Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I dread playing this game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

I dread playing this game.

Nov 20, 2018, 3:48 PM

It's a meaningless game that's basically relief if you win and awful if you lose.

I know I probably have the wrong attitude, but nobody cares if you win because, obviously, Clemson should always win. But if you ever happen to lose it, it's just sucks so bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I dread playing this game.

Nov 20, 2018, 3:53 PM

I agree. It isn’t a game I enjoy.

Nov 20, 2018, 3:56 PM

You ladies take some midol and lighten up.

Oh, you did it now

Nov 20, 2018, 6:43 PM

I guess you didn't get the memo. That's apparently offensive to lady tnetters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nov 20, 2018, 3:55 PM

SMFH. THE BEST AND MOST FUN GAME OF THE YEAR, BAR NONE. ESPECIALLY THESE DAYS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I approach this game like Furman, Wofford or Coastal...

Nov 20, 2018, 3:59 PM

You know Clemson is going to win but there are a couple of significantly more important games down the road, so you just hope to get through this one without any significant injuries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

In 2014, TCU beat Iowa St 55-3 in their final game and

Nov 20, 2018, 4:18 PM

dropped from #3 to #6 and out of the playoffs. Playing a POS SEC team *can* hurt us no matter how many points we score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^ Follows football. Know the drill

Nov 21, 2018, 3:54 PM [ in reply to I approach this game like Furman, Wofford or Coastal... ]

3 1/2 hours after kickoff everyone in attendance will be saying the same thing.

" see, I told you it was going to be a butt whipping "

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 3:59 PM

"meaningless" except that it will derail our whole season and lose state bragging rights? It has probably some of the most meaning out of any game we play.

Nah, as long as we beat Pitt, we're in the playoff.

Nov 20, 2018, 4:13 PM

But it would suck to lose.

Re: Nah, as long as we beat Pitt, we're in the playoff.

Nov 21, 2018, 3:09 PM

I sure wouldn't bet on that! If we lose to Usuc, then beat Pitt, we better hope OK, ND or MIch lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would not be in if we lost

Nov 21, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Nah, as long as we beat Pitt, we're in the playoff. ]

It would be a terrible loss and Pitt, I doubt, would get us in over a one loss OU or WSU if they win their conferences as well

So this game means everything

Clemson

Nov 20, 2018, 4:04 PM

Basically the same as playing UCF or any other group of 5 team. You get no credit for winning, but if you lose, it looks really bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost a Catch-22

Nov 20, 2018, 4:13 PM

..the last couple years.

Winning against them only seems like "winning" if we win by AT LEAST 20.

Granted, I'll be the first to say a W is W, even if that's a 1-point win.

But we all know that we will feel a tad disapointed with a close win, and that the Chicken fanbase will treat it like a win if the game is anywhere within reach for them.

That said, Go Tigers! Win, and win big.

Re: Almost a Catch-22

Nov 20, 2018, 6:10 PM

I disagree, and I'm only saying that because when tracking Dabo's career at Clemson and even further back, I've noticed that we are now winning games we would have "Clemsoned" even back to 2015. For three solid seasons we are winning games we used to lose (Syracuse at home being the most recent example).

Even winning these games, any games, by just a point...is a win. Think of all the top 25 teams right now with a loss or two by 3 points or less who would give their left testikle to get that loss back.

That's what impresses me most about our trajectory. Such a glorious time to be a Tiger fan. Because believe you me...I've been there through the tough times and never lost the faith.

Re: Almost a Catch-22

Nov 21, 2018, 4:34 PM

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'll be happy with a W regardless, and I know we are a bit spoiled right now as a fanbase.

I just don't want to hear the squawking about how they "kept it close" if they were to actually put up a fight this weekend.

The state of the rivalry is that the c o c k s will be happy as long as it isn't lopsided.

I know what you mean. The dread has been way worse for the

Nov 20, 2018, 4:15 PM

past decade. First, when we had great teams but couldn't seem to beat them with Tajh & Sammy, etc. Then, since we have risen to CFP greatness, the fear of what it would possibly cost us to lose to those coots.

That said, I think we win pretty easily (not a pushover, but not a nailbiter either) Saturday night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll bet you're a riot at parties.***

Nov 20, 2018, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: You must have Tommy Bowden Post Stress Disorder....

Nov 20, 2018, 4:20 PM

have a nice bourbon and chillax. We got this. This is a GREAT time to be a Tiger.

We play our worst game of the year and we still win big. U5C is just awful this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I freely admit I still stuffer from PTBSD***

Nov 21, 2018, 3:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy knew how to beat a stinkin coot. Probably got him

Nov 21, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: You must have Tommy Bowden Post Stress Disorder.... ]

a couple extra years. Dabo knows how important it is. He gonna make a record streak.

Coots, the new white meat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 5:11 PM

What number are you and what position do you play?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Nov 21, 2018, 4:08 PM

Rude! Need to go!

Nov 21, 2018, 5:00 PM

So Bon Qui Qui, you’re a Tiger fan?!

Huge, huge relief if you win. Agony if you lose.***

Nov 20, 2018, 5:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every time I slip into that line of thinking

Nov 20, 2018, 5:56 PM

I remember losing 5 straight to them.

That 5 year stretch made me appreciate and look forward to playing them with the attitude of winning instead of the fear of losing...which was part of our problem in that 5 year stretch.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 5:59 PM

It especially sucks if you live in this s*#%hole known as Columbia, if Coots win. They’re sore losers, but they’re even more obnoxious and classless when they win.

Nov 20, 2018, 6:53 PM

I Love this game, especially in this era!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 6:59 PM

Is this a troll post? I absolutely love destroying that dumpster fire and that dumpster fan base!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't wait for the game. It's like Christmas early.

Nov 20, 2018, 7:32 PM

Wonder how many TDs are going to be "under the tree."

I gave you a TD for Christmas!

Nov 21, 2018, 5:04 PM

well a TU ;)

Re: I dread this game too.

Nov 21, 2018, 4:10 PM

When it's over it will be another year before we can kick their butts in football again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it's freekin awesome when we win***

Nov 21, 2018, 5:01 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic