Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Drug-smuggling human trafficker caravan headed to SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 722

Drug-smuggling human trafficker caravan headed to SC

Apr 15, 2019, 3:18 PM

https://upstatetoday.com/2019/04/hell-in-clemson-hells-angels-set-to-come-to-clemson-this-summer/

"The classic picture is a large-framed outlaw in a leather jacket, embossed with its gang insignia or ‘colors’ on the back. He’s usually taking a pull off of a joint as the strains of “Born To Be Wild” drift through the air. This is the common visual of the prototypical biker. In this day and age, however, a more accurate picture would include a slightly more conservatively-dressed figure entering a bank – sans colors – with a key to a safe deposit box, depositing a six-figure sum of cash. Modern biker gang members might be inclined to leave the colors at home for this. The money could have been made from any number of enterprises, but in the present day, most likely methamphetamine will be involved.

Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs (OMGs) are associations whose members use their motorcycle clubs as channels for criminal organizations. They are highly coordinated criminal bodies whose members engage in criminal activities such as weapons trafficking, violent crime and drug trafficking. According to the Justice Department, there are more than 300 active OMGs within the United States, ranging in size from separate chapters with five or six members to hundreds of chapters with thousands of members worldwide. The Hells Angels, Mongols, Bandidos, Outlaws, and Sons of Silence conduct the majority of criminal endeavors linked to OMGs, specifically activity involving to drug-trafficking and, more precisely, to cross-border drug smuggling. Because of their trans-national scope, these organizations are able to organize drug smuggling strategies in partnership with major international drug-trafficking organizations.

The Hells Angels are the most well-known biker gang, and were formed in 1948, getting their name from World War II bomber pilots. Though professing to live outside the structure of society’s laws as so-called “outlaws” or “one-percenters” (implying that they are the one percent that declines to abide by the law), the Hells Angels to have a highly-organized hierarchical chain of command controlled by extensive written rules. Membership, which is limited to white males that own an American-made motorcycle, requires more than a year of involvement with the gang. The Hells Angels reputation is amazing considering that there are only about 2,500 active members throughout 230 chapters in the United States, Canada and world-wide. U.S. law enforcement authorities estimate that the Hells Angels domestically have more than 92 chapters in 27 states with a membership in excess of 800 persons.

Although biker gangs have extensive history dealing a wide variety of almost every illegal drug, it appears that ‘biker’s coffee’, as meth is called, is the current staple for the gangs. In searching through the F.B.I. and Justice Department on-line resources, it’s impossible to put together accurate statistics for how much actual Meth is moved annually, but suffice it to say, we’re talking tonnage here, and they are undoubtedly at the core of the current meth epidemic, both through manufacture and distribution."

https://www.creativecareinc.com/biker-culture-addiction-meth-prime-movers/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, they're all white and ride Harleys? Well, that's different***

Apr 15, 2019, 3:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you should show up and protest.

Apr 15, 2019, 7:59 PM

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: I think you should show up and protest.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:20 PM

Re: I think you should show up and protest.

Apr 16, 2019, 5:49 AM [ in reply to I think you should show up and protest. ]

That's your first funny post. That was a good one though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How often do you start a good troll with a strawman?

Apr 16, 2019, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Oh, they're all white and ride Harleys? Well, that's different*** ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NyuNnAURSg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there were a lot of bikers at the Esso last weekend

Apr 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

maybe it was the advance team to check out the location

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Maybe, or maybe they were just normal folks who like to ride

Apr 15, 2019, 4:43 PM

Word of advice, though: If offered, politely decline the "biker's coffee." It's not what it sounds like!

the article doesn't say where they will be hanging out

Apr 15, 2019, 4:52 PM

Yeah, I drove by the Esso and didn't notice any Hell's Angels jackets but was not specifically looking for them. There were at least 50 bikes there and they had a sign near the front parking lot indicating motorcycle parking only. I guess I could have determined who they really were by trying to park the Subaru in there. They probably rented the Esso Club out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Challenge accepted

Apr 15, 2019, 5:08 PM

“I don’t think 750 motorcycle riders will cause any more problems than 21,000 students.”

Does this mean the student body is simply under-performing? Or that the bikers ability to cause mayhem rates them at a 28:1 multiplier?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

These are some bad hombres

Apr 15, 2019, 5:32 PM

and this is just from googling the South Carolina chapters:

"Sixteen members and associates of the Hells Angels' SC Nomads chapter, which operated from clubhouses in Lexington and Rock Hill, were convicted of crimes related to the RICO Act following a two-year cooperative investigation by the FBI, ATF, SLED and four local police departments. The investigation revealed that the group engaged in drug dealing, money laundering, firearms trafficking, violent crimes, attempted armed robbery, arson, and other offenses. In excess of one hundred guns (including fully automatic machine guns, silencers, assault rifles with high-capacity magazines, pistols, and sawed-off shotguns) were trafficked by the group and recovered during the execution of search warrants, and members of the organization also supplied methamphetamine, cocaine, bath salts and prescription pain pills. The Hells Angels' leadership coordinated the criminal activity and received kickbacks from proceeds generated by members and associates of the chapter. During the investigation, the chapter's leadership transitioned from long-time Hells Angels member "Diamond" Dan Bifield to recent inductee Mark "Lightning" Baker after Bifield was voted out as president. Law enforcement began the operation when Bifield made a drug deal with an informant in 2011 and arrested twenty people — sixteen men and four women — in a series of raids in June 2012. The last of the sixteen convicted were sentenced in June 2013; the group was sentenced to more than 100 years imprisonment collectively."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Angels_MC_criminal_allegations_and_incidents#South_Carolina

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article183947431.html

https://www.newsleader.com/story/news/local/2018/09/10/one-shot-greenville-sheriffs-office-investigates/1256265002/

Replies: 10
| visibility 722
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic