Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Clemson FB have 5 Total Natties & a Heisman by...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Will Clemson FB have 5 Total Natties & a Heisman by...

Jul 9, 2019, 9:17 PM

2025?

I say YES & hope to be around to experience it!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson FB have 5 Total Natties & a Heisman by...

Jul 9, 2019, 9:22 PM

Clemson had Heisman from 1900-1903. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BigAL...smart!

Jul 9, 2019, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2019, 9:24 PM

I'll take the over on the 5 Natties, and no on the Heisman. With our balance and our depth, I think even Trevor will have trouble putting up "Heisman numbers". I hope I am wrong, but I would be surprised.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure this could be taken the wrong way by someone

Jul 9, 2019, 10:12 PM

but I don't see Trevor in the Heisman House as it's come to be these days. He's a bit of a different stroke, plus we've got some other dudes at QB, in addition to a rushing bonanza, that will certainly get decent time on the field throughout as you refer. Chase will have opportunities much of the season, and Taison will surely see some time in a few games, maybe for decent stretches each, putting that redshirt year to best work, saving one for the post-season.

A cool thing I saw last season was how the coaches were giving Trevor as much time off as possible in 2nd halves as the season and crazy blowouts progressed, then ramped up the game time for him mid-November where he started going the distance, getting him geared up for the upcoming post-season 60-minute slugfests.

It's ridic what's going on up in Tigertown right now. Best DT EVER.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2019, 9:25 PM

Yes. We may have six or seven titles by then. We may also have back to back Heisman winners too. Travis this year and Trevor next year. I do not know how long this ride is going to last but, I am enjoying every snap of it. Go Tigers!

Yes, they’ll have it before U5Cjr fires Muschamp.

Jul 9, 2019, 9:27 PM

Clemson is doing one very important thing better than anyone else in college football and that’s QB recruiting. Streeter is the most undervalued coach on our staff.

Re: Yes, they’ll have it before U5Cjr fires Muschamp.

Jul 9, 2019, 9:36 PM

I agree. I am curious to see if Trevor leaves after three years. He said he wants to win three more titles. I do not know if that was a comment out of the mouth of a freshman or if he meant it. He and Wilkins appeared to be pretty good friends. Wilkins might have gotten into his ear about more to life than money. All I know is this is unbelievable right now.

Jul 9, 2019, 9:48 PM

No way he stays 4 that would be a huge mistake. He’ll be the #1 overall pick and his endorsement income has the potential to eclipse his NFL salary and he’ll receive his team’s franchise tag at his first contract renewal.

No on the franchise tag

Jul 10, 2019, 12:36 AM

Jul 10, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes, they’ll have it before U5Cjr fires Muschamp. ]

Oh yeah the endorsement deals... just think of all the shampoo commercial s lol

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jul 9, 2019, 9:52 PM

2025?

I say YES & hope to be around to experience it!

We gotta get to 4 before 5.
Or 3 in the Dabo era. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

Jul 21, 2021, 6:56 AM

I agree with Toronto. It's easy to think with TL16 and ETN and wr crew that we'll 3peat without much resistance. I've been guilty of this myself. But dw4 got more than just a concussion his freshman year and we wound up in the Russell athletic bowl. Stuff happens. But I am very excited for this season. Can't get here soon enough.

Jul 9, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Clemson FB have 5 Total Natties & a Heisman by... ]

I think that Lawrence will be a shoo in for the Heisman if he stays healthy. The tv talking heads are all impressed with him and rightly so. Dabo will play him enough to allow him to get big numbers this year.

I’m anxious to see how Brice and Phommachanh play in the back up role. That is going to be interesting to follow because they are top notch too. I think.

I'd much rather have a National Championship than a Heisman Trophy...

Jul 10, 2019, 2:53 AM

If I had a choice between 1 National Championship or 10 Heisman Trophies.........

I'd take the 1 Natty in a Heartbeat. Although a Heisman would be a nice addition to the already Stacked Trophy Case. It probably wouldn't be bad on Recruiting either.

"DW4 Would have won 2 Heismans hands down had the voting been after the bowls were over. It wouldn't have been close either after his 2 Spectacular Championship Game performances in 15' & 16'......"

George "Cocaine" Rogers - 1980 Usuuck Heisman Winner

C.J. Spiller wasn't on a great team in 09' (#6) and Travis Ettiene just didn't get the hype in 18' (#6). Ettiene had 26 (24 Rushing) Total TD's last year and 1,736 (1,658 Rushing) total yards & still wasn't invited to NYC?.?.?.?

Like Al Davis said; "Just Win Baby!"

Jul 10, 2019, 5:48 AM

And Travis Ettiene's stats were crazy good last year. He only rushed 204 times for 1,658 yards for an 8.1 yard Average per rushing attempt with 24 Rushing TD's & still added 2 more TD's receiving. Thats a ridiculous/insane Average! That coupled with Dabo and the offensive staff spreading things around, giving most everyone playing time! So it will be very hard for one of the Clemson Football Tigers to win the Heisman Trophy in the near future and I'm ok with that!

"Just Win Baby!" & I mean Win everything!!!

I'd still rather play a Bunch of players and build depth like Dabo has done consistently.
Since the moment Clemson lost to Alabama in the first meeting in the title game bout in Glendale, A.Z (2015 Season). In whats now called "Alabama vs. Clemson Part 1". Our Defense & especially our Special Teams didn't look sharp on in to the 4th quarter that night. They looked a little tired or worn out, but no more of that. Dabo's Teams nowadays look a little Beatable in the early part of the Season, But look Strong and Peak at the right time, from the middle on. When Alabama, Oklahoma, A&M, etc. Come off the field in a blowout, they only play 42-50 players the whole game. When Clemson plays a close Game, They will still play a lot more players than those Teams do in a blowout. In a tight game Clemson' will still play between 56 to 68 players, let alone a blowout, where a lot of times they will play 70-85+ players. Just keep doing what you're doing Coaches. Just keep Building more Depth for the time on a Cool Fall Saturday that we may need it and keep playing all those reserves so they will be prepared when called upon & have next to no drop off the following season.

Here's an Example of the amount of players that played on a 10/16/19 Gameday from 3 different teams that made the playoffs;

#16 N.C. State-7 @ #3 Clemson-41
- 84 Clemson Players Played
- 33 Point Clemson Win

#1 Alabama-58 @ Tennessee-14
- 44 Alabama Players Played
- 44 point Alabama Win

#9 Oklahoma-52 @ TCU-27
-49 Oklahoma Players Played
-25 Point Oklahoma Win

So going with Big Al's take on a Heisman, I'd say yes -

Jul 9, 2019, 10:22 PM

it's likely. Hard to fathom, but true.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 12:14 AM

CLEMSON has beaten the last two of three Heisman winners when they played head-to-head, and CLEMSON beat the team that beat the other Heisman winner. One has to wonder when the entire country will start to realize how ridiculous the current selection committee is. They seem to have their heads up their butt and do not understand the game of football. They should be exposed for the sham that they are.

Jul 10, 2019, 12:41 AM

by the time Lawrence leaves. I said it first.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hoping by 2021.***

Jul 10, 2019, 1:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 7:56 AM

No, because Dabo believes that it's a team game and will play
the backups to get them ready.
National Championships matter much more than milking
for stats for A QB !

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic