Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a serious question for SCAR fans who may be lurking.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I have a serious question for SCAR fans who may be lurking.

Aug 12, 2018, 12:06 PM

I was reading a comment in another thread about Muschamp that indicated his recruiting will have SCAR "competing at a high level again".

What does that mean exactly? Has your team ever competed at a high level? I'm not trying to be mean, but I am 46 and do not remember SCAR football ever competing at a high level.

There were a couple of good seasons in the 80s, but nothing to show for it other than AP rankings. Spurrier led SCAR to 5 in a row over Clemson and an SEC East title. Again, nothing to show for it except in-state bragging rights and a Division Title banner.

SCAR didn't pass the .500 all-time W/L ratio until 2007 or 2008. This doesn't seem like "high level" performance to me. Currently SCAR's all time W/L percentage is only .512 with 602 wins, 572 losses and 44 ties. You have literally only won 30 more games than you have lost!

Before you pull out the automatic response about the SEC... the majority of SCAR's losses came while they belonged to the Southern and Atlantic Coast Conferences. SCAR improved their overall record to get to .500 while in the SEC.

Again, I'm not trying to be an a$$, I just want to know how you define competing at a high level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating Kentucky***

Aug 12, 2018, 12:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL- true!

Aug 12, 2018, 12:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude

Aug 12, 2018, 12:17 PM

In this case, it's really alright for you to be an a$$. All of those five bombs deserve centuries of payback!

You’re not being mean you’re just being honest.

Aug 12, 2018, 12:18 PM

Go ??!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is SC football, lol***

Aug 12, 2018, 12:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is SC football, lol***

Aug 12, 2018, 9:56 PM

Having resided in the Midlands from 1981 to the present with the exception of one year, I believe I can put forth an explanation of “higher level football” mentioned by Usuck fans.

Other than the Todd Ellis “steroid era” under Joe Morrison the GC program had never experienced any sustained nationally recognized success outside of George’s Heisman campaign.

The OBC gave them a five year glimpse of potential sustained success with promises of SEC championships. He never quite got there despite one division title so the sole element their fans can exclaim is five fingers! Now that Dabo has all but erased that blemish from his early career in building a sustained program of multiple conference championships and CFP appearances all GC fans can do is hope.

Muscrap knows he can build limited recruiting success in S.C. and beyond, but after this year matters get much harder as BAMA, Auburn, LSU along with improved UGa., UF and UT programs compete. Heck even UK and TAMU can claim five in a row with wins this year alone. Wait until TAMU and Arkansas reach another level themselves and Muscrap won’t stand a chance of continuing program development by comparison. Usuck fans want a “higher level” in order to merely compete without losing faith in possibilities! Good luck.

The USCe academic and Football Centers will help, but Muscrap’s program reminds me not of Dabo’s, but of Tommy Bowden’s!! Good, but never quite good enough. GC fans are envious of something not quite in reach, but until they really develop quality OL/DL play they will not achieve what Clemson already has seen over the Howard, Ford and now Dabo eras, Great sustained programs winning championships!

Go Tigers!

High level for them is averaging an 8-4 regular season...

Aug 12, 2018, 12:30 PM

With a once-in-a-blue-moon 9-3 or an even rarer 10-2 regular season.

If Muschump could create 9-4 seasons from here on out, they would erect an 90 foot banner of him by the year 2024.

~JKB

Re: High level for them is averaging an 8-4 regular season...

Aug 12, 2018, 12:33 PM

Citadel comes to mind!

They are a perennial bottom feeder...

Aug 12, 2018, 2:07 PM

Always have been...always will be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Curious to see how Muscrat's recruits feel when

Aug 12, 2018, 2:29 PM

they discover he condones capital punishment at practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a serious question for SCAR fans who may be lurking.

Aug 12, 2018, 6:05 PM

No takers? Do we have a shortage coot trolls on the board?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2010 to 2013 was the golden age

Aug 12, 2018, 8:40 PM

Of coot fb.
They did have some good teams in that stretch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

scar football, 27 years in the sec,

Aug 13, 2018, 12:13 AM

NO titles

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic