Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WoW..Saban got real snarky at reporters after practice concerning not playing Tua vs Citadel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

WoW..Saban got real snarky at reporters after practice concerning not playing Tua vs Citadel

Nov 12, 2018, 7:35 PM

and said Tua would play (some?) since not playing him would be disrespectful to the Bulldogs!

Oh, how much more a fun AND still winning Head Coach DaBO is!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Cole play the whole SC State game one year

Nov 12, 2018, 7:37 PM

because Boyd was hurt?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't Cole play the whole SC State game one year

Nov 12, 2018, 7:41 PM

Deshaun also played against Scar with a torn ACL because Cole was so bad

And then Cole played out of his mind

Nov 12, 2018, 7:45 PM

against Oklahoma and shut you right up.

Re: And then Cole played out of his mind

Nov 12, 2018, 7:53 PM

I don’t miss him or those days one bit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And then Cole played out of his mind

Nov 12, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to And then Cole played out of his mind ]

I don’t miss him or those days one bit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep ,Elliott/Scott/Streeter got more out of Cole in

Nov 12, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to And then Cole played out of his mind ]

one game than Chad did in 4 years.

One has nothing to do with the other

Nov 12, 2018, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't Cole play the whole SC State game one year ]

Tua playing this week could be put out of the playoff.

Nov 12, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't Cole play the whole SC State game one year ]

When an offense or a defense doesn't fit a players skill set, that doesn't make the player a bad player, it only means they didn't fit the system, and that was absolutely the case with Cole Stoudt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 10:36 PM

You can't change the entire offense to fit one player who can't run the system. And those basic route concepts would have never worked over the course of an entire season. I'm glad Cole finally got a win, but many of those plays in that game was Cole throwing a 5 yard route and our WR's turning it in to a 20+ yard gain. And we had the number 1 defense in the country. And the Russell Athletic Bowl isn't exactly a big stage, our guys deserved so much better that year.

There's a reason a true freshmen took that job that year, and it had nothing to do with the system not fitting Cole Stoudt

Nov 12, 2018, 11:17 PM

NFLU said:

You can't change the entire offense to fit one player who can't run the system. And those basic route concepts would have never worked over the course of an entire season. I'm glad Cole finally got a win, but many of those plays in that game was Cole throwing a 5 yard route and our WR's turning it in to a 20+ yard gain. And we had the number 1 defense in the country. And the Russell Athletic Bowl isn't exactly a big stage, our guys deserved so much better that year.

There's a reason a true freshmen took that job that year, and it had nothing to do with the system not fitting Cole Stoudt

While Cole Stoudt certainly played very badly against GA Tech, two of those three losses that year can hardly be blamed on him at all. Cole Stoudt didn’t let Todd Gurley run wild in the 2nd half in Athens, nor was he the reason for the calamity that occurred in Tallahassee. Clemson would have been 11-2 at best that year. 10-3 and 15th in the nation was pretty dang good considering what was lost the year prior. Just my opinion.

Nov 13, 2018, 5:33 AM

I agree that it can't all be placed on him. I just believe that whole off season of "Cole gives us the best chance to win" was idiotic. Deshaun should have been the starter after the UGA game, never should have went to Tallahassee with Cole as the starter. Obviously you can't predict injuries, but Deshaun was obviously the better player

Nov 13, 2018, 11:35 AM

I don't think that you will find a single Clemson fan that would swear they felt that Cole was a better duel threat college QB than DW4 was bc, with the style of offense Chad Morris brought to Clemson, DW4 was absolutely the best choice to run that offense. That is the very reason that Chad all but camped on DW4's front steps while recruiting DW4... That will never erase the fact that Cole was at Clemson before Chad Morris ever become a college coach any where. Cole Stoudt was a victim of the circumstances, and the circumstances being that he was at Clemson when Dabo brought Chad Morris in with an offense that Cole just wasn't suited to run in anyway shape or form!!! Cole was a pro style QB, he wasn't even close to being a Duel threat QB that The Chad's offense demanded for it to work, and The Chad wasn't about to adjust it for Cole when he finally had his hand picked QB at Clemson as a true freshman... Honestly, I think that if DW4 would have come in a year earlier, Chad Morris would have made an attempt to push Tajh Boyd out!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Didn't Cole play the whole SC State game one year ]

Cole was not bad at all. He was an excellent QB.

If you recall that year, we were pretty dismal at the QB spot. Yeah, we had Deshaun, all the lanky, string bean 190 lbs of him. He was excellent, but he was small and he injured easily that year.

And, we had Cole Stoudt, Nick Schuessler (fast but no arm), and Austin McKaskill (who??).

Let me also remind you, when he was healthy, Cole put up some of the most accurate QB numbers in college football. In many ways, he was better than Tajh in terms of being a traditional pocket passer.

Also remember, Cole Stoudt had a serious shoulder injury to his throwing shoulder. The guy was walking around campus in a sling when he wasn't in uniform, and he was getting intramuscular injections with painkillers shot into his arm once per quarter to combat the pain of his shoulder injury which he chose to play through in order to put the team on his back.

In fact, a Clemson equipment manager spoke to the press about what he saw from Stoudt. Stoudt faced being booed by his own fans, he was criticized and torn apart on social media for some of his less than desirable performances, and despite receiving so much hate, he never gave up on Clemson.

Yeah, he tore apart Oklahoma in the Russell Athletic Bowl. Wanna know why? Because he had over 6 weeks to get medical attention and rest. He got healthy, and guess what? He showed us the skills he really had in the bowl game.

I'm tired of these people pushing the narrative that Cole Stoudt sucked. He didn't. He was a good QB who chose to play through a bad injury because he knew he was the last hope Clemson had at a 10 win season and keeping the national championship dream alive. The kid sacrificed so much for Clemson and soldiered on through a serious injury (and even tried to keep his injury a secret), when he didn't have to, in order to make sure CLEMSON was successful.

I'm tired of this "Cole '3-and-out' Stoudt" load of nonsense. If you really think Cole was bad, you're an idiot.

Re: WoW..Saban got real snarky at reporters after practice concerning not playing Tua vs Citadel

Nov 12, 2018, 7:51 PM

It’s a legit question...What’s the citadel going to do if he doesn’t play? Win? But consider the coach and his philosophy about winning at all costs regardless of injury or getting arrested in Louisiana with money, weapons, and drugs. Don’t worry though....the devil always comes to collect.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: WoW..Saban got real snarky at reporters after practice concerning not playing Tua vs Citadel

Nov 12, 2018, 10:54 PM

Yea this ain’t USuC we are discussing here...

Nov 12, 2018, 7:58 PM

He shouldn't play this week. The objective is to win the National Title, not win some 'good person" award from some dumbazz reporters.

Saban was 100% correct***

Nov 12, 2018, 8:00 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I can’t believe that kind of thought process comes from

Nov 12, 2018, 11:08 PM

arguably the best college football coach ever.

The back-up has led your team to the National Championship game twice. It’s not like you’re playing the water boy. If it benefits Bama and Tua to sit, you can sit him without worrying about how Citadel feels about it.

null

I think Saban is doing his best to show...

Nov 12, 2018, 11:25 PM

the Playoff Committee that Tua is good to go. If he can fool them into thinking that he can maintain the #1 seed and avoid facing us in the first round. If he loses to Uga and Tua is down for the season Bama may drop out of the top four. Imo, Bama has a lot riding on this kid due to the Bama defense having dropped off and them not having one of the overpowering running backs of like Scarborough or Henry.

I want Tua healthy, if anyone is going to knock him out I want the perp to be wearing a Tiger Paw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Saban is doing his best to show...

Nov 12, 2018, 11:56 PM

Tua still leading the Heisman race as well. That could play into some of it.

Nov 13, 2018, 5:44 AM

Doesn't matter who they play.

We still kick their a$$.

He was born snarky, LB.

Nov 13, 2018, 7:36 AM

In fact, "Saban" means "snarky little ####" in Croatian.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic