Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Daughter just got her acceptance to Clemson!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

My Daughter just got her acceptance to Clemson!!!

Feb 13, 2019, 12:57 PM

Now I have to figure out how to pay for it. The advertised cost for out of state is like $45k/year; is that about right, or is it better/worse?

TIA!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Daughter just got her acceptance to Clemson!!!

Feb 13, 2019, 1:02 PM

You should reach out to Carlsbad®, he may be able to help with the financing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 13, 2019, 1:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 19, 2019, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: My Daughter just got her acceptance to Clemson!!! ]

he must use the same website I do to find college age girls in need of financial assistance.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 1:18 PM

and the road to a bright future and success in every endeavor. Congratulations to your daughter.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 1:21 PM

I have two degrees from Clemson and was blessed to attend in an era I could get in. with requirements now I doubt I would have ever made it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 1:31 PM

I'm with you, don't think I could get in now, the requirements are so high

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations

Feb 13, 2019, 1:26 PM

to you and your daughter!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

I don't know if you've heard, but college is going to be

Feb 13, 2019, 1:29 PM

free soon comrade.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I hope they lower entrance requirements too.

Feb 14, 2019, 12:28 PM

I'd hate to see kids with IQs in the upper double digits like AOC excluded from studying at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 1:32 PM

Multiple that by 4-5 years and I think it will just be cheaper to move instate

You might be right, lol!

Feb 13, 2019, 6:56 PM

Nm

Feb 13, 2019, 1:34 PM

Congratulations!

I hope I get to post this in about 15 years!

In case I'm not alive in 15 years...

Feb 13, 2019, 2:42 PM

I wanna go ahead and say congratulations!!! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to go!***

Feb 13, 2019, 1:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grats!!! But I gotta warn u. 1 building is named Tillman

Feb 13, 2019, 1:50 PM

...and another Calhoun

You sure about this ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 13, 2019, 1:55 PM

Congratulations! I hope has a great experience! Not sure, but $45k for out of state seems high.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 2:18 PM

Congrats to your daughter ! The price sounds about right, actual might be higher, transportation to and from home, pizza and beer, etc. The Tigers share of scholarship money understandably goes to in-state students. Our son loved his visit to Clemson, but after finding out how little scholarship money was offered he took a pass. We could have made it work, but he would have none of it.

Even with scholarships, our contribution, and him working full time, he had to borrow some to go instate. We know a family sending their daughter, now a jr, from out of state (she's never worked a day in her life-SMH). He recons closer to 50k. So a tip of the hat to those who can make it work. The best of luck.

I'm so thankful I was able to attend when it was still cheap.

I had 3 at the same 2. All three went to community college

Feb 13, 2019, 7:02 PM

stayed at home the first two years. They worked and saved and 2 are ChemEs from NC State and the other is Comp Sci from UNCC. Each had some help from the State some help from me all had internships and worked jobs and all had a few grand in loans which is really nothing with the jobs they got. Well the last one isn't done yet, but already has a great internship lined up for next summer.

That was the choice we made. Everyone is really happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they just get a 30 on the ACT they get in-state tuition.

Feb 16, 2019, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: My Daughter just got her acceptance to Clemson!!! ]

Just do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's 32 on the ACT for in-state....***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 2:42 PM

Congratulations!!!! Wishing you all the best!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats***

Feb 13, 2019, 3:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure you are very proud. Congrats!***

Feb 8, 2018, 7:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2019, 7:07 PM

Congrats to you and your daughter - vfral1 ! My daughter went to Clemson and absolutely loved it!! It’s a good thing that she was accepted - because that was the only application she filled out. .... -:). No interest in going anywhere else...,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 16, 2019, 10:38 AM

Many congratulations to her. I wish her all the best in her time there.

What's she studying?***

Feb 14, 2019, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's she studying?***

Feb 16, 2019, 9:14 PM

Business...at the moment. It changes all the time, lol!

Congrats

Feb 17, 2019, 9:56 AM

My son was just accepted as well. He also got into UGA and as much as it pains me he’ll be Athens bound. We live in GA and the scholarship money with the Hope & Zell make it a financial no brained. I’ve got two more younger kids to worry about college as well.

Go Tigers!

Congrats!

Feb 17, 2019, 10:07 AM

Here's some information on the cost: http://www.clemson.edu/admissions/undergraduate/costs-financial-aid.html

Those are current figures. The 2019-2020 costs are expected to increase an average of 15-20%.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Congratulations

Feb 17, 2019, 1:44 PM

and condolences.

Feb 17, 2019, 4:41 PM

Congrats. My daughter is a 2015 graduate. Best wishes and success to your daughter.

This Should Help Save $15K/Year if She Qualifies

Feb 17, 2019, 9:54 PM

Merit Scholarship Opportunities

Non-South Carolina residents with at least a 1320 combined score on the SAT (maximum score of 1600; 800 on Math and 800 on Evidence Based Reading and Writing) or an ACT composite score of 28 or higher (maximum of 36 in 4 separate areas: Math, English, Reading and Science) and students who are ranked in the top 10 percent of their high school class are entitled to receive a renewable annual merit scholarship of at least $7,500. Students with higher tests scores are considered for even more scholarship dollars, up to $15,000 annually.

http://www.carolinacollegebound.com/2017/06/13/merit-money-available-across-the-border-with-clemson-scholarships/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you so much for posting this!

Feb 18, 2019, 12:59 PM

Hope its true!

My quick research has shown that the deadline for this

Feb 18, 2019, 1:10 PM

scholarship has already passed...but, it does exist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 10:04 PM

Congratulations to your daughter and family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 18, 2019, 1:48 PM

Big congratulations! I know that’s a life changer when it’s official. Opens up their future before them.
Having said that, I just listened to a report on student loan debt. If she can’t graduate without a heavy burden of debt she’s going to have to pay off, I’d strongly consider other options. So many students can’t move forward in life with homes or even moving out because they can’t afford it. Be smart about it financially so her future won’t be in the red before she even gets started.
If you can swing it, go for it!

Feb 18, 2019, 3:46 PM

My son just got in as well. He loves Clemson, but he is torn between Clemson Business School and the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. I know his heart ?? is with the Tigers, but Indiana’s Business School is at the very top of the rankings. My wife and I would love to have both our kids as Tigers, but it is his call. At this point, more information is better than less. Very proud of him and will always love the Tigers no matter what he decides.

Feb 19, 2019, 5:39 PM

Congratulations to your daughter and to you. Leaving home for college is one of the greatest experiences in one's life, It's the first step in leaving the "nest" and it involves the entire family. It's also an emotional experience for everyone.

My oldest daughter was at Winthrop in the late 1960's and early 70's. She came home on most weekends but each week I wrote her a letter on Monday, just something short. On the return address I always had something related to a Society, such as "Society For The Elimination of Friday Classes", "Society For the Banning of Homework", etc. Her friends were always anxious to see the return address on the letter.
I think she has saved every one of those letters.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 6:19 PM

thats very sweet. i think these days Ill have to send text messages.

Feb 19, 2019, 6:31 PM

I was fortunate enough to go to Clemson with my best buddy in high school. We were both out of state and were also fortunate enough to have parents that each put up $5K for a down payment on a cheap townhome on Freedom Drive. We immediately got state driver’s licenses, and 12-months later we were citizens of SC and got onstage from that point on.

Combined with a Tiger scholarship for good grades, co-oping 4-times with a company in Greenville, and a pile of Stafford loans; Pretso!!! Clemson man!

It’s harder these days, but in seriousness the townhome option saved tens of thousands. Just gotta make sure you have a daughter who’s responsible enough for that approach.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 6:34 PM

My folks live in SC. Ive got to find out how to move her there...

Feb 19, 2019, 6:31 PM

I forgot the most important part!

Congratulations on your daughter’s acceptance!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic