Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know this will be........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

I know this will be........

Dec 22, 2018, 3:51 PM

If Trump was smart he would have taken the deal for $20 billion for the wall and done the deal with DACA amnesty. I can live with the amnesty and a secure border and no more border jumpers allowed in in LAW. Realty is you will never get them all out, make a deal that gets funding for a secure southern border and allows to integrate those here illegal in to the system. Not criminals but fol;is that are under the radar and living within the laws of the Nation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any compromise would be considered a loss to both parties.

Dec 23, 2018, 1:10 PM

Both parties make political hay over immigration issues neither will negotiate a solution. BTW, show me where a bill hit Trump's desk before you make it his fault that the bill didn't pass. It was stopped in congress by both parties who couldn't vote passage. They leaders would negotiate an agreement then concerns about voter popularity of the bill would end the process.

There needs to be an adult in the room who will tell them to do what's best for immigrants, here and future, and also what's best for the country. Is that too much to ask?

I fear you've fallen victim to a history rewrite.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any compromise would be considered a loss to both parties.

Dec 24, 2018, 4:26 PM

Completely agree that the issue has been politicized to the point where neither side is willing to compromise despite that the most logical solution is comprehensive immigration reform with elements of the solutions that have been proposed by both the right and left.

However, I don't see how we can try to shift the blame to Congress considering that Pence had told Congressional leaders that Trump was willing to sign a CR. It was only after Trump was landblasted by conservative media outlets that he told Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy and the Freedom Caucus leaders that he wouldn't sign the CR that the Senate has passed. The Senate version of the CR would have easily passed in the House if Paul Ryan had tabled the resolution.

If that's not enough reason to pin the shutdown on Trump then let's just refer to his own words the week before when he proudly said that he would own the shutdown personally.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know this will be........

Dec 24, 2018, 9:50 PM

I concur, that is a very reasonable approach. I'm all for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic