register and somehow manage to mess up a I'll take a #4. Also most CFA stores are owner operated and that owner does the hiring, not CFA Corporate.

Funny, but I would call ND McDonalds.

Jul 31, 2018, 9:59 PM

Lot's o money, worldwide name, good a long time ago, but just fake food today.

Dude is clueless. Syracuse has to be Denny's***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:26 PM

Re: ACC football teams as fast food restaurants

Jul 31, 2018, 11:35 PM

"NORTH CAROLINA STATE - You're going to walk by without a problem, but they lure you in with their sense of promise. You get a taste, and you get excited. But then you're left slightly disappointed and wishing there was more. They're Auntie Anne's."

A perfect analogy. Even woolfpeckers are leghumpers.

Love the ones for the coastal teams***

Aug 1, 2018, 8:06 AM

Pretty good! I especially like the GT one.***

Aug 1, 2018, 8:13 AM

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic