Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I respect how Dino is doing things the right way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,342

I respect how Dino is doing things the right way

Sep 16, 2019, 10:17 AM

The culture of "team" and "university" is everything...well, it doesn't hurt to have talent and great coaching too but you get what I mean.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/alma-mater-dino-has-his-work-cut-out.146389/

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to reserve judgement until we see what

Sep 16, 2019, 10:19 AM

TigerSmith '75® has to say about that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I respect how Dino is doing things the right way

Sep 16, 2019, 11:08 AM

Its a good thing for Syracuse that Dino did that. It shows me that he has the right attitude and I believe he will be successful if they give him a chance. He is teaching them to be all in regardless of whether they win or lose. Sort of reminds me of when Dabo took over and made the player go back on the field and run off instead of walking. I think Syracuse has them a good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 11:11 AM

"Force players to return to the field for the alma mater" almost cancels out "allow players to try to take out the opposing team's star players with hits that are really blurring the lines on cheap shots".

I also say that the hit that took Kelly Bryant out of the 2017 game was not a cheap shot, but the repeated and obviously intentional shots to his ankle prior to that were certainly a bit dirty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 11:22 AM

It's fatigue--both mental and physical.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 16, 2019, 11:35 AM

I think Dino is one of the best additions to ACC HC’s. He is a coach who will try to win by doing things the right way. We need more HC’s like him, Justin Fuentes, UVA’s HC Who is building something good at Virginia. I hope Dino can get another 10 wins this year and I hope Fuentes succeeds at VT.

Dabo and his staff have done more to elevate the culture of the ACC in a very positive way. There a several HC’s with a lot of class and integrity. It’s a lesson that the SEC could probably take a lesson from.

What do you guys think of the other ACC HC’s and who would you like to see come over to the ACC?? And do you think Willie Taggart is in over his head, is it the culture Jimbo left behind, does WT need to be fired or does he need to retool his coaching staff or be given time to recruit his players?? Idk what the solution is at FSU?? I would like some feed back on my post.

Would you like to see the ACC revised?? Who would you want in and who would you want out?? I am not sure their program is up to ACC standards but I like Memphis, West Virginia and Penn State as additions and maybe get rid of Wake Forest and force ND to be All In or All Out then maybe get rid of Pittsburgh or BC or both. I would really like your Opinions???

Thank you fellow Tiger-netters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 12:03 PM

Fuentes? You seriously included him in saying "the ACC needs more coaches like..."

Sep 16, 2019, 12:16 PM

That’s why I ask for opinions. What do you think of Fuentes CUGRAD90?? And give me your reasons. I am trying to stimulate so dialogue about Clemson , Dabo and the ACC and SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 12:57 PM

VT is a dumpster fire. Almost lost to Furman Saturday. Players hitting the transfer portal like sailors on leave hitting a cheap... Recruiting is awful. Rumors out of Blacksburg that Bud Foster is retiring because he doesn't want to coach for Fuente any more than players want to play for him.

Why does everyone seem to want to kick Wake to the curb?

Sep 16, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I respect how Dino is doing things the right way ]

I like the conference as it is. The Notre Dame relationship is weird, but I am ok with the permanent members, and see no need to expel, or add, anyone. We have won 4 straight conference titles and 2 of the last 3 national titles. Why do we need to change anything?

One of my earliest memories of Clemson football was the Wake game in 1981. Wake has had periods of success in football and basketball, and was a powerhouse in golf for years (haven't followed them recently). They are a good academic school, a long standing conference member, and are solidly within the ACC footprint. What am I missing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,342
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic