Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prepping for Notre Dame..............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Prepping for Notre Dame..............

Dec 3, 2018, 7:46 PM

I don’t think you can wait until just one week before the game to start prepping for Alabama or Oklahoma. Much like we practice a little each week for facing Ga. Tech’s offense, I feel we are probably prepping for all three opponents we may face. Maybe 50% of our time in practice is devoted to ND and then 25% each to Alabama and Oklahoma.

Any of you football players out there know if this is how it’s done?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prepping for Notre Dame..............

Dec 3, 2018, 7:50 PM

10% Notre dame, 10% Okies, 80% Alabama

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One game season.

Dec 3, 2018, 7:53 PM

Yes, film watched and analysis but you know Dabo's mind set. Only game that matters! Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I played tennis at a high level....

Dec 3, 2018, 8:02 PM

I was aware of every possible player on my schedule and their tendencies. But I never planned for them until I knew for certain I was playing them. Then I'd dig in and learn their intricate habits and tells. I would think football is similar. They know enough about Bama and OU now, but won't dig in until they win against ND. THE most important opponent on any schedule is the next opponent. Period. That isn't coach speak. That's the art of war at its core.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I played tennis at a high level....

Dec 3, 2018, 8:16 PM

Thanks for the insight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I played tennis at a high level....

Dec 3, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to I played tennis at a high level.... ]

Here! Here!
I think the one thing I would expect is tweaking existing plays and adding a few new ones to throw off the opponents expectations. Shuffle Pass up the middle to ETN, etc... New formation with Jumbo Package. TL throwing to receiver behind the line, then receiver throwing back to TL(the speedster) on his way down the sideline.

Staffers are working on all three

Dec 3, 2018, 8:16 PM

The team will be 100% focused on ND. When ND is behind us, the staff will be already transitioned to "next."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Staffers are working on all three

Dec 3, 2018, 8:17 PM

Thanks

I am prepping equally for ND and Bama now

Dec 3, 2018, 9:42 PM

nm

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic