Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a new favorite police man.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

I have a new favorite police man.

Mar 26, 2015, 8:41 AM

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article16338710.html

Hey bicycle riding #### bags, you have to behave like a car.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE IGNORANT OF THIS -

Mar 26, 2015, 8:55 AM
cycling.jpg(210.0 K)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Jef the Cyclist a man or woman?

Mar 26, 2015, 9:07 AM

It looks like Jef has bewbs.

That is just Jere Burns.***

Mar 26, 2015, 9:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I passed a group of cyclists the otehr day.

Mar 26, 2015, 9:55 AM

most of them were respectful enough to get over to the side of the road. I passed them with going over into the other lane minimally. This one guy looked back and saw me and still stayed about 3-4 ft from the edge of the road. So I passed him by minimally going into the other lane and probably within a foot of him. He went ballistic and shot me the bird... I laughed... I just dont get some of them. Their mentality is the won the road and cars are a nuisance.

PS: I just learned I didnt know how to spell nuisance.

I have seen bicyclist at least move over...rarely.

Mar 26, 2015, 9:57 AM

But I have never seen one obey traffic lights and stop signs. One of these days, I will have somebody open a car door on them.

I really love the ones that ride on the wrong side of the

Mar 26, 2015, 10:02 AM

road, especially when I am making a right turn from a stop light or sign and looking back to my left to see if it's clear. I shouldn't have to worry about some jackleg on a bicycle coming from the right.

Down here, we have a certain demographic that

Mar 26, 2015, 10:04 AM

thinks the two yellow lines in the middle of the road are a bike lane.

Riding in the 2 yellow lines in the middle could actually

Mar 26, 2015, 10:05 AM

help to speed up the process of natural selection.

I noticed that this past weekend

Mar 26, 2015, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Down here, we have a certain demographic that ]

Dude rode IN the yellow lanes. Fortunately for him, I wasn't driving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Have you guys ever noticed that the bicycle actually

Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to I really love the ones that ride on the wrong side of the ]

provides almost zero cover from automatic weapons fire?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a bicycle, but similar instance...

Mar 26, 2015, 10:30 AM [ in reply to I really love the ones that ride on the wrong side of the ]

Dude on buddybook got hit by a car crossing the street, evidentially the car was doing about 30 mph, and HE was the one upset at the driver for not paying attention. How about you pay the #### attention, the car is going to win that battle every time, hence the reason you almost died idiot. I'd hope I caused great physical injury to someone who was idiotic enough to walk out in front of me and mess up my truck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pedestrians are the protected class, but they have to

Mar 26, 2015, 10:36 AM

use their brains every now and then.

I obey traffic regs when I ride, more than when I drive.***

Mar 26, 2015, 10:29 AM [ in reply to I have seen bicyclist at least move over...rarely. ]

When I'm riding - I get over and make sure not to get hit

Mar 26, 2015, 10:09 AM [ in reply to I passed a group of cyclists the otehr day. ]

I know cars own the road and I make sure not to become a red road stain.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you behave at stop signs and traffic lights?***

Mar 26, 2015, 10:11 AM

Of course.

Mar 26, 2015, 10:12 AM

But I do pass stopped cars at a stop sign. I do stop at the sign and then proceed when its my turn.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you do not behave at stop signs.***

Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 AM

I'm not waiting behind cars at a stop sign.***

Mar 26, 2015, 10:14 AM

Then you are likely to get hit with my car door

Mar 26, 2015, 10:15 AM

once I get a trained monkey. Share the road, wait your turn.

Nope - I'm going past all the waiting cars to the front of

Mar 26, 2015, 10:17 AM

the line. If you get yourself a monkey - I'm calling to Schwimmer.

Maybe he needs a ticket because passing on the right

Mar 26, 2015, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Then you are likely to get hit with my car door ]

is illegal.

Rare bird here... 99.99% of the time I stop where I would

Mar 26, 2015, 10:39 AM

I were driving my car, and do not drive through until it would be my turn. It does #### me off a bit when most cyclist don't stop.
I've been hit before and it effed up his stationwagon pretty bad.

I do carry though.

Do this if the cars have room to pass you later

Mar 26, 2015, 11:41 AM [ in reply to I'm not waiting behind cars at a stop sign.*** ]

What I hate is when I'll have to sit and wait behind a cyclist until I have room to pass them, then they pass me again later because I've had to stop at a light or a stop sign and they didn't stop, then I have to do all the waiting all over again. If the cars have room to pass you without having to wait for traffic to clear on the other side of the road, then you don't need to wait at a light or a stop sign. But constantly making people wait behind you because you don't want to wait your turn at a stop is a d-bag move.

The other really annoying- and really dangerous- move I've seen cyclists do is to go through an intersection where cars are waiting to turn on the wrong side, just because they can scoot through quicker than a car. That's a recipe for somebody turning into you because they can't see what you're doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pass around to get to the stop sign so I can get off the

Mar 26, 2015, 11:47 AM

road as soon as possible. I hate riding with cars and would like to be on paths. I ride on the Hudson River waterfront and getting there doesn't take too long.

Why do you pass cars? To me that's a jackassish as people

Mar 26, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Of course. ]

on the interstate that fly by backed up traffic and try to cut in on up ahead. I make sure to never let those bwholes in.

Why would I wait behind a line of 5-7 cars when I can just

Mar 26, 2015, 10:18 AM

go to the front?

Because just like driving a car, you are suppose to wait

Mar 26, 2015, 10:21 AM

your turn.

I'm not driving like a car

Mar 26, 2015, 10:44 AM

My bike has two wheels and I'm making it go manually with my legs.

But you are still suppose to obey traffic laws***

Mar 26, 2015, 10:45 AM

Because you are already in the #### way

Mar 26, 2015, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Why would I wait behind a line of 5-7 cars when I can just ]

an that puts you more in the way when the light turns.

This was about stop signs

Mar 26, 2015, 10:44 AM

Not lights.

If you go to Starbucks, do you cut the 5-7 people in line

Mar 26, 2015, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Why would I wait behind a line of 5-7 cars when I can just ]

in front of you?

You wait...you wait

Bc it's a bike, not a car

Mar 26, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Why do you pass cars? To me that's a jackassish as people ]

If they've got room, they should go ahead and pass. My problem is when they constantly hold up traffic on a narrow road and you can never pass for good because they don't wait their turns. That and the people who pass you on the right when you're waiting to turn right at a stop sign or stop light. Again, those people are just asking to be hit by a car.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's careless and I would never do it.

Mar 26, 2015, 5:16 PM [ in reply to I passed a group of cyclists the otehr day. ]

If the idiot scratched my car I'd have to turn around and run him down like a dog cat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yesterday, I was passed in the bike lane on the right

Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 AM

by one of those new souped-up mopeds doing about 50 in a 30. Scared the freak out of me because it was so sudden and unexpected.

So are the bike lanes for Any type of "bike"? Harley?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that guy was an ####### and you should have

Mar 26, 2015, 10:16 AM

put a bullet in him.

There's a new law in SC regarding mopeds

Mar 26, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to yesterday, I was passed in the bike lane on the right ]

If they get clocked going over 35 MPH they can be pulled over and ticketed if they don't have a moped license and insurance. Doesn't matter if it's the 50cc engine or not. Too many people have bought mopeds and then fixed them so they would go faster and now they are trying to put a stop to it. To me, it's a motorized vehicle no matter engine size and all riders should be required to have a moped licence and insurance. Quit letting DUI drivers ride mopeds, make them ride bicycles or walk.

Your way just causes more people to be like

Mar 26, 2015, 10:23 AM

Jimbeam and in the #### way.

I would love to see the state legislature act on this with a

Mar 26, 2015, 10:24 AM [ in reply to There's a new law in SC regarding mopeds ]

law that allows the hunting of mopeds year round, day or night. You know, like coyotes.

I swear to Pete, I am going to write you in for POTUS during

Mar 26, 2015, 10:25 AM

the next election.

I probably am the last hope for America.***

Mar 26, 2015, 10:28 AM

Just don't work too hard saving in.

Mar 26, 2015, 10:38 AM

I will win the election after you are done...and push the red button within hours.

He passed cars on the right while they were making a

Mar 26, 2015, 10:38 AM

left turn? Look, I hate these cycle twats as much as the next guy, but it doesn't sound like he did anything wrong. Maybe I'm not correctly understanding what transpired.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In many cases, bicycles don't belong on the same

Mar 26, 2015, 1:09 PM

roads with cars - period. I don't give a ### what the stupid laws are. When bikes can accelerate as rapidly and travel as fast as the cars around them, then let'em go wherever cars go. Until then, they should quit being a bunch of ######### and quit being so completely inconsiderate of others slowing down the flow of traffic and endangering the lives of others. Ride on the sidewalk or in the cul-de-sac, or on the side of the road where cars don't have to slow down to avoid killing you, but stay the hayull out of the way if you can't freaking keep up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oh wow a HOF post from aero;

Mar 26, 2015, 5:21 PM

How ironic that yur mum likes it when I misbehave.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic