Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I may regret making this statement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I may regret making this statement

Dec 7, 2018, 10:24 AM

But as I analyze the upcoming game in Dallas with the Irish I can see a butt kicking unlike anything the CFP has ever seen before. My team is just to strong on either side of the ball to allow ND to ever be in this game. Coach V will certainly focus on limiting their hotshot QB to a few plays and there isn’t any way the “Domers” can stop Lawrence, ETN and the receivers. Unless our guys turn the ball over and play without discipline this game will be a laugher.
Now I’ve said it. Let’s go do it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I may regret making this statement

Dec 7, 2018, 10:30 AM

The way BV felt after the state championship game and basically a month to prepare for the Irish, the secondary will come too make a statement. The leadership on that side of the ball is just outstanding.
Make no mistake the Irish will have they’re moments. Ian Book is a tough kid. But BV is so good at correcting and adjusting. Should be fun to watch.

Dec 7, 2018, 10:33 AM

I think we’ll win by 2 scores, esp in the fourth quarter when their lack of depth will show but if we watch A&M and Syracuse game that’s gives the best comparison to Book.

Our secondary needs to be ready, disciplined on their assignments until the whistle is blown don’t drop coverage because it looks like the qb is gonna run. They’ll dink and dunk us for 8 yards all night. Book can scramble and makes things happen outside the pocket.

We need to get these calls and adjustments out faster so they have the time to read and adjust before the ball is snapped.

Dec 7, 2018, 10:36 AM

The guys up front can take control of this game and I expect them to do just that. Book will have a hard time throwing when he’s sitting on his ####!

Dec 7, 2018, 10:41 AM

We just need to keep on their receivers and TE close. I recall Mond throwing to Rodgers(blond dreads)on us left and right as he scrambled.

This will be a very similar game with their tall receivers and that big TE.

Dec 7, 2018, 10:41 AM

Why do you see a "butt kicking " when the line is less than 2 tds. I expect Clemson to win, but we have had a few close games this season, and I expect this one to be close as well.

Dec 7, 2018, 10:50 AM

I said I may regret the statement!!! I just believe that when the Tigers really get it going they can overwhelm any team .... including the Irish. What was the line on the bowl games with Oklahoma and Ohio State? The Tigers covered those very easily.

The game is weeks away. Anything can happen. I know of no other team with the depth of the Tigers... and it will show.

we had 2 close games

Dec 7, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I may regret making this statement ]

Texas A&M on the road in a hostile environment and a pretty heroic game by Kellan Mond. Not to mention not knowing what A&M would throw at us offensively. The week before they ran for over 400 yards. Jimbo coached a good game and their receivers had excellent games.

The other game was an emotional game week against Syracuse. We had KB transfer midweek, and if I remember correctly CJ Fuller passed away. Those were games 2 and 4.

most all the other games were 20 point wins. Not sure we win by 20 against ND, but we have the depth to really put a hurting on them.

I for one think it'll be a good game up until the 4th and then we should see our Depth take over.

Dec 7, 2018, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I may regret making this statement ]

Two close games - TA&M (2nd game and Monde played out of his mind) and Syracuse (TL went down and all the rest). No other games were close. If the Tiger D puts pressure on Book, continues to knock him down and doesn't let him get outside the Tackles, it is a long bad night for ND. The DEs need to contain and DTs and LBs plug the middle.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 10:44 AM

I think that ND may be able to move the ball some between the 20's as they have good receivers and a good short passing game. I always worry about slants over the middle as we have had a hard time defending those as long as I can remember. I'm not too concerned about them beating us over the top, as I think we can get some pressure on Book, but it has to be better than the Scar game. I don't expect that their running game will hurt us unless it is after they have had a lot of success throwing the ball, which I don't expect.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 11:07 AM

I see 2 scores. No doubt our secondary comes to play but, you dont fix those coverage issues in 4 weeks.

Then again, BV has proven me wrong many times, so I have faith we kick the crap out of those golden turds.

Dec 7, 2018, 11:10 AM

If we have problems matching up athletically then you can't fix those coverage issues in 4 weeks.

If it was really as simple as Venables and could be attributed to poor alignment and technique that were mental lapses then it can be fixed in 4 weeks and maybe even 4 days.

I think it's a combination of the 2 and I expect ND to be as good as any passing offense we have seen to this point.

It seems their RB is having a good season so this may be the most balanced offense we have faced this year as well. It remains to be seen.

Dec 7, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I may regret making this statement ]

Night and day difference between the Usuck game and Pitt regarding passing stats. I realize Pitt is a poor passing team but .... 8 yards! I still believe it was a communication problem between the sidelines and the players and that can be fixed

Dec 7, 2018, 11:10 AM

I think we win, but I do think it will be close.

Dec 7, 2018, 1:39 PM

If the qb has time they will be a mismatch against our DB's. They do not have burners at WR but they have some tall guys that can make plays. I see this one being a 24 to 14 type of game. Our offense struggled against Pitt. Look at the first half stats and take away ETN's 75 yard run and we did very little in that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 1:42 PM

I hope we throw the ball over the middle a little more.

Dec 7, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I may regret making this statement ]

ND's offense struggled a lot more against Pitt's D than we did only scoring 19. And no, that was not Book's first game as a starter.
On the other side, I believe there are many more offensive plays coming that were not used at all or rarely during the season.

Message was edited by: saddis56

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: I may regret making this statement ]

We'll put up between 34 and 45 points on ND . What will they do ? Against our defensive front ? I suspect there won't be much doubt by mid to late 3rd quarter .
I got the Tigers winning 38-17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I like your thoughts! Optimism is highly underrated***

Dec 7, 2018, 3:02 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I like your thoughts! Optimism is highly underrated***

Dec 7, 2018, 4:40 PM

Our season strategy is getting better for the play-offs. We play many and rest legs. Not so much with other teams.

Dec 7, 2018, 4:41 PM

Prediction: TL keeps the ball and takes it to the house.

Dec 8, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I like your thoughts! Optimism is highly underrated*** ]

Exactly

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic