Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I remember my first two Med/IO cruises back in 85 and 86
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,082

I remember my first two Med/IO cruises back in 85 and 86

Aug 12, 2018, 1:42 PM

On the Aircraft Carrier Saratoga. Myself and a few tiger fans, I found aboard the the ship, eagerly awaited news clippings from The State or Post and Courier to find out the details of the games. Sometimes a C-2 would bring in 3-4 weeks of mail at a time ... I would read through the game excerpts and box scores eagerly to see what the team and players had done. How many yards rushing/passing, interceptions/pass breakups or sacks. I would try to imagine the “Running down the hill, The Crowd, Danny Ford with chewing Tabbaco and that scowel on his face with a brief smile after a victory.

I would read these over and over until the next arrived. They were cherished and brought me back home for a brief while.

I thank my parents for those clippings, which they never failed to send me, with letters of the events going on back home. For that 18-19 year old kid, it meant the world to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember my first two Med/IO cruises back in 85 and 86

Aug 12, 2018, 2:30 PM

Unfortunately, both of those newspapers are coot papers and you had to look to find the Clemson articles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious Question!

Aug 12, 2018, 3:06 PM

How old are you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,082
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic