Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pagano
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,001

Pagano

Feb 17, 2017, 6:57 PM

I've seen several posts where people have wondered if his leaving means he wants to be closer to family. His mother and two sisters moved to Central two years ago and live about six minutes from Death Valley. His dad is in the Navy and stationed in Virginia but comes home every weekend. It isn't to be closer to family...they are right on his doorstep

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wanting to be seen by the NFL??

Feb 17, 2017, 7:02 PM

Stay at Clemson and get an invite to the combine

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Pagano

Feb 17, 2017, 7:22 PM

I heard they have no plans to move either so not sure what is going on with him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remembered them moving

Feb 17, 2017, 7:24 PM

this is a real head scratcher...why leave a top program

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remembered them moving

Feb 17, 2017, 7:39 PM

> this is a real head scratcher...why leave a top
> program

To start, simple as that. He isn't going to at Clemson because he isn't going to beat out Dexter Lawrence, who's going to be a Top-5 pick in the NFL draft in a year. Keep in mind Pagano plays the 1-tech at Clemson; he wasn't going to beat out the likes of Christian Wilkins at the 3-tech spot. The "under" tackle is about quicks; Pagano was about pure brute strength although he was quite quick for his size.

I think Pagano is an NFL guy himself, as a mid-to-late-rounder...though I think his stock could possibly go up (some) if he gets a year to showcase himself. One thing I did kinda-sorta wonder about Pagano is if his skillset might actually be best-suited for the 0-tech, or a pure nose guard, in a 3-4, a position that didn't exist at Clemson because we're a 4-3 front.

You only get one real chance to make the NFL; you can understand, given that he's graduated and the NCAA says he can now transfer anywhere, why he might choose to give it a go somewhere where he can start and showcase himself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...

Feb 17, 2017, 7:45 PM

The most educated explanation I've seen explaining why he is transferring.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's leaving for more snaps to show the NFL...

Feb 17, 2017, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I remembered them moving ]

And I wish him well, it's been great to have him at Clemson and I'll miss watching him as a Tiger!
Go Tigers!!

I can totally understand that. I can imagine quite a few

Feb 17, 2017, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I remembered them moving ]

other very good, legitimate, honorable reasons why a 21 year old may want to go somewhere else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No kidding. Four years becomes a long time at that age.

Feb 17, 2017, 9:28 PM

Degree. Champ. Bad ###. Why in the world not go to a different college pasture for a year before you turn pro? You don't second go-rounds like this once you start paying taxes.

Good for Scott.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2017, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I remembered them moving ]

Thank you sir. I always look for your insight.

Feb 17, 2017, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I remembered them moving ]

Great point. I could see him as being a highly athletic NT in the right system. The guy is good enough to play in any system, but in the right one he can really shine in my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is pizzed at all the Tnet Samoan comments ...

Feb 17, 2017, 7:46 PM

Thanks yall!!!!

now we need somoan else on the line.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2017, 9:10 PM

Oh, and it goes without saying your information is always spot on and my most trusted source for all things Clemson..

Thanks for what you do!

Feb 17, 2017, 9:21 PM

That doesn't make any of us feel better David! How are we going to quiet the crazies if it isn't for familial reasons?

Bummed!

Feb 17, 2017, 9:31 PM

Just because I loved me some Scott Pagano. Played nasty! Not Wilkins nasty ?? But he was a very good player. It just stinks pulling for these guys and having followed them since their recruitment it is tough to see them transfer. Honestly Scott was a 1a. Not a backup. I understand why he is doing it but man we would have really loved to have him next year.

Feb 17, 2017, 9:33 PM

Wish him the best of luck. Hate to loose him, but we gained so much with him. If he can gain more else where, i am all in for him. Ill never forget the "scuffle" with him and jay. Had some yall tnetters upset! Thats the whole team effort thing. Heck made jay play more nasty afterwards. Go TiGERS!!! cheers to the Flying Hawaiian Rockey Balboa upercuttin tiger!

Mahalo.

Feb 17, 2017, 10:21 PM

I've had this song at the start of my gameday playlist since 2014. The calm before the storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnBKBXtgNVI

Cheers #56 !

Really....what more could he do or hope for...he

Feb 17, 2017, 11:46 PM

is a Clemson graduate with a championship ring and now has a chance to go somewhere and possibly shine. He will always be a part of this great place. Best of luck to a fine young man!

Re: Really....what more could he do or hope for...he

Feb 18, 2017, 12:51 AM

Meh, ditching his bros. if you were good enough to shine and play next level ball, woulda shined here. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic