Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many of you are afraid of CDS leaving any time soon?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,312

How many of you are afraid of CDS leaving any time soon?

Oct 31, 2018, 8:56 PM

Maybe this will help...

“I know there are questions. There have been jobs that have been offered to me that nobody knows and that's great because that is how I operate,” he said. “But then you get stuff like this where people will throw your name out for things and it's fun to speculate and people don't mean any ill will, but my complete focus is on Clemson and I hope I am here for a long, long, long, time. I am trying to beat Louisville.”
Coach Dabo Swinney

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm more afraid of Moosecramps leaving...

Oct 31, 2018, 8:57 PM

...This 4-peat to 20-peat needs to keep going....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many of you are afraid of CDS leaving any time soon?

Oct 31, 2018, 9:01 PM

When Bama comes calling, be prepared to dig deep in the bank account. Until then, we have no worries. Dabo is not going to the NFL. His greatest strengths in college coaching would be his downfall in the league.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 9:06 PM

I think Dabo will be harder to draw away from Clemson than people think, even if it’s Bama calling. Just my opinion

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol***

Oct 31, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: How many of you are afraid of CDS leaving any time soon? ]

I think he will retire at Clemson and become AD ...

Oct 31, 2018, 9:02 PM

Dabo is an ideal college head coach, and he has the savvy to be a great AD down the road if he chose to.

I honestly believe he would be an abject failure as an NFL coach and that he would find the experience miserable.

All the NFL can offer him is more money.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he will retire at Clemson and become AD ...

Oct 31, 2018, 9:06 PM

He would be a great AD

Oct 31, 2018, 9:11 PM

Not one bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know he is human and there is temptation for a new challenge , but

Oct 31, 2018, 9:12 PM

He would have to be out of his mind to leave this area. He is set for life. He could name his successor and be the AD of CU and probably win championships in all kinds of sports. And be a legend forever or at least until he is doesnt care anymore. Thats all. GO TIGERS@

I mean Danny Ford is still here and has a hemp farm

Oct 31, 2018, 9:13 PM

Dabo will retire and assume his chosen admin role

Oct 31, 2018, 9:25 PM [ in reply to I know he is human and there is temptation for a new challenge , but ]

At Clemson when Christian Wilkins is finished in the league and ready to be the head coach.

Oct 31, 2018, 11:03 PM

Maybe this will help...

“I know there are questions. There have been jobs that have been offered to me that nobody knows and that's great because that is how I operate,” he said. “But then you get stuff like this where people will throw your name out for things and it's fun to speculate and people don't mean any ill will, but my complete focus is on Clemson and I hope I am here for a long, long, long, time. I am trying to beat Louisville.”
Coach Dabo Swinney

It amazes me how little some of you know Dabo. He is going nowhere. Bet me!

Money is way down the list of priorities for him.

He is as loyal as they get.

He is a family man and his family, both at home and his players are most important.

Again, bet me

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 11:04 PM

Maybe this will help...

Coach Dabo Swinney

It amazes me how little some of you know Dabo. He is going nowhere. Bet me!

Money is way down the list of priorities for him.

He is as loyal as they get.

He is a family man and his family, both at home and his players are most important.

Again, bet me

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm more afraid of Boom leaving (fired)..we want him to stay***

Oct 31, 2018, 11:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 11:27 PM

The only thing I’m worried about is having to deal with all of the Dabo going Bama posts in the off season...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Dabo stays for another 20 years.

Oct 31, 2018, 11:42 PM

A 30 year career sounds nice. By then, I hope we have about 12 National Championships total.

By then, I would hope to see Jeff Scott as head coach and Hunter Renfrow as either the WR coach, or as the OC. Christian Wilkins would be DC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope Dabo stays for another 20 years.

Nov 1, 2018, 7:40 AM

When Saban retires, Dabo will be offered the most money ever paid to a college coach to come there, it will be hard for him to turn down. A lot of Bama fans & boosters don't like Saban, could you imagine Bama with Dabo coaching, a super "Roll Tide".

Nov 1, 2018, 7:45 AM

No, it will be easy for him to turn it down. Money is not the issue here. He has built THIS and he will stay till the end of his career. That's my guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 7:57 AM

Dabo is in the “promise land” now. He is content and building his road warriors and taking names. He is beating all of The Who’s who of college football. However, that is not as near as important as developing fine young men that go out into the world and bloom where they are planted. That is really his goal I think and he is doing that at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope Dabo stays for another 20 years. ]

Dabo knows very well what he would have to do to appease Alabama boosters. He’s not going there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo isn’t going anywhere. The only thing I can see

Nov 1, 2018, 7:56 AM

changing that is if we get a “Ford” situation where we get a new administrator that is not aligned with Dabo (and even then, I think that administration would get run out of town...Dabo runs a clean program and graduates his players), or if college football changes to where it is a pro league. He has said before he’s not interested in being a part of that.

I’m not saying he would leave under those conditions, but they are the only reasons I think he would leave. Otherwise, I see a loooong career as the head coach of Clemson while he grooms replacement(s), becomes AD, creates a culture like the football program across all programs and elevates all athletics at Clemson.

null

Nov 1, 2018, 7:57 AM

The longer he stays, the less likely he ever leaves.

It's usually the...

Nov 1, 2018, 8:56 AM

same people who are afraid the sky or all the knives and forks in the world will fall on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post shows us who we are....and are not

Nov 1, 2018, 9:10 AM

We chant we want Bama and have 5,000 threads on how we want to play and beat them b/c we are their equal. Then we pray to Dabo that he wont leave us for them. How many Bama fans are worried about Saban leaving them for Clemson?

We are a great program, but Bama we are not. We still lose sleep over their AD calling our coach, dont we??? Why is that if we are equals like we say we are??

It may just be me, I dont think CDS could replicate the success he has had here. You go to a bigger town, you get bigger media and more media. That is something that he certainly does not want. Here in Clemson, he knows every reporter by name and they best not write an article he wouldnt approve of. Saban has won 6x more Rings than Dabo and still gets the bash articles. Saban handles them the best he can given his unmatched track record. Dabo doesnt have 6 rings and also has rabbit ears. I think he stays with us where he has totalitarian control over everything.

Retires from Clemson and then moves to AD or runs for office

Nov 1, 2018, 10:24 AM

U.S. Rep. William Swinney could definitely happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic