Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson WR traded for draft pick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson WR traded for draft pick

Apr 26, 2018, 10:21 PM

Former Clemson WR traded for draft pick

Former Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant was traded on night one of the NFL draft Thursday. The Pittsburgh Steelers announced the move late Thursday, sending Bry Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the raiders just stole a very good player.

Apr 26, 2018, 10:28 PM

Good for Martavis too.

Re: I think the raiders just stole a very good player.

Apr 26, 2018, 10:34 PM

They did and Bryant will get more targets too. Steelers were foolish for picking a WR last year.

Please Google Ju Ju Smith Schuster

Apr 27, 2018, 9:37 AM

Also, the Steelers gave up in Martavis because he’s immature and can’t stay on the field.

Perhaps, but

Apr 26, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to I think the raiders just stole a very good player. ]

if you’ve studied the Pittsburgh Steelers, you’ll note that they rarely make frivolous or poor player personnel decisions.

I wish the best for Martavis, but his lack of maturity has been an overall detriment to the Steelers throughout his time there. He’s hurt himself and his team by way of his behavior almost since the moment he was drafted. I also firmly believe that if a culture and organization like the one in Pittsburgh couldn’t rein that in, you can fully expect more of the same or worse from him in Oakland.

In fact all in one transaction this seems like a quintessential Steeler and Oakland move. Steelers have ridded themselves of a talented problem child for a decent pick they’ll likely turn to gold, while the Raiders leaped at the opportunity to pluck a shiny object inheriting the talented problem child that will likely blow up in their face.

Hope I’m wrong. Perhaps this young man will eventually grow up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steelers aren’t any better..

Apr 26, 2018, 11:10 PM

Than most NFL teams.
No doubt MB has room to mature like most young men his age. And when that gap exists, it’s very hard to sit and watch an organization use your past mistakes as leverage to undervalue you. It’s hard to watch other teammates clown around on the field and in the locker room while excuses are made for them. And maybe, though I’ve not been in any of these positions, it’s hard to watch a less talented rookie get the targets you’re more deserving of. And if the coach is more of a rally cat (no disrespect to the ladies) than a role model, as perceived by the disrespect shown by some of his players, then a young man who could stand to mature and in need of a no nonsense head ball coach could get caught in the cross fire. I’m eager to see and hopeful that he he will cash in on this opportunity.

Re: Steelers aren’t any better..

Apr 26, 2018, 11:33 PM

Whether any of us agrees with it or not, Martavis violated the league substance abuse policy at least 4-times. He missed 4-games in 2015 depriving the Steelers of his talent, then the whole 2016 season. Simply characterizing that as having “room to mature like most young men his age” is beyond laughable as are assertions that his further corrosive behavior after being out of the game for a year is somehow justified by virtue that he was disrespected.

Disrespected? Really. He sat out for a year and four games during which his team was in contention, could have used him, needed him. For what? His own selfish, immature impulses. Disrespected? What about the disrespect his teammates felt for not having him there and available? Disrespected. None of what you say is even remotely credible and sounds eerily similar to the childish lash outs coming from him this past season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slow down there Judge

Apr 26, 2018, 11:49 PM

Read a little slower. Mike Tomlin was the one disrespected... by players other than MB if you have been keeping up with the league.
No excuses for violating the substance abuse policy. The lack of maturation is evidenced by the way MB handled things upon his return and lack of targets. And I am in no need of anyone to substantiate my credibility as if the posts on our beloved tnet were anything more than opinions. Even if mine is better

Re: Perhaps, but

Apr 27, 2018, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Perhaps, but ]

Perfectly stated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.mtv.com/onair/two_a_days/assets/season_2/images/flipbooks/episodes/finale/fb_10.jpg

WRU taking over the West Coast

Apr 26, 2018, 10:56 PM

We’ll have to stay up to see Sammy, Mike and MB!

Re: WRU taking over the West Coast

Apr 27, 2018, 1:08 AM

Kansas City is in the midwest just FYI.

I think a key detail here is the fact the Raiders are moving

Apr 27, 2018, 5:55 AM

to Vegas....I get all the distractions of being in 'Sin City' (I'm stationed there....tough gig), but that's where MB went for rehab, and my guess is a large portion of his support network may still be there...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Martavis in vegas?? Pray for this man.

Apr 27, 2018, 8:28 AM

and yes I know they're not in vegas this year but the following i think they will be... they won't be in Oakland next year (2019)

Well

Apr 27, 2018, 8:39 AM

He'll be at home, since that's where he was living when he was suspended.

Maybe being in familiar surroundings will help him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/martavis-bryant-coach-high-school-football-nfl-suspension-las-vegas/m2u3kubji05h1fph9vlqmizz9

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

CAM needed WR help taller than 6'-0". Martavis would've

Apr 27, 2018, 8:31 AM

been nice to see in a Panther helmet and give some reason for Clemson fans to go to Panther games. Instead...nope. They get DJ Moore who's another 5'-11" wide receiver in the draft.

Re: CAM needed WR help taller than 6'-0". Martavis would've

Apr 27, 2018, 8:40 AM

Lol the panthers needed a slot guy and so they get the best guy in the draft and you still complain. Would love to see any clemson receiver play for the panthers but if you are going to complain make it legit

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CAM needed WR help taller than 6'-0". Martavis would've

Apr 27, 2018, 9:28 AM

Ridley will be better than Moore in the NFL. So I'm not sure the Panthers took the best guy? McCaffery fills that slot receiver pretty well when he slips out.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic