Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope The Chad puts the screen passes on hold
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I hope The Chad puts the screen passes on hold

Nov 26, 2014, 12:38 PM

The Coots are going to be keying on those plays. Let's change things up a little and surprise them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia State blew up several of them on Saturday....

Nov 26, 2014, 12:40 PM

it could get ugly if we keep trying them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

fingers crossed for power run gane

Nov 26, 2014, 12:42 PM

do you believe in magic, bob?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Georgia State blew up several of them on Saturday....

Nov 26, 2014, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Georgia State blew up several of them on Saturday.... ]

Oh he is going to keep running them come hell or high water

why?

Nov 26, 2014, 12:43 PM

It's a tremendous part of the running game of our offense and if they play up, we've got them beat deep. The screen pass has been responsible for opening up the little passing game we've had this season.

Understand that this offense wins when the defense overpursues.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why?

Nov 26, 2014, 12:45 PM

Well I think maybe a little play action and hit slants over the middle and we pick apart the Coots.

It works even better when we don't throw them when

Nov 26, 2014, 6:05 PM [ in reply to why? ]

They aren't open. Defenses aren't over pursuing on these plays, they are guessing the play call

Yeah, they will be waiting for that.***

Nov 26, 2014, 12:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I hope The Chad puts the screen passes on hold

Nov 26, 2014, 12:48 PM

I don't care if I don't see a screen pass period on Saturday.

Isn't it a crazy thought that there are dozens of successful offenses in the NFL and the NCAA who rarely if every throw screens? How in da whirl do that work?

Nov 26, 2014, 12:53 PM

Well the Coots are Def going to be waiting on them and if the Chad stays predictable it's makes the Coots job easy.

c'mon bruh CM is all about smoke and mirrors....

Nov 26, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope The Chad puts the screen passes on hold ]

all deception all the time.

The only people he's deceived are the fans who thought he was a good OC when he had NFL players making him look like one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: c'mon bruh CM is all about smoke and mirrors....

Nov 26, 2014, 12:54 PM

I believe you are right

leave it in the locker room***

Nov 26, 2014, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fake the screen to Scott and have mike williams

Nov 26, 2014, 12:51 PM

streaking down the other side of the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

The same side after a weak fake block

Nov 26, 2014, 6:09 PM

This will sell it more.we have not blocked this play well all yr

Dude... you KNOW we are going to see at least 5 or 6 screens

Nov 26, 2014, 12:58 PM

in the first half. After they blow them all up, Chad will try ONE fake screen, bomb and it won't work and we won't see it again.

Chad may break the record for shotgun/pistol draws against SCAR.

Also we will see one or two jet sweeps and about 15 fake jet sweeps.

We will see that misdirection toss play that WOULD have worked perfectly without asinine fumbles earlier in the year, but SCAR will have studied them and it won't work this time despite the fact we won't fumble it.

We will see some deep balls early... hope they work.

We will see a ton of read option hand-offs that are slow developing.

SCAR is going to stack the box and have safety support for any deep trickery.

Middle range 10-15 yd passes will be wide open early in the game. We will see if Chad does the unthinkable and calls several.

Chad is painfully predictable. Easy to get in his head if you are paying attention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude... you KNOW we are going to see at least 5 or 6 screens

Nov 26, 2014, 1:32 PM

> in the first half. After they blow them all up, Chad
> will try ONE fake screen, bomb and it won't work and
> we won't see it again.
>
> Chad may break the record for shotgun/pistol draws
> against SCAR.
>
> Also we will see one or two jet sweeps and about 15
> fake jet sweeps.
>
> We will see that misdirection toss play that WOULD
> have worked perfectly without asinine fumbles earlier
> in the year, but SCAR will have studied them and it
> won't work this time despite the fact we won't fumble
> it.
>
> We will see some deep balls early... hope they work.
>
> We will see a ton of read option hand-offs that are
> slow developing.
>
> SCAR is going to stack the box and have safety
> support for any deep trickery.
>
> Middle range 10-15 yd passes will be wide open early
> in the game. We will see if Chad does the unthinkable
> and calls several.
>
> Chad is painfully predictable. Easy to get in his
> head if you are paying attention.

Completely Solid Orange, I agree with the first sentence of your post except I believe the 5 to 6 screen passes will be in the 1st quarter instead of the first half

Your last two paragraphs are very, very, good. The quick opening short pass over the middle has been very successful for us this year and it relieves a lot of pressure on the quarterback in the pocket and also forces the backers to stay back a little which opens the running game, IMHO. As to Chad being painfully predictable, I agree here somewhat. We have the flat screen, bubble screen, the handoff up the middle and the deep, deep, sideline pass which is very, very risky for a turnover. To me, based on past games, all of the motion, deception, etc. is window dressing because we are going to run those base plays mentioned above and for the most part, defenses don't have to be too concerned with the window dressing. I truly hope that Chad does not continue with his "conservative" play calling because I think it will be counter productive for us in the overall scheme of things considering the injuries we have on the OL. Chad says he likes to take chances, make the defense adjust to his offense. Well if that is the case, Coach Chad, open up the playbook but don't be reckless, their D hasn't been very good this year. Enough of my jabber. Time for a nap!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will be either the first or second play.***

Nov 26, 2014, 12:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That will be either the first or second play.***

Nov 26, 2014, 1:03 PM

Then the next play will be to the other side

yep.***

Nov 26, 2014, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's run all of those other plays the Cole runs so well.

Nov 26, 2014, 1:06 PM

Geez.

Re: Let's run all of those other plays the Cole runs so well.

Nov 26, 2014, 2:05 PM

Chuckston T-Man, now let's be really fair. Watson is hurt, Stoudt is the QB but Chad says we need to run the "base offense" with no HUNH because of this. Well, as I have said before, we didn't run the base offense with no HUNH at the beginning of the season when Stoudt was the QB and we were pretty successful. What has changed? Well, for one, Stoudt is playing with an injured, and painful, non throwing shoulder along with an injury depleted OL where some are playing out of their normal position. So we decide to just call "basic plays" which, IMHO, puts even more pressure on the OL for performance. What am I missing here? Do we truly expect Stoudt to be very, very successful under this scenario? I think it is a recipe for disaster. As I have said before, explain to me how a 30-40 pass down field is going to be successful when you have a 4.35 "non blocked" receiver in the 40 against a DL that gets to the "2nd team" QB in about 2.9 seconds? And the consensus then becomes "it's all Stoudt's fault!" Really, really? I still believe it is a team sport which includes all involved, players, coaches, trainers, etc.

I am overdue for my afternoon nap!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way Dye is stopped. He's better than Gurley

Nov 26, 2014, 6:31 PM

And Chubb.

I want some of what you're smoking.

Nov 26, 2014, 9:18 PM

Dye looks like a fine back, but Gurley has been NFL ready since at least his sophomore year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gurley was NFL ready his soph year at Tarboro HS***

Nov 26, 2014, 10:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasted on Thanksgiving eve. Classic.***

Nov 26, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to No way Dye is stopped. He's better than Gurley ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

24 points...

Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 PM

I don't think we score more than 24 points regardless of the QB. Our defense will determine of we win. I think we will play extremely aggressive D and hold them to 13!!! Calling it here now!

Agreed!

Nov 26, 2014, 6:41 PM

Coots have seen those coming even before CM got to Clemson. Their D may not be what it was, but they still have big time athletes that can fly around. All it takes is one of our guys to get jacked behind the LOS to pop the rock loose. We all know what happens when you turn the ball over....... Nothing good. GO TIGERS!!!!!

I don't mind the screens

Nov 26, 2014, 7:50 PM

Especially if they are consistently getting us 3+ yards per attempt....better than running up the middle for 1 or a loss. The screen can work in lieu of a short run

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2014, 9:17 PM

I'm thinking at least 5 but with DW i think we throw deep early and often. Also would really like to see jet sweep to Scott at least once

Fake it and throw backside seam***

Nov 26, 2014, 10:00 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic