Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we offered Ngata now for a Dabo reason.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

I think we offered Ngata now for a Dabo reason.

Mar 12, 2019, 1:59 PM

If we would have offered before his brother signed/enrolled, it could appear that we only offered little brother to ensure we get big brother.

Now that that is off the table, he know's this offer is strictly because we want him for his value.

It would be just like Dabo to make sure he got his moment in the sun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we offered Ngata now for a Dabo reason.

Mar 12, 2019, 2:10 PM

It's well known Dabo and his staff take a very long time to offer anyone, players have made comments of being "annoyed" and "wondering what they're doing wrong" because they aren't getting offered by Clemson but talking to them and then stating that once they offered nothing had changed they had just seen what they wanted to see. Dabo and his staff don't offer certain players to get someone else, we didn't offer KJ's dad a job to get KJ like some schools, Danyel won't get an offer in hopes of us getting Joe (although he's already enrolled this is just for explanation) and I don't think Dabo would compromise the integrity of our team by planting possible bad seeds in hopes of getting good outcomes. Instead just do the right way which may be a tougher road but has a better outcome. This results in things like Mitchell Mayes comments that there's a lot of fake in recruiting, but not in Clemson and that because of moments like this where we don't offer both siblings in hopes of attracting one. That's not real and that's not Clemson.

The kid has lots of P5 offers already and his oldest

Mar 12, 2019, 2:57 PM

Brother is a LB @ Washington, so he and his family are very familiar with the game of recruiting.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic