Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion had his Nikes do what the last two pair of mine did.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 394

Zion had his Nikes do what the last two pair of mine did.

Feb 21, 2019, 8:59 AM

Me personally, I think Nike has been sucking in shoe quality for about 10 years. Aint that right ryanadidas

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it has more to do with him weighing 3 bills.***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:00 AM

Nah... they are the suxxors.

Feb 21, 2019, 9:07 AM

The same thing happened to me that happened to Zion with the last pair I had. The whole soul ripped off when I changed direction... last time I wore Nike. I thought to myself... self, you gonna get hurt if you keep wearing this crap. Zion could have used my infinite wisdom.

My last two pair of nikes busted out the toes

Feb 21, 2019, 9:01 AM

I don't even know what I have right now, but they good.

I've thrown away two pairs of Nikes

Feb 21, 2019, 9:11 AM

that smelled so bad, my wife made me.

They smelled so bad because I wore them for years with zero issues. Now, I did purchase new running shoes yesterday that are New Balance.

And, no, I didn't buy these

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine were great too until I did something athletic in them***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

Ah yes, the ubiquitous New Balance Mall Walkers.***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to I've thrown away two pairs of Nikes ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cannot remember the last pair of Nikes I bought. Possibly

Feb 21, 2019, 9:03 AM

when the "Lunar" technology first came out in a running shoe. I ran in them once and sent the back. They sucked.

Great style, terrible quality.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nike seems to have turned their focus to style over quality.

Feb 21, 2019, 9:38 AM

North Face, for example, and a lot of other once high-quality purpose-built clothing manufacturers have done this over the years. Once the brand gains a massive popularity, it becomes all about pushing out more of an inferior product quickly.

Side Note, Greenr has a 20 year old Alpine Light TNF

Feb 21, 2019, 10:11 AM

jacket in great condition. Found out last weekend that those are now semi-desirable as a VINTAGE jacket. I am working a deal to sell it to a fella who may try to resell it. I almost sent it to the Thrift Store a few years back.

I've got "vintage" patagucci stuff too

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Word.***

Feb 21, 2019, 9:08 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

When Nike changed their sizing to where a normal width

Feb 21, 2019, 9:10 AM

meant your foot has to be the width of a ruler, then I was done. Most uncomfortable shoes ever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

When you're testing shoes with emaciated third world kids in

Feb 21, 2019, 9:33 AM

a sweatshop setting, that's what you get. I recently tried on a pair of Clemson orange mid-cut Nike basketball shoes at Ross that were 'my size' and I couldn't even get my foot in them.

I don't think I've owned a pair of Nike shoes in the last

Feb 21, 2019, 9:15 AM

20, maybe even 25 years. I have two sleeveless Nike tanks that I ride my bike in occasionally, picked those up some 10 years ago. They haven't blown out. YET.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course they haven't blown out...

Feb 21, 2019, 9:22 AM

they're sleeveless

I had a pair of Nikes way back when

Feb 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

canvas, looked exactly like this except the swoosh was neon orange:

Circa 1979-80? maybe? Those were some of the best shoes I ever owned. They lasted forever and took a bleach-laden washing machine ride like a champ, emerging like new. I'm sure somebody on here had the exact same ones.

But every pair I had since those were crap. I quit buying them in the late 90's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was ALWAYS a Converse guy.

Feb 21, 2019, 9:49 AM

I'm not sure there was a better, longer-lasting or more comfortable athletic shoe made than the old school Cons. Then, they went away. And when they came back, you guessed it....BOUGHT. BY. NIKE.

Could have swore that you were a

Feb 21, 2019, 10:10 AM

Spot-Bilt guy

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot-Bilt was what I wore in high school football.

Feb 21, 2019, 10:27 AM

Senior year they gave us all brand new Puma cleats, which I wore once and threw in the bottom of my locker and went back to my old Spotties.

As was I... and you are most correct

Feb 21, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I was ALWAYS a Converse guy. ]

Pro Leather hi-tops in winter, canvas Chucks in summer. That was a signature of my teenage years, I got that pair of Nikes for some reason I cannot recall (birthday gift probably). Orange=Clemson, even though the color was neon not Clemson orange, someone had my interests at heart :).

I have a pair of hi-top Dr J's that I STILL wear on rare occasions. They are +/- 30 years old. Shoes that feel like slippers on your feet. I've kept them near-cherry over all those years. As you say, the modern Nike-owned versions just don't measure up.

Mid-cut Dr. J's were the greatest shoe E V E R

Feb 21, 2019, 10:40 AM

I totally wore mine to the point of being in pieces and still couldn't bring myself to toss them out until Mrs. Tig finally shamed me into it. I would KILL for a new pair of those original Dr. J's.

I mean, I'd kill just for sport, but it would be a real bonus to get the shoes out of it too.

Re: Mid-cut Dr. J's were the greatest shoe E V E R

Feb 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

I mean, even MJ wore J's.....

^^^THIS^^^

Feb 21, 2019, 9:23 AM

Over the last say, 20 years, I've had THREE pairs of Nike shoes that the glue broke down and the upper separated from the outsole. In all three cases, I got a fair amount of wear from them, so returning them wasn't really an option, but in all three cases both the soles and the uppers were in good enough shape to get a LOT more wear out of them.

First happened with a pair of Gore-Tex trail runners, then a pair of baseball trainers, and finally a pair of golf shoes. Nike has had a glue problem for a LONG time, but until it happens on national TV to a prominent athlete, it doesn't get addressed. I actually took a the trail runners to the little Asian shoe repair man on Cherry Rd, but that $10 fix lasted all of about a week.

I can't remember the last pair of Nikes I owned.

Feb 21, 2019, 9:36 AM

Their running shoes are so far down the line in quality and features that I don't even think about buying them. Not on the radar. At all.

I wouldn't wear them as casual shoes.

I have no reason to buy a Nike shoe.

I do have a couple of Nike running shorts and shirts, but not much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dri-Fit golf shirts have always been once of the best

Feb 21, 2019, 9:45 AM

fitting golf shirts for me. Comfy, stylish, zero maintenance, and long-lasting. Obviously, the Nike shirt glue is vastly superior to the Nike shoe glue.

dem skriped coach's shirts this season were dope

Feb 21, 2019, 9:51 AM

But unfortunately, because it was a template, every other team's coaches wore them too.

And overpriced if one were to pay retail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's something I've noticed with regard to Clemson being a

Feb 21, 2019, 9:58 AM

Nike school. The brand is tightly controlled by the university to begin with, but the reliance on Nike for the bulk of our swag is almost too much. It really limits the styles available to the fans. On the other hand, the coots must have zero interest in controlling their brand because the volume of styles I see for their swag, and in places like Walmart, is almost staggering.

I lost two big toe nails wearing Nike playing

Feb 21, 2019, 10:22 AM

hoops in the early 80s while in the USAF but they were free, yet painful as crap when someone stepped on my toes.

Worn Adidas ever since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 394
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic