Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have any of you fine folks done your taxes yet AND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Have any of you fine folks done your taxes yet AND

Jan 21, 2019, 3:15 PM

did whatever we are allowed to do with SC gas receipts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Jan 21, 2019, 3:21 PM

Tried to install Turbo tax on work computer, but apparently IT has added software to block us from doing such.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

taxslayer is better

Jan 21, 2019, 3:24 PM

aaand works here.

however, if turbo tax has all of your history, welll.....whatever

Is it free? In-laws always buy the cd and give it to me to

Jan 21, 2019, 3:40 PM

use later.

no....whale, not the version I have to use

Jan 21, 2019, 3:41 PM

if you're just doing a basic return, it might be

This is 2019, just go to their website

Jan 21, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Nope ]

You don't need to install ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never understood you mid-January tax prep people.

Jan 21, 2019, 3:48 PM

I never....ever....have all the docs I need until at least the very end of Jan, early Feb, to do my taxes.

Even if I wanted to I'm still waiting for forms and reports to come in. How do you do it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just wanna get started before april 11th

Jan 21, 2019, 3:50 PM

~DGUAR, every.single.year.

I've got all of my documents except for 1

Jan 21, 2019, 3:53 PM

Which I usually receive mid March. I know that doc is reporting a loss so I want to get everything else in to get an idea if I can get the kids new bikes off layaway.

My mortgage peeps is kinda messin' me up for the time being

Jan 21, 2019, 4:22 PM

tho technically, it's my fault.

Despite closing attorney repeating over and over again to send in the tax exemption for primary residence forms....i, uh....didn't. That is, until the county sent a tax 'bill' (really, just a heads up what was expected from escrow acct) for $XXXX.xx.

That amount was a good 3x what it should've been.

So, I go to county tax office. I asked the lovely lady there 'how many of these have come in today', she says "ALL of them". She was actually in a pretty good mood, considering she'd been correcting lazy-ass peoples' procrastination all day....she says the change should be updated onlinein a week. It was the easiest and quickest thing I've ever done in that tax office.

So, I call bank to give them a heads up, and they say "Hey, cool...no prob, bruh. Our system isn't sending anything out for another few weeks, and it'll check with the county website before it does, so as long as it's updated by then, blah blah blah"

In a week or so, as expected, the county website is updated to reflect changed (much much less) amount.

a week later, I see some weirdness on mint.com, and quickly trace it back to mortgage peeps sending out the original 3x amount. yay.

What this has done now, is both
1) created a rather significant deficit in my escrow account (which could really throw off the forthcoming escrow analysis), and
2) screwed up my tax doc's for the time being

Mortgage peeps got another call from me, saying "ya dint do what ya said ya was gonna do". They apologized, put a hold on any forthcoming escrow analyses until this is resolved (which is good), but can't do anything until they find out if/when g'ville county will either refund them or me the difference (which hasn't happened yet)

So NOW, do I file with whatever the current tax 'payment' is recorded on the docs i've been provided with, knowing it's temporary and wrong? Or input the amount that it'll eventually end up being?

Hmmmmm

Jan 21, 2019, 4:28 PM

I'll have you know that at the bank I did all I could to

Jan 21, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to I have never understood you mid-January tax prep people. ]

have the W2s ready before the end of the month and most years I didn't have much else to wait on. I am still waiting on my W2 for 2018, but should be able to get my taxes done quickly after that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#metoo

Jan 21, 2019, 3:54 PM

keep all my slumlord records as i go
all i need every year is wifes w2

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have any of you fine folks done your taxes yet AND

Jan 21, 2019, 3:55 PM

I am absolutely mortified at the idea of sitting down with a CPA this year. With all of the inheritance stuff and multiple and I mean multiple institutions I have been dealing with the past year. This is going to get messy and potentially expensive.

This has nothing to do with your question. After reading your email I just had a super double dose of anxiety that I needed to release.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The uncertainty is maddening.

Jan 21, 2019, 4:17 PM

Boat show pricing is in effect NOW, but you have no clue if you're going to be getting the 35 foot boat or the 29.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m hoping

Jan 21, 2019, 3:55 PM

That the credit card summary you get at the end of the year is good enough. We have one card that we use just for groceries and gas that gives you a detailed spending summary that I’m counting on being enough.

Used a different card when we traveled out of state to try and keep it simple.

I'm not even sure what the advantage is supposed to be.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:02 PM

Residents can get back the 2 cent gas tax increase

Jan 21, 2019, 4:13 PM

I didn’t know you could claim preventative maintenance too.

https://dor.sc.gov/resources-site/media-site/Pages/START-SAVING-RECEIPTS-IN-JANUARY-2018-TO-CLAIM-NEW-MOTOR-FUEL-INCOME-TAX-CREDIT.aspx

Gotta do more digging for those receipts

I read it as the lesser of the two amounts.

Jan 21, 2019, 4:19 PM

All I did for maintenance in 2018 was 2 oil changes.

hmm...out of state gas doesn't count? (makes sense now that

Jan 21, 2019, 4:26 PM [ in reply to I’m hoping ]

I typed it out...)

I was going to rely on the credit card 'trick'....guess I'll just have to pay attention and hope the transaction info has some location info to it

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic