Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I remember, just a few years ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 3,050

I remember, just a few years ago

Aug 9, 2019, 10:41 AM

thinking that if we could just win a national championship or two that our fan base, especially those on the tnets, would become a lot less sensitive to what the media says or thinks. I either overestimated what our fans are capable of, or I underestimated the media's capabilities to needle Clemson fans just to get clicks, likes, views, attention, re-tweets or whatever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Not sure some of these morans on T-Net are indicative of our

Aug 9, 2019, 11:02 AM

fan base as a hole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You mean we are all really just an army of

Aug 9, 2019, 11:18 AM

coachmac s ?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

as "a hole"?***

Aug 9, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Not sure some of these morans on T-Net are indicative of our ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

RA'd for trying to get around the language filter.

Aug 9, 2019, 11:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Don't be an as a hole***

Aug 9, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to as "a hole"?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok

Aug 9, 2019, 12:17 PM

Re: as "a hole"?***

Aug 9, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to as "a hole"?*** ]

I think he meant ice hole;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8tVxk6Nj4

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fact, many of them aren't even OUR fans.***

Aug 9, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Not sure some of these morans on T-Net are indicative of our ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean they're not alums right? As in not true fans***

Aug 9, 2019, 12:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^can of worms opener.***

Aug 9, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Not sure some of these morans on T-Net are indicative of our ]

Re: I remember, just a few years ago

Aug 9, 2019, 11:20 AM

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot. Or something like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Does it even matter? Anything the sports "media" says about

Aug 9, 2019, 11:34 AM

Clemson gets posted here and discussed ad nauseam. Paul Finebaum said this, Joel Klatt said that, ESecPN hates us and so on.

I will say that lightbulbbill® stoked the fires for a while posting daily Finebaum updates until so many here got worked into a frenzy. I can't imagine why anyone gives a shyatt about what PF thinks or says. He has an SEC show, so why is anyone surprised he caters to the SEC? It's the equivalent of being surprised that Sean Hannity caters to conservatives or Don Lemon caters to liberals. It's his job.

We are the number 1 team, we are in the spotlight. People need to get used to it.

Re: Does it even matter? Anything the sports "media" says about

Aug 9, 2019, 11:41 AM

the more the media talks about Clemson the more our name is out there. Free advertisement. Most smart individuals should/will know the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just to rile you up a little..

Aug 9, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Does it even matter? Anything the sports "media" says about ]

By the same token, are we supposed to care what you think about all of it? :)

I don't know, do you care about whether we

Aug 9, 2019, 2:01 PM

elect to play defense first if we win the coin toss?

I've always been one to defer. but with the youth of the defense i

Aug 9, 2019, 2:02 PM

would prefer if we go with offense first for a few games at least.

So you prefer that we DON'T elect to play defense first?

Aug 9, 2019, 2:04 PM

Got it

I knew this was going to happen.

Aug 9, 2019, 2:05 PM

Re: Just to rile you up a little..

Aug 9, 2019, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Just to rile you up a little.. ]

It's a discussion board, caring is not a requisite. BTW, would you care to know, I f_____ hate gd face emojis, smiley or otherwise

You were right..

Aug 9, 2019, 12:56 PM

Just got a new set of bandwagoneers on tnet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm guessing you're referring to people like

Aug 9, 2019, 1:00 PM

classof1994® who just signed up in 2017? I wouldn't worry, eventually when Clemson loses a game, which won't be for several years, those bandwaggoners will jump ship and root for someone else.

As a Duke/UNC/Kansas basketball fan...

Aug 9, 2019, 1:17 PM

I know all about band-wagoners.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I'm guessing you're referring to people like

Aug 9, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to I'm guessing you're referring to people like ]

You'll be losing points soon***

Aug 9, 2019, 1:50 PM

Re: You'll be losing points soon***

Aug 9, 2019, 5:00 PM

same thing happened to me when I hit 100k points, Crump took half of them over some petty nonsense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like my proctologist***

Aug 9, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing you're referring to people like ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Looks like my proctologist***

Aug 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

Don't be gross***

Aug 9, 2019, 4:50 PM

Aug 9, 2019, 1:14 PM

The media is evil.

And so is the liver, it must be punished.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, but I prefer punishing the liver with

Aug 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

good IPAs and expensive bourbons

Aug 9, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I remember, just a few years ago ]

The lights help me stay in a 42 waist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 4:58 PM

That and having your pizza cut in only six pieces!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll be honest. Before the Tigers started competing in and

Aug 9, 2019, 1:28 PM

winning these CFP and national championship games, I had never heard of Paul Finebaum.

I was fine before and even more fine now. Let them eat cake.

It has more to do with the incessant whining about

Aug 9, 2019, 1:36 PM

everything PF says and less about PF himself.

Why do you keep calling out

Aug 9, 2019, 1:37 PM

TigerNet News ?

#internetbully

I'm hoping Tony hits Crump with a 2X4 again***

Aug 9, 2019, 1:40 PM

Yeah I agree with that. I does amaze me a bit that

Aug 9, 2019, 1:45 PM [ in reply to It has more to do with the incessant whining about ]

He has been promoted to such prominence on TV.

I guess because he’s such a homer and flip/flop that it’s good for controversy and clicks these days.

Exactly! And tnet is a perfect example of generating an

Aug 9, 2019, 1:48 PM

abundance of clicks and views for his program. Then multiply that across every SEC school that hangs on his every word. He captures the attention of a huge percentage of college football fans by discussing teams in the southeast.

Pretty clear he plays the part and is a revenue generator.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:58 PM

All the more reason to pay him no attention imo. If he had no market for his crap he would go away.

is it being "sensitive" if I laugh at Paul and think he's an idiot?***

Aug 9, 2019, 1:48 PM

Absolutely not. Only if he hurts your feelings and you

Aug 9, 2019, 1:49 PM

whine about it on the Tiger Board(s)

Cool. So I can call him an idiot and call out just

Aug 9, 2019, 1:56 PM

how freakin dumb his comments are, without ramifications or being termed a whiner?

Re: Cool. So I can call him an idiot and call out just***

Aug 9, 2019, 2:03 PM

Yes Stanley, you'd be a whiner in that case. Hth***

Aug 9, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Cool. So I can call him an idiot and call out just ]

Anyone ever call you a genius?

Aug 9, 2019, 3:38 PM

Now you know why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, every day***

Aug 9, 2019, 3:41 PM

Re: Yes, every day***

Aug 9, 2019, 5:17 PM

No one can sustain a daily multi hour radio show talking about Vanderbilt or Boston College, you have to talk about the major programs with the most passionate fan bases and you have to constantly talk about new stuff. You couldn’t do it, I couldn’t do it, our show would be cancelled in 5 minutes if we droned on about wake forest. If any of us had a radio show that we wanted to prosper, we would have to do the same thing Finebaum is doing, or we’d be out of a job in 2 seconds, just the way life works. I’m not a big fan, but he doesn’t bother me in the least.

So you and Bob still live together.

Aug 9, 2019, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Yes, every day*** ]

Must be nice to have somebody to cuddle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 8:01 PM

I am hoping it's the influx of the new front running types, but maybe it goes back to the way Danny left. I believe it left a huge chip on many fan's shoulders. I know it did for my parents as fans. Furthermore, I think this line of thought was passed on to many fans, directly by association, much like picking up a northern accent from a move to the north.(or Florida)

Replies: 49
| visibility 3,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic