Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“I have analyzed the last ten teams…….
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,540

“I have analyzed the last ten teams…….

Apr 18, 2017, 2:13 AM

…..there is just a razor-thin margin between where we are and where we want to be.”

Is it just me or is he actually saying the goal is to simply make the tournament? No championships, no win'em all attitude, no make'em dread Clemson being a new power house, just make the tournament?

That is kinda like saying we just wanna make a bowl game, any bowl will do.........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “I have analyzed the last ten teams…….

Apr 18, 2017, 4:58 AM

And of course you spoke to all the players,and the coaches during your analysis?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

any margin can be thin if you spread the excuses far enough***

Apr 18, 2017, 5:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Statistically or Analytacilly

Apr 18, 2017, 5:58 AM

Asking for a friend

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I think the sooner the AD comes to the conclusion

Apr 18, 2017, 7:41 AM

that Brownell is MBB's Tommy Bowden, and takes appropriate action, the better off the program will be.

He got one more year, so let's see what he does with it, but I don't think this is a coach that we need to keep hanging on to because he's "on the verge" of breaking through to greatness.

Oakland! What is razor thin..

Apr 18, 2017, 8:32 AM

about giving up a 20 point lead into a loss to a lesser team? More like a sledgehammer thin margin there.

Well, the goal last year was to make the tournament.

Apr 18, 2017, 12:37 PM

It will be the goal again next year. Hopefully, we will make the tournament, and revise our goal upward as we move forward.

It is sort of like football: our initial goal when Dabo took over was to play harder and win more close games. Once we did that, it was to win the division. Once we did that, it was to win the ACC. Once we did that, it was to win a BCS bowl game. Once we did that, it was to make the playoff. Once we did that, it was to win a national championship.

It would have been silly and completely unrealistic if our short-term goal in football when Dabo was hired was to win the national championship the following year. Of course that would have been great, but that's now how you set short-term goals.

I think it would be interesting to ask Brownell publicly what his on the court goals are for Clemson basketball, including his long-term vision. My hope would be that he has a vision to have us in the NCAA Tournament every year, making deep runs into the Sweet 16 and beyond in the not-too-distant future. This will obviously take a few years, but that should be the long-term goal. But we have to make the NCAA Tournament first, which is why that is the goal.

Crawl before you can walk, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Well, the goal last year was to make the tournament.

Apr 18, 2017, 12:43 PM

According to Drad making the NCAA tournament is not important. Larry Shyatt should have had him as Ad. If Brownell believes everything he said in his presser, he doesn't understand the real world of college athletics.

You've heard of coach speak, right?

Apr 22, 2017, 3:43 PM

There is also AD speak. Do you honestly believe that DRad didn't have a serious discussion with Brownell about needing to win more games and make the NCAA Tournament? I'm sure Brad acknowledges this as well.

DRad did not want to state this publicly because it puts the coach and Clemson in a very awkward position. Of course the goal is to win games. If you don't think it is, then you need to read between the lines better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: “I have analyzed the last ten teams…….

Apr 20, 2017, 7:46 PM

It wasn't long ago we W E R E saying that about bowl games .

DB23

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,540
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic