Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Intermittent Fasting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 409

Intermittent Fasting

Feb 15, 2019, 12:01 PM

Anybody doing it? What schedule are you using? What type of results have you seen?

Been seeing this a bunch lately. The 16:8 ratio seems fairly easy (eat all your meals between 12p-8p, then no food for next 16 hours). Not sure how to get all the calories in if skipping entire days or only one-meal-a-day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I intermittent fast between the time my beer runs out and I pour me a new one.***

Feb 15, 2019, 12:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same here. Last night beer to morning beer = fasting***

Feb 15, 2019, 12:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m more on the random fasting plan

Feb 15, 2019, 12:05 PM

Only eat when hunger is at a level 3 so sometimes 3 meals a day sometimes only 1.

Level 1 - eat cause it’s time
Level 2 - eat cause you’re bored
Level 3 - eat because you are really hungry

Question here: If this is a plan to drop some pounds

Feb 15, 2019, 12:07 PM

(because from what I have read, it works), then what will happen when you get done with intermittent fasting? You gain the weight back, right? Why not just eat healthier?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after my doc visit and the blood work i gotta get done

Feb 15, 2019, 12:13 PM

the only answer is

work out
eat right
drink less

signed, down 10 lbs in 3 weeks doing only this.

it's not a miracle fix or a secret.

Drink less?

Feb 15, 2019, 12:16 PM

How much less?

For the last 4 weeks, I haven't had any cheese, meat or

Feb 15, 2019, 12:22 PM [ in reply to after my doc visit and the blood work i gotta get done ]

dairy, and only 1 small piece of chicken a few days into starting. Other than that, my diet consisted of salad with very little (if any)( dressing. Only 3 light beers in 4 weeks. a couple days i didn't even eat because i was tired of salad.

I got blood work done for my work wellness thing on Tuesday this week, and my total cholesterol went up 17 points since last year this time. I weighed the exact same, blood pressure slightly went up from 110/72 to 117/75 (but that may have been because I had just walked a fair ways to get to the testing room.)

I know 3.5 weeks is no life changing time frame, but I figured after completely reversing my diet I would have seen some nominal improvement. I wasn't expecting a nose dive into heart attack city.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 3 light beers in 4 weeks?

Feb 15, 2019, 12:24 PM

You are sustaining your nutrition with liquor at least right?

If not, seek medical help immediately.

nah..I broked my kidneys

Feb 15, 2019, 12:30 PM

Too many misspent days of my youth

But are you better off that when you started 3 weeks ago?

Feb 15, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to For the last 4 weeks, I haven't had any cheese, meat or ]

Possibly your results would have been worse had you not started this latest trend. Also, no meat? Fuck that noise.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought about that

Feb 15, 2019, 12:39 PM

but the only thing that changed fro a year ago was my diet 4 weeks ago. Its not like I was eating healthy a year ago and stopped.

The no meat thing is hard becaise I eat out a lot..and meat or chicken is on EVERYTHING.

So I end up going to a deli, or Harris teeter or Whole foods and making a salad.

EVERY. DAY.

OR....and hear me out on this one....

Feb 15, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Question here: If this is a plan to drop some pounds ]

you fly to Russia, commit a crime, get locked up in a Gulag in Siberia for 10 years, and when you come out...voilà!

SKINNY!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question here: If this is a plan to drop some pounds

Feb 15, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Question here: If this is a plan to drop some pounds ]

Probably the most sustainable of all fasting ideas. It’s not really a diet, you just allow your body time to go into ketosis and eat your fat stores for you. Then when you exercise you are pulling direct from what is leftover or your carb stores and not allowing it to effect your fat store.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

waitaminute......

Feb 15, 2019, 12:24 PM

it takes weeks to get your body into ketosis on a ketogenic diet....you're saying you go into ketosis because you skipped the late night bowl of ice cream and breakfast the next day?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: waitaminute......

Feb 15, 2019, 12:32 PM

Correct,but in theory if you cut your carbs to 30g per sitting and also use a fasting method like the 16:8, you can get there quickly. Some people if already exercising, like let’s say a 20-30 mile/:45 minutes of lifting guy goes straight into a fasting diet, yes, they can get there much quicker due to already using up all the carb and fat stores.

It really depends on your fitness level when you start fasting. If you are extremely overweight, yes, you will need significant time to get into ketosis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: waitaminute......

Feb 15, 2019, 12:34 PM

Really though as with it all, it comes back to exercising and not just :30 3/week, but getting off your ### and on the road or in the gym 5 times a week. That’s really what it all comes down to.

This whole exercise + cut carbs sounds like a recipe for

Feb 15, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: waitaminute...... ]

a really tired disaster.

Re: This whole exercise + cut carbs sounds like a recipe for

Feb 15, 2019, 12:41 PM

I have never thought truly cutting carbs out completely is a good idea. However if you are used to just slamming all the carbs and sugars you want. Just simply limiting yourself to 30 a sitting would benefit you a lot.

However, I am lucky I just eat basically whatever twice a day and exercise.

Oh and slam beers.

I've been doing that for at least 40 years

Feb 15, 2019, 12:15 PM

maybe longer.

Thats fasting? Thats just the way I eat.

Re: Intermittent Fasting

Feb 15, 2019, 12:16 PM

16:8 and exercising kicks it into high gear. Your body just starts eating itself (fat stores) and I can basically eat (almost) anything that I want when I do eat.

I kicked Diet Soda and it completely changed my gut flora. I feel 1,000 times better as far as my stomach. Artificial sweeteners hit your gut bacteria and really do make a difference in digestion. I just use Mio now, which can have some sweetness in it, but not nearly the levels of soda.

But I’ve heard that could make you an angry drunk

Feb 15, 2019, 12:19 PM

on the internet.

Re: But I’ve heard that could make you an angry drunk

Feb 15, 2019, 12:20 PM

That’s just after a super hard bender while on the road for work. Then I am hungover in a hotel room just waiting on a flight and feel like picking fights. Ha ha! I have gotten better though.

APM has tried this, but prefers the Eat to Live lifestyle.

Feb 15, 2019, 2:55 PM

Mrs. PAW and I have tried the 16:8 dealy-o. It's OK, but as a lifestyle and something to guide me all the time, I prefer Fuhrman's Eat to Live. Hardcore vegan and honestly, it is hard to maintain, BUT I feel SO much better when I live this way. Just tons of fruits and veggies, few carbs, as little as possible processed anything.

Yes, it keeps me thin, but the real benefit is how good I feel on it.

Now that I am 85% recovered from this creeping crud, I will soon go back on it hardcore. I didn't really stray during the illness other than eating some processed salty crackers because that was the only thing that sounded halfway good to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I felt pretty damm good after I went to Chick Filet

Feb 15, 2019, 2:57 PM

Yesterday for lunch.

I did fruits and nuts for a month. That was probably enough.

Thought about it

Feb 15, 2019, 2:59 PM

then thought about it again. That's it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought about it again and actually googled it

Feb 15, 2019, 3:26 PM

I was always told that skipping breakfast was bad but now this is recommended for the 16/8 method. I can do this, especially now that I've cut back on the hoppy pops. No late night snack (like oreos and a moose cup of milk) and no breakfast. No problem. I'll report back in 1 month.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 409
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic