Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I re-watched the ND beatdown, and noticed something
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I re-watched the ND beatdown, and noticed something

Jan 18, 2019, 8:59 AM

interesting, but not really sure if this is CBV's genius or just coincidence.

Late in the game, CBV subbed a lot of guys while ND was deep in their own field. But as ND approached our red zone, the 1's all came back into the game and shut ND down for no score. I have to wonder if CBV chose this plan to allow the subs to get PT, while preventing ND from scoring? It almost seemed obvious as to what he was doing, but I might have guessed wrong and it just worked out that way.

Any thoughts on whether this is his master plan, or just happenstance?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all part of the plan.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:00 AM

This is why BV is the BEST in the bidness.

Snowflake Basher........Out

That Nolan Turner INT was a thing of beauty***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I re-watched the ND beatdown, and noticed something

Jan 18, 2019, 9:05 AM

I noticed he did that several times this season. Sometimes it was when the game was in hand and I figured he just didn't want us to get scored on.

Honestly when you look at the stats against Alabama I can't help but wonder did he almost intend to let them have the space between the 20's? He knew their kicker was trash and he knew we could defend the red zone extremely well. Plus between that and rotating players it kept our defense fresh. He also knew that even if they managed to score on several of their possessions we had the offense to win a shoot out.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:02 AM

Against Bama his strategy was to keep everything in front of them. Except for that first pass to Jeudy, we did a great job of that. In order to do that we had to give them a lot of the underneath stuff and be a little softer on the run. It was a perfect plan. The bottom line is that we were just better than them and like a lot of bullies, when they got hit in the mouth, they did not know how to react.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brent Veneables is playing chess and everyone else is playin

Jan 18, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I re-watched the ND beatdown, and noticed something ]

checkers

$1 to Al Groh, the master of the white meat

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 10:12 AM

I relate this to our offense letting Feaster or Choice start a drive where we plan to run the ball and then bringing in ETN after the other guy has gotten 4-5 carries.

This allowed ETN to be fresh to finish the drive when yards get tougher in the red zone.

We did this throughout the season. It kept Travis fresh and allowed us to get 7 instead of 3 a lot of times.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:05 AM

All I know, and the house coots ain't gonna like this, but all those holes the coots exploited after the game was already decided was just a setup to give our CFP opponents things to try to copycat that wouldn't work. It worked for us too, with ND throwing 1 int and bama 2 int's.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic