Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 277

I have a question.

Jul 18, 2019, 8:35 AM

During the 2015-6 presidential campaign in an expression of how disgusting it would be to see Trump become president a huge number of people said they would leave America if he won.

Some of the most notable are

Bryan Cranston, Samuel L. Jackson, Lena Dunham, Neve Campbell, Cher, Miley Cyrus, Barbara Streisand, Ne-Yo, Amy Schumer, Chelsea Handler, Jon Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg, Keegan-Michael Key and George Lopez, Al Sharpton

Ruth Bader Ginsburg “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand,” she said quoting her husband who died in 2010. “I can’t imagine what the country would be with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don’t even want to contemplate that.” Ginsburg later apologized for her comments, calling them “ill-advised.”

This appears to be the strongest expression Trump hate. Last night he spoke loudly and clearly to those sworn to leave a couple years ago and the JV Squad during a campaign style rally in NC, 'Love it or leave it.' It's not as if he initiated the thought, after all, half of Hollywood made the comment.

It is nearing time for another general election which brings me to one question for anyone and everyone threatening to leave if Trump is reelected. "Can I get that in writing?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Zealand, that's already happening regardless of

Jul 18, 2019, 9:22 AM

political affiliation.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/feb/15/why-silicon-valley-billionaires-are-prepping-for-the-apocalypse-in-new-zealand

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Zealand, that's already happening regardless of

Jul 18, 2019, 9:27 AM

"“And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;” Rev 6:15

I mean, how is it that anyone thinks this surprises me or causes me to fear?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't trying to surprise you or cause you to fear. Just thought

Jul 18, 2019, 9:43 AM

it was an interesting article, which it is..

"If you’re interested in the end of the world, you’re interested in New Zealand. If you’re interested in how our current cultural anxieties – climate catastrophe, decline of transatlantic political orders, resurgent nuclear terror – manifest themselves in apocalyptic visions, you’re interested in the place occupied by this distant archipelago of apparent peace and stability against the roiling unease of the day.

If you’re interested in the end of the world, you would have been interested, soon after Donald Trump’s election as US president, to read a New York Times headline stating that Peter Thiel, the billionaire venture capitalist who co-founded PayPal and was an early investor in Facebook, considered New Zealand to be “the Future”. Because if you are in any serious way concerned about the future, you’re also concerned about Thiel, a canary in capitalism’s coal mine who also happens to have profited lavishly from his stake in the mining concern itself."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a question.

Jul 18, 2019, 10:06 AM

What's your question again?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 277
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic