Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we've seen our last OUT West NCG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I think we've seen our last OUT West NCG

Jan 3, 2019, 10:52 AM

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/2/13815838/pac-12-championship-attendance-crowd-stadium-washington-utah

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/look-pac-12-championship-game-has-embarrassing-attendance/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, if this was at the Rose Bowl, it would be a different

Jan 3, 2019, 10:55 AM

story.

Re: Nah, if this was at the Rose Bowl, it would be a different

Jan 3, 2019, 11:02 AM

Or the new stadium in LA when it’s built. I’m sure they’ll put in a hefty bid to host

next four years are...

Jan 3, 2019, 11:07 AM

New Orleans
Miami
Indianapolis
Los Angeles

Re: next four years are...

Jan 3, 2019, 11:10 AM

One of these things is not like the others

Unrelated: Indy in early January sounds like a riot

Jan 3, 2019, 11:16 AM

Is Indy a dome

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 3, 2019, 11:36 AM

It is a dome and Indy has gotten very good putting on these events

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/02/06/super-bowl-xlvis-real-winner-indianapolis/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: next four years are... ]

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Jan 3, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: next four years are... ]

Oh man, I hope we make it to Indy. Definitely going.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2024 is in Houston***

Jan 3, 2019, 1:08 PM [ in reply to next four years are... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so - it's a combination of West Coast plus

Jan 3, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Nah, if this was at the Rose Bowl, it would be a different ]

only having one week to plan for the trip. People go to the Rose Bowl because they have a month to plan plus it occurs over a holiday...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until 2023, when it's in Los Angeles***

Jan 3, 2019, 11:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we've seen our last OUT West NCG

Jan 3, 2019, 11:38 AM

You're showing a picture of the Pac 12 championship game....no doubt the weakest conference out there and 2 very mediocre teams.

There could just as easily (in a given year) been 2 west coast teams playing in the Orange Bowl or a Natty in Tampa.

I know it seems like Clemson and Alabama are the only 2 teams in the CFP but that could change. Alabama can't stay good forever....

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but if 2 west coast teams were good enough to play in Tampa

Jan 3, 2019, 11:42 AM

for a natty, local folks would buy $200 tickets to go to the game. I just talked to a die hard college football (OhSt) fan who said even at a $100 per ticket it wasn't worth dealing woth the hassle of San Fran traffic and the pain in the butt Levi Stadium parking.
This dude only has to drove 2hrs.

Its not the same at other venues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: True, but if 2 west coast teams were good enough to play in Tampa

Jan 3, 2019, 12:21 PM

soywaker® said:

for a natty, local folks would buy $200 tickets to go to the game. I just talked to a die hard college football (OhSt) fan who said even at a $100 per ticket it wasn't worth dealing woth the hassle of San Fran traffic and the pain in the butt Levi Stadium parking.
This dude only has to drove 2hrs.

Its not the same at other venues.

If they played it on a Saturday night I might go to Charlotte and see game that involves two west coast teams but no way on a Monday night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no there couldn't have...When was the last time 2 West

Jan 3, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I think we've seen our last OUT West NCG ]

Coast teams were even close to the Top 8?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, no there couldn't have...When was the last time 2 West

Jan 3, 2019, 12:07 PM

2016. USC & Washington.

SoCal had 3 losses and were at no point in contention, next***

Jan 3, 2019, 12:14 PM

Re: SoCal had 3 losses and were at no point in contention, next***

Jan 3, 2019, 12:17 PM

That wasn't your question. You asked "who was close to the top 8" not "who didn't have 3 losses".

SoCal was 9th at the time of selection, only finished as

Jan 3, 2019, 12:24 PM

high as they did because 3 of the 4 the B1G teams stacked in front of them lost...At no point in the season did SoCal have a shot to make the CFP and that was the point...Not after Bama whipped them and they started 1-3...But thanks for trying

Re: SoCal was 9th at the time of selection, only finished as

Jan 3, 2019, 12:27 PM

Not sure why you find the need to be such a *&(% to everyone that replies to you. You asked a question, I answered it factually. Try a better question next time if you want a different answer. Thanks for trying not to be a *&#@%.

Did you not understand the context of the question before

Jan 3, 2019, 12:48 PM

answering? The post I was replying to said that there was just as good a chance of two West Coast teams playing for it all, I asked when that was even close to being an option...You incorrectly stated 2016, I informed you why that wasn't even close to an option and you tried to put it on me because you didn't understand the question you were trying to answer apparently and then got your feeling hurt when I put it more bluntly...Try to keep up

Re: Did you not understand the context of the question before

Jan 3, 2019, 12:51 PM

Do you really have this hard of a time comprehending your own English? I quote: "When was the last time 2 West Coast teams were even close to the Top 8?"

Answer: 2016, when USC was 9 and Washington was 4. I'd say 9 is pretty close to 8. Try to keep up.

Were they in contention for a playoff spot? If a 3 loss team

Jan 3, 2019, 1:03 PM

never ranked higher than 9th is the best you have, then there has never been a real shot, much less an easy one, at having an ALL West Coast final and that was the point you seemed to have missed...Keep parsing that sentence out of context, if 2016 is the best you have, MY point still stands, even if you seem to have missed it completely

Re: Were they in contention for a playoff spot? If a 3 loss team

Jan 3, 2019, 1:06 PM

I know what point you were trying to make. But that's not the question you asked. Do better.

It wasn't a stand alone question and you seem to struggle

Jan 3, 2019, 1:22 PM

with putting it into context, so I will help you...Yes, in 2016 two WC teams finished near the Top 8 but AT NO POINT were they both in contention...Now you say you knew that already, but answered my rhetorical question anyway and then get butthurt with my curt response...I would love to hear your argument for why 2016 USC deserved a shot at the CFP, because that's what you are REALLY arguing for, the 2nd WC team that would have made the playoff.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic