Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taking the kids to a Clemson football game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 51

Taking the kids to a Clemson football game

Sep 17, 2019, 12:47 PM

Question to everyone: I would love to take my 6 year old son to his 1st Clemson football game. He's not autistic but the sheer awesomeness could easily overwhelm him. Any advice, do's and don'ts out there from more experienced Tiger fans? Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Good post. I’m taking my 3 and 2 year old girls to UNCC

Sep 17, 2019, 12:53 PM

This weekend. Should be interesting

I need tickets btw if anyone has extras

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put one of those girls on your shoulders - hold up 3 fingers

Sep 17, 2019, 1:14 PM

and I guarantee you'll be given 3 free tickets from a kind-hearted Tiger fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling you’re right. My 3 yo will be wearing her

Sep 17, 2019, 1:31 PM

TL16 Jersey ( her hair looks just like Trevor’s and she wants to be him for Halloween)

My 2 year old will be dressed as a tiger cheerleader

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he'll be fine. BUT - don't take him when it's 100

Sep 17, 2019, 1:02 PM

degrees. I've seen some parents with ear protection on their kids. Just be willing to "walk away" from the game in the event he appears shaky.

One thing I did for a while (a 4-hour game is a long time for a kid sometimes) - I went to the game at halftime, so I could see the end of the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My advice...

Sep 17, 2019, 1:06 PM

buy him one of those Minute Maid frozen lemonade treats.

It will take him about three hours to eat that thing with a plastic spoon and he won't make a sound.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My advice...

Sep 17, 2019, 1:09 PM

:) ;)

Opt for an early game so they won't be tired.

Sep 17, 2019, 1:08 PM

I would opt for an early game so they won't be tired. I've seen people drag them to a late game and they are miserable. There is too much noise for them especially when they are tired.
The best game for kids is homecoming so they can see the floats. Many can be climbed on, etc. The habitat home is usually there on Bowman so a great opportunity to teach them about giving back. The Graphics communications department usually has a pretty cool thing setup in Godfrey showing printing your own tiger rag, a photo booth, etc. And if you are there the night before there is Tigerama.
Second best game for kids is the military appreciation game. Just my opinion.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taking the kids to a Clemson football game

Sep 17, 2019, 1:10 PM

Any of them this year should do. I would recommend a game that you don't expect to be competitive so that you aren't disappointed if he loses interest. He will probably be more impressed by the surroundings than the game itself at that age. I would recommend Tiger Walk and being in your seats early to see them run down the hill. If you have friends who tailgate with a television, it is good for a fallback. I took two that were just a hair older for the Louisville game with Lamar Jackson and was very glad not to miss too much action when their attention span gave out.

Re: Taking the kids to a Clemson football game

Sep 17, 2019, 1:12 PM

Recommend the Wofford game on 11/2 when it cools down. Should be able to pick up lower level seats.

They will love it.

My young son is on the spectrum. Here's how we make it work

Sep 17, 2019, 2:52 PM

Been to a number of games with my son since he was 5 years old. Some items that have worked out great for us.

TLDR: Your kid will LOVE it!!! Just be a bit prepared, and take good headphones if noise is an issue.

1. Find a quieter place to park. Near the library has been perfect for us. We can enjoy some quiet time under trees. Go in the library to read, cool down, use clean bathrooms. Watch the band warm up in the amphitheater. Easy walk to Bowman, downtown or the stadium. Stop by Hendrix for ice cream. Campus store for a little gift or memento.

2. Take lots of breaks. Try to find the Tiger or Tiger Cub on walk to stadium. Take a bunch of pictures to remember the day and remind him throughout the year.

3. Sit down for food or join a more relaxing tailgate spot. Most fans are amazing. We avoid the loud lots blaring speakers.

4. Game time. Don't get to seats too early, but early enough to enjoy a bit of the band and pageantry. Bring a kindle, book or other distraction if focus wanes. You're gonna love celebrating running down the hill, fireworks, and touchdowns.

5. HEADPHONES!!! We don't leave home without 'em. They do a great job of blocking some noise but he can still enjoy the overall crowd, band and fireworks

6. Try to get a seat near the aisle. Take occasional walks to concession stand or around stadium

7. Exit stadium at halftime to burn off some energy and reset. Helpful if friend has tailgate nearby

8. Be prepared to leave early if too overwhelming. We rarely make it to the end of game in seats, but often hang out by concessions or a nice tailgate spot with TV.

You know your son. You'll know when he's starting to get overwhelmed. You'll be a great dad, make some great new memories, and lifelong love of Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My young son is on the spectrum. Here's how we make it work

Sep 17, 2019, 5:37 PM

Great advice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic