Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I can get into this retro hipster fad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 492

I think I can get into this retro hipster fad

Jun 20, 2017, 7:08 AM

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/entertainment/2017/06/19/arcade-bar-moving-into-space-n-main/408833001/

Greenville will soon have a "barcade." TILT arcade bar will open at 221 N. Main St. in what used to be Pour Lounge later this summer.

"Barcades," which have become increasingly popular in big cities across the country, are bars where patrons also can play classic video games.

On its newly published Facebook page, TILT promises an arcade bar, restaurant and "enough TVs to have a sports bar feel."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I've been to one before, as a double date.

Jun 20, 2017, 8:03 AM

It was good until a dude, who was there with his wife/gf and parents hitting a punching machine, challenged me to try and top his high score.

I politely declined, which was hard to do considering my inebriated state and general competitive, redneck nature. The dude keeps up, along with his parents, wife/gf, along with my wife, my friend, and his wife. So I agreed to give it a shot.

So I beat the guy by a few points, shake his hand and walk away. He does it again and tops my score. I say, "good job man, you're a beast" and walk away. Everybody wants me to try and top his score.

This plays out for about 3 or 4 rounds. Guy makes some sort of backhanded complement about me having more "mass" behind my punch. I tell him that I need to preserve my wrist for jerking off and gracefully bow out.

Then my wife beats me at golden tee. Shame, so much shame.

All in all they are a lot of fun though. Way better than getting schlizzered at Frankie's Fun Park.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I kept waiting for the part when the double date turned into

Jun 20, 2017, 9:07 AM

a wife swap.

Left disappointed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a new fad sweeping Charlotte as well.***

Jun 20, 2017, 8:43 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a glorified Dave and Busters

Jun 20, 2017, 8:51 AM

Probably with similar clientele.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never been to one. Is it full of white

Jun 20, 2017, 10:01 PM

trash?

I've only gone once, but yes, yes it was***

Jun 20, 2017, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've only gone once, but yes, yes it was***

Jun 20, 2017, 10:05 AM

I went to one in Columbus OH. It was all yuppies. #### was too spensive for us reds. Course it was downtown so there's that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've only gone once, but yes, yes it was***

Jun 20, 2017, 10:05 AM

And the beer list was pretty darn good too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gotta go early...took the kids once

Jun 20, 2017, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I've never been to one. Is it full of white ]

and then dropped of LilGUAR#1 last weekend for a birthday 'party'....if you go before 2:30-3ish, you avoid most of the deplorables.

They don't have Spyhunter, so I DGAF about that place.

bring on the Centipede!***

Jun 20, 2017, 11:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to two:

Jun 20, 2017, 12:14 PM

Player One in Orlando and one in Atlanta that I was too drunk to catch the name of.

The Atlanta one was a quarter for a play on each machine and they had Dolly Parton pinball. Who doesn't love staring at Dolly's Partons while pounding the flippers? They also had some sort of bourbon and coffee frozen drink that may have been good, but again, I was too drunk to know.

The Orlando one was a $5 cover and all of the machines were open to free play. They had 30 cabinet games, plus modern consoles at the bar. Pretty fun place. Good beer.

Probably will go to.***

Jun 20, 2017, 12:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 492
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic